Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

I get the point, but those are some pretty aggressive growth projections.  I can't see us more than doubling our current square footage of buildings by 2024.  I seriously doubt we'll double the number of workers downtown by then either.  The most believable in my mind may be tripling the number of residents, but even that is going to be really tough to do.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Hey_Hey said:

I get the point, but those are some pretty aggressive growth projections.  I can't see us more than doubling our current square footage of buildings by 2024.  I seriously doubt we'll double the number of workers downtown by then either.  The most believable in my mind may be tripling the number of residents, but even that is going to be really tough to do.

Those have to be the upper echelon for growth projections because that just doesn't seem possible in 5-7 years unless some unbelievably ridiculous things come into an alignment like a solar eclipse. 

The Moxy on Broadway has secured funding from Planter's bank of Hopkinsville, KY.  Six stories in two buildings at 215 Broad and 110 Third Ave. South. Brentwood-based Parent Co. is contractor. From the NBJ:  https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2017/12/01/lower-broad-developer-banks-construction-loan-for.html

The forthcoming Marriott Moxy (Nadsaq: MAR) hotel will contain 168 rooms. The hotel will feature four food-and-beverage concepts including one in the basement level, accessed via Broadway, and a rooftop bar. The development is part of the 4,600 hotel rooms proposed or under construction in SoBro, according to our Crane Watch map.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, markhollin said:

Another nice bit of street activation with the Blush clothing boutique being added along 144 5th Ave. North parking garage.

Looking east across 5th Ave. from Central Church of Christ:

Blush, 5th AVe North, Nov 19, 2017 1.jpg

Looking NE from intersection of 5th Ave. North and Commerce St:

Blush, 5th AVe North, Nov 19, 2017 2.jpgWe need more retail in this area not just bars/food.  Hopefully they will survive.

21 minutes ago, nashville_bound said:

Will this be an upscale steakhouse or a honky tonk? Pretty large for just a steak house.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/real-estate/2015/06/01/broadway-get-new-steakhouse-live-music-venue/28313867/

A media release described Harry O's as "family-oriented" and "reasonably priced." Smith said it will have a casual feel for tourists and Nashvillians looking for a different dining option in the Lower Broadway area.

"You'll be able to walk off the street with blue jeans on, cowboy boots, shorts or whatever you have on that day, and sit down and have a good lunch or dinner," Smith said.