Harbor Heights Progress

vdogg

• Replies 897
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The final comments will be the same everyone had for Trader, Westin, and AH Tower when HH is done. Everyone will rave about how they love it. I'd rather save out-of-context architecture for a building a bit more substantial than HH.

:huh: To me the paint looks more yellowish. In the rendering it seemed to indicate a more brown or even brick facade. To me the coloring on this looks a bit tacky. Maybe it's not horrid but it is definitely not what I was expecting based on the rendering. It's pretty much the exact color as the test panel everyone was complaining about a few months ago (I made sure to compare the two).

The front bottom of the building looks very sharp to me, with the inlays in the brick and the white set off with the brick. The yellow stripes across the front will tarnish it though <_< still going to be a great addition to downtown, and better quality than 388 or the Bristol

The front bottom of the building looks very sharp to me, with the inlays in the brick and the white set off with the brick. The yellow stripes across the front will tarnish it though <_< still going to be a great addition to downtown, and better quality than 388 or the Bristol

What have you heard about 388? I've heard it's obnoxiously loud from the parking garage. It's mostly matchstick, with some metal supports (watched them build it). I see the units for sale already on Craigslist... it's all hear-say though, I could be wrong. Too little for too much for me, I think the prices are rediculous.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, the brick on the first two floors looks really great...I can't wait until it's finished. I live on the corner of Duke and Tazewell so I get to see the building everyday.

What are the yellow stripes you are talking about?

What have you heard about 388? I've heard it's obnoxiously loud from the parking garage. It's mostly matchstick, with some metal supports (watched them build it). I see the units for sale already on Craigslist... it's all hear-say though, I could be wrong. Too little for too much for me, I think the prices are rediculous.

Hello everyone. Wow...its been a very long time. Just stopping in to see how things are going. Hmmm...thats funny. I can't hear a thing from the parking garage. It's solid concrete between the garage and the building. Yes, you hear street traffic and cars peeling out when they are driving home from the bars but lets face it, you're living downtown. You're not in the suburbs and residents should have known better before buying their particular unit. Habor Heights and 388 do not compare. It's like comparing cypress point to church point. 388 Boush is very nice in my opinion especially for the point point when many buyers first got in. You won't be able to touch that price point in 10 years. It's the same for every other growing city.

I'm sure that someone will pull a Wachovia Center on that garage in the not too distant future. With so little land left downtown I wouldn't be surprised to see all the remaining garages downtown demolished eventually. Of course the parking would have to be incorporated in the new structures, just like Wachovia.

Archived