Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

8 minutes ago, BnaBreaker said:

Skidmore, Owings & Merrill is designing (has designed?) the project, so my expectations are HIGH... if it weren't for Nashville's silly 30 story height restriction in this locations, my expectations would be HIGH in more ways than one, given the fact that SOM is not only responsible for the former world's tallest building, Chicago's Sears (F you Willis!) Tower, but ALSO, Dubai's Burj Khalifa, which is the tallest building on earth by a mile...almost literally. ;)

Just take a look at their portfolio if you aren't familiar with their work.  It is astounding.  This is about as major league as architecture firms get.  

http://www.som.com/projects

They're also responsible for the William Snodgrass Tower (sorry, I had to).

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, BnaBreaker said:

Skidmore, Owings & Merrill is designing (has designed?) the project, so my expectations are HIGH.  They designed the as yet to be built Buckingham  Gulch Apartment Tower.  If it weren't for Nashville's silly 30 story height restriction in this locations, my expectations would be HIGH in more ways than one, given the fact that SOM is not only responsible for the former world's tallest building, Chicago's Sears (F you Willis!) Tower, but ALSO, Dubai's Burj Khalifa, which is the tallest building on earth by a mile...almost literally. ;)

Just take a look at their portfolio if you aren't familiar with their work.  It is astounding.  This is about as major league as architecture firms get.  

http://www.som.com/projects

BTW, just to save you some time...no... the Mainland Tower is not on that page.  I looked.  haha

I am definitely familiar with SOM's work and I am a big fan, so I share your high expectations for this one. I also looked at their website, along with the builder and investor's websites to see if I could find anything, but no signs of it anywhere. I guess the Post has some pretty exclusive info.

• Like 1

There is a rendering floating around out there as some have seen it.

I have seen it. Cool building. Yes... it does look like that logo.

They need a major tenant to kick off the project.

Is the logo a likeness of a rectangular building at an angle, or straight on?  

It is an "L" shaped building with an offset core to one corner. The entire arrangement makes it a square in plan.

From Nashville Post:

Full-scale work is underway on phase one of Sky at Fern, a 31-unit townhome project to overlook downtown Nashville at the intersection of Fern Avenue and Brick Church Pike.

Brentwood-based Eight-Nine King Development LLC has landed 15 permits related to the residential project. The permits have a collective value of $2.6 million.

Mt. Juliet-based Robinson Construction Group is serving as the general contractor.

Tyler King is founder and president of Eight-Nine King Development

According to The Tennessean, The townhomes will range in size from 1,100 to 1,500 square feet. Prices are expected to start in the high $200,000s and could top out in the $400,000s.

Screen Shot 2017-06-18 at 8.55.53 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-06-18 at 8.58.16 AM.png

Sky at Fern townhomes, May 29, 2017.jpg

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, NoChesterHester said:

People don't burn their sources... or they cease to be sources.

There are things I know that I cant share. The fact is if you do share and it is traced back to you, you are on a blacklist with that person. A lot of the things I know come from a certain person in the media that will not post a story until confirmed and it is alright with the developing entity. Many things are off the record and told in strictest confidence. 

Many times there are projects that can cease to happen if the media or others get their hands on it. There are some on the media that want the story regardless of the consequences. 

There are some things that are just rumors or talk that has no legs or are a pipe dream. There are a lot of those out there.

• Like 4