Greenville Highrise Index

goodbye

I asked the Post and Courier to try and get an update on several proposed downtown projects so here you all go. They’re still trying to get an update on Gateway, Main at Markley, Baby Bi-Lo project, and Avant also.

https://www.postandcourier.com/greenville/business/prospect-hill-apartments-rhett-street-downtown-greenville-canvas-tower-development/article_3364f336-aa5d-11ee-8498-4371a53e81b3.html#tncms-source=latest_posts

Edited by gman430
  • Thanks 3

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, gman430 said:

The condos/apts at Unity Park look solid. My daughter, who lives in Greenville, takes me to that park every time I'm in town. Super nice. Have they finished the retail/restaurant expansion yet? I read there will be several new restaurant offerings, all of which sounded good (I like to eat).

56 minutes ago, victory said:

The condos/apts at Unity Park look solid. My daughter, who lives in Greenville, takes me to that park every time I'm in town. Super nice. Have they finished the retail/restaurant expansion yet? I read there will be several new restaurant offerings, all of which sounded good (I like to eat).

Not yet. Expansion of The Commons is still under construction. Should be opening some time this year. 

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Birdbrain said:

Well to begin with, OKC already has height:

image.jpeg.e2d379ce3bc12a89b4fe652647696bea.jpeg

With this proposal, the "shorter" buildings at the bottom are taller than the Daniel/Landmark.

1 hour ago, motonenterprises said:

Nice Photoshop you did. Why didn't you make it taller? 😉

Because it isn’t photoshopped. If it was, I would have definitely made it taller. LOL. 

Edited by gman430

5 minutes ago, GvilleSC said:

I assume this is marketing material to inspire interested parties of what is possible on the site?

Correct. It’s what Hughes and the city want to see built on site by whoever buys it. CBRE already has several interested parties. 

Edited by gman430
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The funny thing is we always get interesting looking buildings in marketing materials but then we end up with boring boxes in the real world. Some of the developers need to take some ideas from some of the conceptual artists.

And cue the residents in the McBee appts and beyond objecting that the buildings are too tall and would obstruct their view!:lol:

Edited by distortedlogic