Colonial Pedestrian Overpass and OUT Extension [Under Construction]

dcluley98

23 hours ago, smileguy said:

A couple of weeks old... 

IMG_2358.JPG

IMG_2357.JPG

Even though the lighting is true to the renderings, I don't like how the lighting on the exterior arch doesn't reach the top while the interior arch lighting continues all the way to the top... looks a little unfinished.

• Like 1

On 3/11/2019 at 11:03 AM, nite owℓ said:

Even though the lighting is true to the renderings, I don't like how the lighting on the exterior arch doesn't reach the top while the interior arch lighting continues all the way to the top... looks a little unfinished.

I kind of agree. The lighting looks cool at night, but if they don't do that outside section to the tip of the arch, it looks flawed to me as well. 

Want to see the finished product with the suspension cables and final lighting first though. I think they are putting the suspension cables up this weekend. 

On 3/14/2019 at 9:30 PM, dcluley98 said:

I kind of agree. The lighting looks cool at night, but if they don't do that outside section to the tip of the arch, it looks flawed to me as well. 

Want to see the finished product with the suspension cables and final lighting first though. I think they are putting the suspension cables up this weekend. 

On 4/27/2017 at 5:14 PM, dcluley98 said:

Colonial Overpass Rendering 1.png

I think the lighting design was intentional...

15 hours ago, jgardnerucf said:

Disapointed

I guess they could always tack on an led lighting strip from home depot for $60 in the future.

IIRC, we didn't really have many overpass design options to choose from. The only other proposal we got was a bit uninspired, but lit up like Las Vegas. According to the Sentinel, that bid actually came in higher because the city originally required things like Orlando signage and additional lighting.

colonial-overpass-with-sign-night-jpg-20160504.jpg.584b347aa2d4fbf97c8d72d9814bc9f3.jpg

5 hours ago, nite owℓ said:

I guess they could always tack on an led lighting strip from home depot for $60 in the future.

IIRC, we didn't really have many overpass design options to choose from. The only other proposal we got was a bit uninspired, but lit up like Las Vegas. According to the Sentinel, that bid actually came in higher because the city originally required things like Orlando signage and additional lighting.

colonial-overpass-with-sign-night-jpg-20160504.jpg.584b347aa2d4fbf97c8d72d9814bc9f3.jpg

I like this design better, even if it resembles the I-4 Conroy bridge. The current design being built is, dare I say, ugly. Boring too. But something is better than nothing so I’ll stop complaining.

• Like 1

The cables appear to be in the photo.  That said.  I'll be probably biking to work tomorrow, so it'll provide a safe refuge for me on my way home.  A coworker of mine said she used it on her walk to work from Sunrail this morning in the dark and she said its very nice, but she needs to get used to walking uphill.:tw_relaxed:

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, dcluley98 said:

They put the cables up overnight this weekend. The bridge and path are complete. They still need to do landscaping. 

I was just gonna say, my friend posted a pic from yesterday on the bridge, said there was no cones or anything blocking entry to it, so they used it on their walk.

• Like 1

Wasn't there discussion about it being on the east side of the tracks at Jefferson, then following State Ln at Robinson, being that the trail jumps to the east between Livingston and Amelia?

Re Landscaping: My coworker assumed they didn't put landscaping because of the I-4 project, and to keep the homeless from hiding in it.

Edited by codypet
  • Like 1

On 3/17/2019 at 8:42 AM, Uncommon said:

I like this design better, even if it resembles the I-4 Conroy bridge. The current design being built is, dare I say, ugly. Boring too. But something is better than nothing so I’ll stop complaining.

I like that design better too. Cleaner and simpler. I wouldn't call the one we got "ugly", but I don't particularly like the curved tower.  Oh well. It's there.

5 hours ago, JFW657 said:

I like that design better too. Cleaner and simpler. I wouldn't call the one we got "ugly", but I don't particularly like the curved tower.  Oh well. It's there.

It would have been consistent with I-4 too since they're trying to match the Conroy bridge.   That said I think with the weather calling for rain, I'll hold off on biking tomorrow.