Soccer in Nashville

Nashtitans

22 hours ago, nashvylle said:

Without full CBA signed, no. Im praying for a full CBA and some sort of payment to metro towards 10 acres.  Any $ to metro fund will be hard to turn down. 

Still a lot can happen in two days. 

This is what I'm worried about now as I noted a few days ago. From what I've seen the soccer / developers have already pledged A LOT. More than any other development ever in Nashville. The Stand Up Nashville folks seem to be asking for a lot of construction demands right now which knowing this market may be impossible to deliver on. At a certain point they need to appreciate what they've accomplished with this CBA and move forward in agreement, or they can keep pushing and risk killing the deal if their demands are unachievable and the developers simply can't agree. 

• Like 2

I sent the last flyer that @Predsboy18 posted to all the council members, here is how Mike Freeman responded:

Eric,
  Thanks for sharing that flyer.  I haven't received anything like that yet.  Perhaps they scrubbed Council members from the mailing list. 

Mike Freeman
16th District
Newsletter

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, DDIG said:

YESSSSSSS, smart smart move.

3 minutes ago, DDIG said:

Was that photo taken with a old Razr phone?

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, e-dub said:

Isn't this the same crew that has mentioned they'd like 300+ acres to conduct the fair on? Those people are weird.

Yes. The funny coincidence is WSMV is the one that reported the 300 acres. 

http://m.wmcactionnews5.com/story/35784434/state-fair-may-leave-nashville-fairgrounds-after-100-years

There's also this from April:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.tennessean.com/amp/495185002

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

Probably just one decenter on the Fair Board. Nancy, needs to retire. She is just so last century.

Agreed, but lawsuits won't surprise me. These folks won't give up until the day the stadium is open. They'll do everything possible to sabotage. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, DMilner said:

Yes. The funny coincidence is WSMV is the one that reported the 300 acres. 

http://m.wmcactionnews5.com/story/35784434/state-fair-may-leave-nashville-fairgrounds-after-100-years

There's also this from April:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.tennessean.com/amp/495185002

Oh, that's just delicious :tw_lol:

“SP amendment is filed with affordable housing in. I'm told Vercher is good, but wouldn't hurt for constituents to email her

From CM Sledge on Facebook. 

From the fine Nashville Roadies. 

“I've updated this count from Slack. Based on Colby's comments so far and the last two votes, here's where we are...

YES (26) - Shulman, Hastings, Haywood, Davis, Withers, Davis, VanReece, Pridemore, Rhoten, Syracuse, Colby, Allen, O'Connell, Roberts, Kindall, Murphy, Pulley, Elrod, Bedne, Weiner, Potts, Lee, Blalock, Gilmore, Vercher, Hurt

NO (8) - Cooper, Glover, Henderson, Hall, Freeman, Pardue, Hagar, Dowell

DON'T KNOW (5): Mendes, Johnson, Swope, Rosenberg, Huezo”

EDIT: Hurt is a yes. 

Edited by PaulChinetti
Addition
  • Like 1

I went to a geek con in Atlanta over the weekend and there was a massive group of Atlanta United fans dressed up and chanting going from hotel to hotel.  I talked with a few of them and they are excited for us to get a team.  I get the feeling they are kind of the "Predators of soccer" with their incredible fan base.  None of them were aware of the troubles we are currently having but are looking forward to our rivalry.   (Apparently Orlando is their big rivalry at the moment)    

Question... assuming we get all the votes needed, could another law suit slow/stop things?  At what point can we breathe and say "we finally have our team"?   When my butt is in the seat for the first game?

• Like 3

31657_533328363860_33900720_31531130_236Joey Garrison @joeygarrison
FollowingFollowing @joeygarrison
More

NEW: Save our Fairgrounds is holding a news conference at 4 p.m. to discuss a new lawsuit it's filing against Metro over the city's MLS stadium plans. The group lost a lawsuit earlier this year, but the new one will be focused on Metro surpassing 10 acres for private development.

3:23 PM - 4 Sep 2018

They must be nervous. 

Edited by DMilner

Looks like no referendum on the $50 million if I was watching correctly. 

It was from committee sorry  

https://www.nashville.gov/Information-Technology-Services/Cable-Television-Services/Metro-Nashville-Network/Live-Streaming.aspx

Edited by PaulChinetti
Edit
  • Like 1