Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

Have we discussed this Rutledge Hill project here or is this a new one?

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20130522/BUSINESS02/305220106

https://maps.google.com/?ll=36.155865,-86.769885&spn=0.001737,0.002642&t=h&z=19&layer=c&cbll=36.155756,-86.769817&panoid=bxdB5yDWbjRUgqnLJ1jmnA&cbp=12,13.19,,0,-9.59

An 8 story apartment building there would be fantastic. This is the type of development that gets me a little giddy...because it's one of those things that will help bridge the Rutledge/Rolling Mill Hill to SoBro.

• Like 1

https://maps.google.com/?ll=36.155865,-86.769885&spn=0.001737,0.002642&t=h&z=19&layer=c&cbll=36.155756,-86.769817&panoid=bxdB5yDWbjRUgqnLJ1jmnA&cbp=12,13.19,,0,-9.59

An 8 story apartment building there would be fantastic. This is the type of development that gets me a little giddy...because it's one of those things that will help bridge the Rutledge/Rolling Mill Hill to SoBro.

90-100 feet in front of Crema will be great. I love it.

Guest 5th & Main Urbanite

The one project that has stalled is the Hilton Garden Inn on Almond Street. I have my doubts about this one. Demolition was over back in February and since then nothing.

Anyone want to take a guess as to how tall the Gulch Crossing building is going to be?

I think it's completely up in the air, since we're anticipating a redesign. Assuming the same general principles (parking garage up to Demonbreun, office building stacked on top)...maybe in the 100 foot range? I don't know. I'm not expecting anything tall.

I think it's completely up in the air, since we're anticipating a redesign. Assuming the same general principles (parking garage up to Demonbreun, office building stacked on top)...maybe in the 100 foot range? I don't know. I'm not expecting anything tall.

Heck, it's probably 30 feet just to get to Demonbreun.  I would imagine the building be taller than 70 feet.

Heck, it's probably 30 feet just to get to Demonbreun.  I would imagine the building be taller than 70 feet.

Could be. The original rendering  shows 5 floors stacked on top of the parking structure (which is level with Demonbreun) which would make it like 6, plus a main support (elevator shaft?) sticking out the top.

Assume it's 30 feet to street level, and assume that each of the 5 office floors are a generous 14 feet. Assume that the Demonbreun entrance is about 10 feet. That would be 110 feet, plus the elevator shaft. It could certainly be a little bit taller after a redesign, but personally I wouldn't expect anything north of 150'. I don't think it will be a skyline impact, but rather just an impressive building at street level. Maybe 3 floors taller than Cummins Station?

Dave and Busters with 15$ cocktails...

If only Steve McNair had waited a few years...

Wow, John is going to have a bowling alley he can walk to. I think maybe he needs to move back to Bellevue. Things are getting too good for him.

Or...Cool Springs. :ph34r:

• Like 1

Wow, John is going to have a bowling alley he can walk to. I think maybe he needs to move back to Bellevue. Things are getting too good for him.

LOL! I gave up bowling a few years ago! Seriously, this building is not large enough for a regulation bowling lane. The building has to be at least 100 feet deep. The approach and lane is 78 feet plus an additional 15-20 feet at the end of the lane for machinery, the ball return etc...

The USBC does not certify these types of "bowling"centers because most of the time they are not actual regulation lanes. This is like a penny arcade bowling lane. Not the real thing, but folks will have fun when they don't know the difference. These so called lanes will be way short of the regulation 78 feet. (63 feet from the foul line to the back of the pin deck and the approach is 15 feet.)

I would be shocked if these lanes are "real"

Being that Swenson is doing the building, it will look like prefab concrete crap. In regards to height, I say 70 feet above the bridge at the most. 5 floors at 12 feet per floor is 60 feet with some type or ornament on top.

Being that Swenson is doing the building, it will look like prefab concrete crap. In regards to height, I say 70 feet above the bridge at the most. 5 floors at 12 feet per floor is 60 feet with some type or ornament on top.

I'll take the over.  The over on number of floors and the over on floor to floor height.  What's our wager?