Political Digression Thread -- Save UP! Move the politically focused stuff here

46 minutes ago, Larry Singer said:

Based on your posts, I am going to call it "wokewashed".  I hereby surrender and award you Biden, Harris, Clinton and all the other fine Americans you deserve. Continue labeling everyone that disagrees with you as "racists," "white supremacists," or "facists." It is a easy way to feel that you are smart when actually blind. 

Don't be such a snowflake, man up and defend your opinions with substance. If the correct term is not "racist" then  what would you call your opinion that black people are not qualified to sit on juries? How does this view dovetail with your call for "structure"? Looks like fascism to me, but feel free to correct me.

Edited by kermit
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

42 minutes ago, kermit said:

Don't be such a snowflake, man up and defend your opinions with substance. If the correct term is not "racist" then  what would you call your opinion that black people are not qualified to sit on juries? How does this view dovetail with your call for "structure"? Looks like fascism to me, but feel free to correct me.

Manup? Hey, you're the one on the "not a man" side.  One request. Show us where I mentioned "black people are not qualified to sit on juries."  Constructive comments are fine, making up crap as part of a woke attack is cowardly. Yes, thankfully, I think differently from you.  That makes me the better person, not a "racist." My final suggestion is to, get a dicionary and look up "structure." The definition is as follows; "Highly organized" or "something organized."  Don't forget to show us that quote of mine. Thank you very much. 

1 hour ago, kermit said:

Based on your posts here I am gonna call it fascism.

I would use autocracy or monarchy (King or Emperor). 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kermit said:

from this exchange:

1) You said donald can't get a fair trial in Atlanta.

2) I asked why.

3) You responded that  "The reason is what you think I am thinking. "

4) I said that I was thinking "you believe that non-white people should not serve on juries (or as officers of the court either I imagine)" [based on your earlier remark: "Because it is Atlanta and I know Atlanta." ]

5) You made three posts in this thread since I typed that, so you had plenty of opportunity to refute my interpretation of your remarks. You chose not to, which makes it look like you agreed with my understanding of your beliefs.

Where did I make anything up? 

I am not here to police your beliefs, you do you (no matter how repugnant that might be). But I am here to call out idiocy in communities I am a part of.  Since you have been so open with your racism here, you no longer deserve the benefit of my doubt when you post something questionable on UP. When you post something that might be racist, I am gonna highlight it as such.

I referred to the fairness of Nazis to the fairness of those legally involved in the Trump situation in Georgia being on the same level in regard to unfairness. You attached the colors. That is the problem with lefties.  You have to pull the race card. You would be an idiot to not believe that Trump will be dealing with all democrat and left leaning opposition in Georgia and it has been planned that way.  They are out to screw him. You didn't show me what I asked for concerning "non-white" people serving on juries. Why not?  

Just now, Larry Singer said:

And I don't see the term "non-white."  Do you?🙃🤣

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Larry Singer said:

I don't understand what you are asking here, but if you are just playing semantic games with the words black and non-white then I am rolling my eyes and moving on.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Larry Singer said:

Is or isn’t that what you implied? 

You have certain views of black people. There’s no need to tip-toe and play word games. I don’t think anyone will be shocked so it’s not like anyone’s going to clutch their pearls. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, AirNostrumMAD said:

Is or isn’t that what you implied? 

You have certain views of black people. There’s no need to tip-toe and play word games. I don’t think anyone will be shocked so it’s not like anyone’s going to clutch their pearls. 

If one isn't a liberal or speak liberal on this message board, they are banned. So, in many cases for others, tip-toeing is a necessity.  In my case, the not-so-smart liberal has made my statement about Trump hating, liberal, left-wing democrats as a direct hit on blacks. That is just a liberal game. I don't give a crap about color, just behavior. These days, I probably like white Americans less than blacks. White liberals simply use blacks for their political agenda and unfortunately it is works.  Some day they will catch on I hope. Also, as I said, I am not a Trumpy, just someone that hates seeing anyone treated in a unjustly which is the status quo today.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

14 hours ago, kermit said:

I don't understand what you are asking here, but if you are just playing semantic games with the words black and non-white then I am rolling my eyes and moving on.

So plain English isn't your thing?  "Non white" means "not white."  In the future, you may want to try googling the term. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gman430 said:

So we’re not allowed to have a political opinion on this thread unless it supports the liberal mentality? Well in that case…

Here comes another Covid strain. Can’t wait to watch the Biden sheep mask up again. I once again will not be a part of that silly herd game. Hope you all are liking those high gas prices, high grocery prices, high inflation, high interest rates, etc. You voted for it. And no I am not buying an electric car. Gas and that V6 turbo powered engine all day baby. Can’t forget about liberal New York City with all of those illegal immigrants looking for a free ride and liberal San Francisco with all of the store closings and crime also. 

IMG_7593.jpeg

Not quite sure if this is sarcasm or the real deal. If real, I'm sorry you're this way.

• Like 4

On 8/19/2023 at 9:52 AM, kermit said:

Were you banned? (was banning even mentioned before you brought it up?)

All I did was ask you questions about your perspective. Why do you feel persecuted for that?

The worst thing you were threatened with was being labeled an idiot by an anonymous poster on a regional message board. If that hurt your feelings so much you needed to leave then you really are a snowflake.

1. Yes, I have been banned in the past for disagreeing with liberal issues.  2. Saying that I will stop posting isn't because of you. I have stopped posting before, but being a weak man (just kidding) I came back. 

I feel that, like many forms of communication on this board, are dominated by the left.  I think "persecuted" is not a word I would use to describe. I would say, "discriminated against."

Being called an "idiot" doesn't affect me. I would gladly challenge to debate  any topic intellectually.

I've taught behaviorally challenged students in inner-city. I have been called lots worse names than "idiot" and I was their favorite teacher. I know that I am not a "snowflake." I'm the guy that possibly overuses that term myself. 

I was actually banned years ago for criticizing Cam Newton. I spoke of his inability to throw an accurate long pass and other things I saw that others wish to admit. Somehow, that made me a racist and eventual banning.

I find that if you go against the grain on this message board, you won't be around very long.  However, it seems to have improved over the last year or so. 

Final note, I think you're probably a pretty decent guy.  I am at the stage that I want to avoid unfriendly confrontations. Problem is, I can't keep my big mouth shut, and that is a problem.  Take care. 

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, AirNostrumMAD said:

South Carolina is one of the most dangerous states. 

South Carolina is one of the poorest.

South Carolina is among the least educated .

South Carolina is one of the most obese. 

& your cities and state capital are dangerous.

Greenville is more dangerous than NY. So is Columbia. Charleston is around the same. 

I could go on & on & on about South Carolina. Maybe you should worry about all those fat poor & dumb South Carolinians in those dangerous cities. Yes.  If that sounds harsh, you talk the same way about other areas. So… it’s not very nice, is it? 

What would you consider the key factor? We could do like Northern Ireland and put a large fence between the safe and unsafe parts of dangerous cities. We could use the wall materials that are wasting away. Finally, the problem seems to not be with "poor" or "fat" South Carolinians. When I watch the news, they all seem skinny, with masks and guns. They aren't deprived.    They are just lazy and stupid.   They know that getting slapped on the wrist is a nice exchange for robbing a 7/11 or jewelry store. You want to stop obesity in S.C.? You should close down Ryan's buffets. Personally, I feel that South Carolina is one of the top greatest states in the U.S. Screw that fat, lazy, dangerous thugs for which you elude, everything else is great. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

23 hours ago, davidclt said:

No one is asking/telling/forcing you to buy an electric car. Keep taking carbon out of the ground and pumping it into the air. It's not a winning strategy for the long-term but no one is going to prevent you from making the choice you make on how you power your automobile.

I believe that gas powered cars are to be banned after 10 years or thereabouts. So, we will be forced to drive electric cars unless we have steam cars by then. I used to have a little boat from my cereal box I played with in my bathtub that ran off of baking soda, You will thank me later for this information. 

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Larry Singer said:

I believe that gas powered cars are to be banned after 10 years or thereabouts. So, we will be forced to drive electric cars unless we have steam cars by then. I used to have a little boat from my cereal box I played with in my bathtub that ran off of baking soda, You will thank me later for this information. 

If only.    My livelihood has been in automotive all my life.  Big Oil has way too much influence. What might happen is the public decides electric is the way to go despite their influence.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1