Orlando's Hometown National Champions

Jernigan

12 minutes ago, HankStrong said:

They don't seem to be saying what type if leg injury he had.  Do you know @spenser1058 ? 

ACL? MCL? Both? Achilles?  Broken bone?

So far, the most we've gotten is dislocated knee plus possible arterial damage due to blood flow issues. On Open Mike this morning, Coach Heup said it's up to the family to release any more medical info and for whatever reason they aren't doing so. Josh tends to stick close to his talking points anyway.

• Sad 1

On 11/25/2018 at 4:46 PM, spenser1058 said:

Both of the ESPN analysts are predicting UF vs. UCF in the Peach Bowl for the first time.

Are you Gators ready to Charge On!?!

https://es.pn/2PR85d8

Seems like everyone is predicting Florida/UCF in the Peach Bowl.  That means they're thinking UCF is going to lose Memphis this weekend.   Unfortunate.  We'll see how Saturday goes.

On ‎11‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 4:46 PM, spenser1058 said:

Both of the ESPN analysts are predicting UF vs. UCF in the Peach Bowl for the first time.

Are you Gators ready to Charge On!?!

https://es.pn/2PR85d8

There's no way to answer this without someone getting insulted, but I'll try:  If the team that showed up in Tally shows up in Atlanta, then yes.  We can debate about the notion of having something to prove 'till we're blue in the face, so I won't get into that aspect of it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, codypet said:

Err Should be ahead of Michigan IMO.  Two losses is two losses.

yeah, but who did they lose to?  Their two losses are to two teams ahead of UCF in the rankings, ND and TOSU,  and UCF's best win is to a team not even ranked in the Top 25, Pitt.  UF, which is right behind UCF, by comparison, lost to 3 teams, each of which are currently ranked in the Top 25 (Mizzou, UGA, UK). 

So, what would UCF's rank be if they were 8-3 instead of 11-0?  Maybe in the Top 40.  If they were 9-2, maybe in the Top 30.

So, two losses is not two losses, otherwise, all of the conferences would disband, everyone would be independent, and everyone would play a cush schedule to be 11-0 at this point.  But they don't, and the NCAA recognizes that and the rankings account for that.

That's like playing Call of Duty Black Ops Offline Multiplayer on "recruit" difficulty, as opposed to "difficult" or "expert."

But the real tell tale sign is the Colley Bias Free Matrix poll, which has UCF at only No.6 this week (their the ones that had UCF ranked No.1 in 2017).  Wow.  Now that is a testament to UCF's weak schedule where at 11-0 they can't get any higher than  No.6.  Bot UGA and OU, each with a loss, are ahead of UCF.  And we know from my prior posts how much the Colley Matrix favors  wins over tougher schedules with loss(es), which means that for UGA and OU to be ranked ahead of UCF, that UCF's SOS is so exponentially weak compared to their schedules, that a single loss is not enough to drop them below UCF in the ranking.

SOS:  UCF - #71.  UF - #11.  UGA - #3.  OU - #15.

It has UCF #6 this week vs 8th from the CFP.  My post was only arguing that UCF should be #7.  They had UCF at number 1 last year primarily because they won every game and everyone else had one loss.   This year, there are 4 no loss teams.  I personally feel ND is over rated because of how they played against similar opponents.  (Pitt which was briefly ranked.)  Look at 15-25.  They seem to be jumping up and down at random every week.  I wouldn't take much stock if someone is ranked throughout the season.  Remember FSU was ranked the beginning of the season.  Would things be different if UCF played them week 1?

46 minutes ago, codypet said:

It has UCF #6 this week vs 8th from the CFP.  My post was only arguing that UCF should be #7.  They had UCF at number 1 last year primarily because they won every game and everyone else had one loss.   This year, there are 4 no loss teams.  I personally feel ND is over rated because of how they played against similar opponents.  (Pitt which was briefly ranked.)  Look at 15-25.  They seem to be jumping up and down at random every week.  I wouldn't take much stock if someone is ranked throughout the season.  Remember FSU was ranked the beginning of the season.  Would things be different if UCF played them week 1?

I gotcha. 

But what I am saying is that if you look at the poll which had UCF ranked No.1 last year, it currently has UCF behind OU and UGA who each have 1 loss to UCF's 0, because of an exponentially weaker SOS. 

Now apply that to Michigan:  In the case of 2-loss Michigan, Michigan's SOS is #7 with 2 losses; UCF's is #71 with 0 losses.  Michigan's SOS is TEN TIMES tougher than UCF's and so they get recognized for that in the rankings.  

Last year, yes, primarily because of the 0-loss record.

CBS Sports gives Dan Mullen an “A” on his first year as Head Coach at UF.

Josh Heupel, meanwhile, gets an “A+” at UCF (Willie Taggart gets an “F”.)

Charge On!

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/college-football-first-year-coach-grades-floridas-dan-mullen-gets-an-a-uclas-chip-kelly-does-not/amp/

The Knights take on ‘Bama tonight -in hoops. The game starts at 7 at CFE Arena or catch it on ESPNU. Be amazed by Tacko Fall (the dude is truly a giant but thankfully a friendly one) and the whole crew is off to a great start at 5-1. 

Charge On!

https://247sports.com/college/alabama/Article/Alabama-basketball-plays-Central-Florida-in-Orlando-Thursday-which-will-bring-up-Knights-desire-for-football-game-against-Bama-125510723/Amp/

From 24/7 Sports 

The lazy river project at UCF just got a $1 million boost from alumni Mr. and Mrs. Tom McNamara.

Good to see the alums stepping up more and more for athletics - heaven knows Bull Gators at UF have ruled the roost forever.

https://www.orlandoweekly.com/Blogs/archives/2018/11/30/ucfs-on-campus-lazy-river-project-just-got-a-1-million-boost-from-alumni?media=AMP+HTML

From Orlando Weekly 

• Like 1

I had to laugh about this column from a fan of THE OSU about how the Buckeyes will likely lose the beauty contest to Oklahoma for the fourth spot in the CFP.

The very fact that the decision will be made on intangibles instead of on the field just solidifies Danny White’s point. The funny thing is the author is simply rolling over to “the way things are” instead of realizing it should be fixed, finally bringing the FBS in line with every other team sport.

https://www.cleveland.com/osu/2018/12/ohio-state-wins-big-ten-title-which-probably-wont-be-enough-so-then-what-for-the-buckeyes-doug-lesmerises.html?outputType=amp

From Cleveland.com

Although locked out once again from the College Football Invitational, Your Hometown National Champions will once again take on an SEC team on New Year’s.

This time, it will be LSU at the Fiesta Bowl. We’ll see if they’ll use the excuse again should they lose that it was all beneath them, just like when we previously defeated P5 teams Auburn and Baylor in Jan. 1 games.

https://247sports.com/college/lsu/Article/LSU-Tigers-football-UCF-Knights-Fiesta-bowl-game-update-preview-2019-New-Years-Day-125764247/Amp/

From 24/7 Sports

Word.

https://www.sbnation.com/platform/amp/college-football/2018/12/2/18122606/peach-fiesta-bowls-florida-michigan-ucf-lsu

It could have been “THE BATTLE FOR OCALA,” y’all. And the Fiesta Bowl doesn’t even have Tostitos any more *sigh*.

From SB Nation 

Edited by spenser1058