Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

From Nashville Post:

The owner of Nashville City Center is having the downtown skyscraper undergo some upgrades..

Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania-based Alliance Partners HSP LLC will see the 26-story tower — at about 400 feet, it is one of the city's 10 tallest building — given a “roof terrace,” according to a Metro Codes-issued permit.

Nashville-based DWC Construction is handling the job, with the permit valued at $285,000.

I wonder if this will be open to the public?  We have so few places to view our growing skyline from "up top."  

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, markhollin said:

From Nashville Post:

The owner of Nashville City Center is having the downtown skyscraper undergo some upgrades..

Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania-based Alliance Partners HSP LLC will see the 26-story tower — at about 400 feet, it is one of the city's 10 tallest building — given a “roof terrace,” according to a Metro Codes-issued permit.

Nashville-based DWC Construction is handling the job, with the permit valued at $285,000.

I wonder if this will be open to the public?  We have so few places to view our growing skyline from "up top."  

No, the terrace is part of Waller's conference center and will remain private space.   

I'm looking forward to the plaza improvements, which will include an outdoor stage and improved seating.    

• Like 2

SoBro Guest House wants to add two new structures to the existing hotel (originally built in 1986 as apartments), which respectively will house a bar with a rooftop deck plus offices and storage space.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/real-estate/2017/07/31/sobro-hotel-seeks-add-bar-none-rooftop-office-and-storage-space/527392001/

Renderings for the expansion:

Screen Shot 2017-08-01 at 8.09.03 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-08-01 at 8.09.26 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-08-01 at 8.09.48 AM.png

What the site currently looks like:

Looking north from Peabody Ave:

SoBro House, 310 Peabody 1, May, 2017.jpg

Looking NW from Peabody and Almond St:

SoBro House, 310 Peabody 2, May, 2017..jpg

• Like 3

The property was sold back in 2015 and thhere was a recent article in the Post and NBJ.

The main news is this.

Dave Pollin, co-founder and co-president of The Buccini/Pollin Group Inc., disclosed in an interview that his 24-year-old company is the main investor in the group that owns the A+ Storage property at 909 Division St.

With income rolling in from renting those self-storage spaces, Pollin said his group is in no hurry to redevelop the site. He said future development could include a residential tower and a hotel, among other options. The property already is zoned in the downtown code, which gives developers the greatest latitude for their projects, allowing the tallest buildings and the most amount of square footage to be created

• Like 2

13 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

With income rolling in from renting those self-storage spaces, Pollin said his group is in no hurry to redevelop the site.

Now I have a real dilemma.  To encourage development in my part of The Gulch, I should get rid of my storage unit there.  But a tower or two on that lot would block my morning sun and my view of Fort Negley and the Adventure Science Center.  What to do?

• Like 1