Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

(Adding a photo from the article for the lazy ones among us. ;))

636270858423491736-muralplainwall.jpg

I love that developers are investing in this kind of public art, but I'm rather confused by the location. It seems like these old low-rises are prime targets for demolition in favor of a larger structure in the not too distant future. It would be a shame to see the murals wiped out only a few years after they were added...

Maybe the wall could be salvaged and worked into a new structure?

Edited by Vrtigo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Vrtigo said:

I love that developers are investing in this kind of public art, but I'm rather confused by the location. It seems like these old low-rises are prime targets for demolition in favor of a larger structure in the not too distant future. It would be a shame to see the murals wiped out only a few years after they were added...

Maybe the wall could be salvaged and worked into a new structure?

Yeah...when I saw the photo of the location, I was a little disappointed because this probably means they're not expecting a development there for the foreseeable future.

2 hours ago, bmkTN said:

I don't think this has been posted yet.  The Gateway Germantown project is apparently now being called Gateway 808.  There are a couple of new renderings at this link.  Hopefully this does eventually happen, even though it obviously might not be anytime in the near future.

http://blueheronassetmanagement.com/gateway-nashville/

giphy-downsized.gif

19 hours ago, FrankNash said:

Does anyone know why the Moxy Hotel downtown is not yet complete?

Combine a bunch of good ole boys from Lake Barkley KY and who knows what else, well, it seems to be a disaster. Its a small company and they seem to be in no hurry. I think its the same scenario that the Diner and now the Sullivan's steak house is in. That is a small company with a very small work force doing all the work.

From the start of this project I would check in with various people there and I never saw more that 2 or 3 people working. I think the fact that they are in a much larger city with a lot more regulations than Lake Barkley and you may get the picture. The good ole boy system will not work for them here.

I even asked about MDHA and the guy that was in charge at the time don't even know what that was and said they had all the permits they needed, but I knew better and a year later they went before MDHA, and that was at least two years ago.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

Combine a bunch of good ole boys from Lake Barkley KY and who knows what else, well, it seems to be a disaster. Its a small company and they seem to be in no hurry. I think its the same scenario that the Diner and now the Sullivan's steak house is in. That is a small company with a very small work force doing all the work.

From the start of this project I would check in with various people there and I never saw more that 2 or 3 people working. I think the fact that they are in a much larger city with a lot more regulations than Lake Barkley and you may get the picture. The good ole boy system will not work for them here.

I even asked about MDHA and the guy that was in charge at the time don't even know what that was and said they had all the permits they needed, but I knew better and a year later they went before MDHA, and that was at least two years ago.

Sounds like these guys don't have much "moxy."  (Ba Dum Tisch)

Edited by titanhog
  • Like 1

On 4/6/2017 at 3:06 PM, smeagolsfree said:

Looks like this mural project is moving quickly. Walked by there this evening and both murals are underway -- one of them appears to be pretty far along. Looks like they'll both be very vibrant and should be nice additions to the neighborhood.

• Like 2

The only thing that is kind of a drop of cyanide in my tea in regards to all of these new murals around Nashville, is that a lot of them seem to face vacant lots or parking lots rather than the street, which would mean they'd be covered up if those lots are ever developed, and I don't want to root against development.  

• Like 1