Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

As much as the new shiny towers in the Gulch make it a fun place, buildings like this are what will make the Gulch more fun. Not everything needs to be a 10-20 story building that is mixed use. There is still plenty of space for towers.

Totally agree with this statement.  I was really thinking 3-4 story building with a couple floors above the restaurant that would be apartments / live-work offices / etc.  Something along the lines of the building that Kayne Prime is in as an example. 

Edited by RonCamp
Spelling error

Do we have any kind of timeline yet for any of the hotels being built on KVB?  Seems like there are multiple properties in various stages and one should be coming to fruition soon?

I would guess Northpoint then if you consider the Holiday Inn 4th/Peabody KVB then it would be next.

Edited by nvestnbna

600 9th Ave getting purchased (close date in 2016, though). Site could turn into anything.

http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/blog/real-estate/2015/09/new-millionaires-buying-gulch-site.html

This could be interesting to say the least, especially being near the new bridge and a view of Stix at night if this is the lot I am thinking of.

Here's what once was the Trail West building 

wtf?    admittedly, the build new exterior/demolish interior plan that was approved by MDHA and Historic Zoning made no sense, but this is just taking a wrecking ball to a building protected by the Broadway Historic District?    How does a demo permit get issued for this?         

Here's what once was the Trail West building 

[snip]

Holy cow. Although...

wtf?    admittedly, the build new exterior/demolish interior plan that was approved by MDHA and Historic Zoning made no sense, but this is just taking a wrecking ball to a building protected by the Broadway Historic District?    How does a demo permit get issued for this?         

...I wouldn't be surprised if it just fell over. :rolleyes:

Seems to me that the issue with the historic crowd is not that a building is historic or not, but rather if what will replace it will be "too tall".  Wish I could take Ms. Evans at her word, but it's well-known that Metro has an abysmal record when it comes to demolishing protected historic structures. And I am speaking as much to the "mistaken" and overnight demolitions as much as anything. I grew up in a city that has been horrible along those lines, but I think the last 5-10 years show that Atlanta has nothing on Nashville.