Society | 28- & 17-Story Residential [Under Construction]

Jernigan

47 minutes ago, DreS0803 said:

17 stories is officially ruled out as I’ve counted 18 completed floors. Looks like they’re getting ready to pour concrete for 19 any day now.

There are going to be two towers.

A taller one at 26 floors, which is the one going up now, then a shorter one which is slated to be 17 floors.

17 minutes ago, uncreativeusername said:

With the completion of another 7-8 floors, this should just about come up to BoA's reflective roof from this vantage point. 

You would think so but the Bank of America building floors are measured by office height. This building is residential so it may be a little shorter. I was thinking to the second column or stairlike thing of the Bank of America building

57 minutes ago, IAmFloridaBorn said:

You would think so but the Bank of America building floors are measured by office height. This building is residential so it may be a little shorter. I was thinking to the second column or stairlike thing of the Bank of America building

I know office floor height is greater than residential  buildings (as someone who's been on this forum for nearly twenty years...yikes, when did that happen? lol)

I still stand by my estimate from that vantage point - Society is in front of BoA, so I took perspective into account also...and to @JFW657's point, there's the visor too, which I hadn't even taken into account. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, uncreativeusername said:

I know office floor height is greater than residential  buildings (as someone who's been on this forum for nearly twenty years...yikes, when did that happen? lol)

I still stand by my estimate from that vantage point - Society is in front of BoA, so I took perspective into account also...and to @JFW657's point, there's the visor too, which I hadn't even taken into account. 

Ohhhhh okay. I've been reading the forums since I was 2

12 but didn't join til much later. 

On 3/10/2022 at 1:27 PM, JFW657 said:

Society will have a visor type structure on top which I don't think is counted as part of the 26 floors, so with that it might reach up to level with BOA's glass.  

This is probably What gives it the 28 story height. Unless the original one of the three towers was actually supposed to be 28 floors, but I don't remember if it specified because this didn't have the visors on top. Either way, I do like your illustration that you created that shows this basically leveling out at the crane height that it currently is which seems accurate

24 minutes ago, IAmFloridaBorn said:

This is probably What gives it the 28 story height. Unless the original one of the three towers was actually supposed to be 28 floors, but I don't remember if it specified because this didn't have the visors on top. Either way, I do like your illustration that you created that shows this basically leveling out at the crane height that it currently is which seems accurate

I used a ruler.  :thumbsup:  

• Haha 1

I find it funny that this town keeps compounding mistakes. Central station has been the biggest disaster to be approved for DT. Trash in such a prime location. Now let’s just compound it by putting up the widest 28 story wall to block all of the views coming westbound on I-4. Yeah, that looks much better! Yay!

who lets these thing happen over and over?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, orlandouprise said:

I find it funny that this town keeps compounding mistakes. Central station has been the biggest disaster to be approved for DT. Trash in such a prime location. Now let’s just compound it by putting up the widest 28 story wall to block all of the views coming westbound on I-4. Yeah, that looks much better! Yay!

I started to wonder that back in the 80’s with the completion of Gateway Center right across the street from Radisson near Ivanhoe. Right-across-the-street…

And Gateway’s main design is lost to most people unless you are going the wrong way down a one way road. Weird.

EDDB682E-EA93-45A9-9B6F-AD6187FFA7EC.thumb.jpeg.49c27f967fab9fbc5c3f908e9a858890.jpeg

2 hours ago, orlandouprise said:

I don't think the city has universal control over every design aspect of building construction. They can impose certain overall appearance guidelines, but at some point, property owners and developers have certain legal rights to build on their property as long as it is within zoning regulations. 

Plus, there's probably the cold, hard reality that if they make it too difficult to build in DTO because of excessive requirements and restrictions, developers will just give up and go somewhere else. 

Then we'd have nothing.