Harbor Heights Progress

vdogg

• Replies 897
  • Created
  • Last Reply
From the way it's shaping up, i'm not impressed. The original design and marketing was an open air market, with more luxurious settings and displays, bistro style, etc. Instead, it's got Farm Fresh signage inside the store, cold mundane flourescent lights down row after row, windows are blacked out where shelving has been installed against them, and no bistro or open air design at all. I hope something changes but it looks like instead of the upscale market it's going to be a higher end Farm Fresh....disappointing. It's good a grocery store is opening in downtown but from what the original design was, this is a letdown.

• 2 weeks later...

Walking by and looking it's not bad looking at all. Grocery stores are, well grocery stores. The open air market idea would be great if it wasn't in the bottom of building so I am not that saddened by it. It looks nice enough and actually might be bigger than I expected.

I am wondering if there will be a Starbucks located inside? I doubt that I will be there at 8AM but I probably will walk over once that day.

From the way it's shaping up, i'm not impressed. The original design and marketing was an open air market, with more luxurious settings and displays, bistro style, etc. Instead, it's got Farm Fresh signage inside the store, cold mundane flourescent lights down row after row, windows are blacked out where shelving has been installed against them, and no bistro or open air design at all. I hope something changes but it looks like instead of the upscale market it's going to be a higher end Farm Fresh....disappointing. It's good a grocery store is opening in downtown but from what the original design was, this is a letdown.

Visited the sales office at 150 W. Main today. Very informative and upbeat realtor. Claims about 50% of units are sold. One owner has purchased three penthouse (16th floor) units side by side to combine as one. Another has purchased two penthouse units side by side.

Floors 7-9 are lofts and 22 of 33 units are sold.

The first two floors of condo's are floors 10 and 11. 16 of these 22 units are sold.

They have work to do on the higher priced condo's on floors 12-15. Only 4 of 33 are sold thus far. Prices range from 407K to 858K.

And at the penthouse level, 6 of 11 possible units are sold.

Visited the sales office at 150 W. Main today. Very informative and upbeat realtor. Claims about 50% of units are sold. One owner has purchased three penthouse (16th floor) units side by side to combine as one. Another has purchased two penthouse units side by side.

Floors 7-9 are lofts and 22 of 33 units are sold.

The first two floors of condo's are floors 10 and 11. 16 of these 22 units are sold.

They have work to do on the higher priced condo's on floors 12-15. Only 4 of 33 are sold thus far. Prices range from 407K to 858K.

And at the penthouse level, 6 of 11 possible units are sold.

Visited the sales office at 150 W. Main today. Very informative and upbeat realtor. Claims about 50% of units are sold. One owner has purchased three penthouse (16th floor) units side by side to combine as one. Another has purchased two penthouse units side by side...

Seriously, how many of you can afford to drop $400K+ on an apartment? If you could, would you? That is alot of money for "property" that has no land, and joined walls. Sure the view is nice, but try living in a place like the Hauge for a year or two, the view goes unnoticed once you've lived there for a month or two.

I've already heard one story of someone who bought @ GT to flip the condo and got stuck by the contract. Ooops. A wealthy well off person looking to profit by making it difficult for the younger people to buy.

Harbor Heights is a neat building, but I would have no desire to own one.

I need a 3 car garage and an inground pool.

I don't know a single person that has bought any of the high rise units.

Archived