Soccer in Nashville

Nashtitans

19 minutes ago, titanhog said:

I would figure that if there was land available within the downtown loop, he'd jump on it.  But...I imagine the fairgrounds location is about the closest he can get to downtown...which puts him in a tough spot.

Ingress/Egress would be a nightmare but River North would’ve been a decent option. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, rolly said:

Tweets will save the day!  Whoops, I meant lawsuits. 

Ha right. Cooper always thinks he's the smartest person in the room. Those people signing the petition just don't have the depth to understand his genius. He'll never be phased by this kind of thing - although I applaud doing it as I hope it continues to raise overall awareness of what a maniac Cooper is.

• Like 1

News 2 has a poll asking if you support Mayor Cooper’s handling of the Soccer Stadium. 

https://www.wkrn.com/what-to-watch/watch-news-2-live/?fbclid=IwAR0NSywhXSKPZS3HoU8ypg8_P_dngCvkNWDtUgoKhyYZhB7Jq3EStPWde_E

Edit: This is interesting if true

999D8696-E012-4C15-8034-8913397F67DD.thumb.jpeg.20b5d15767d1cbb1f7f4f5c1084ff034.jpeg

I propose use use #notaxfortrack to oppose the deal with SMI at the racetrack. 

Edited by downtownresident
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Court filing: Nashville could lose its soccer team if it doesn't hit this construction deadline.Filings submitted Friday by Nashville SC officials revealed the team must begin stadium construction by March 31, or league officials could pull the team from Nashville. The previously undisclosed deadline was included in Nashville SC's motion to intervene in pending litigation filed by the group Save Our Fairgrounds that seeks to block the stadium's construction. That lawsuit is now slated to go to trial.

More at NBJ here:

ttps://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2020/02/10/court-filing-nashville-could-lose-its-soccer-team.html?iana=hpmvp_nsh_news_headline

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, TheRaglander said:

I can't imagine this would look for us if/when World Cup comes to the US.

I believe World Cup is selecting their cities in March, and I don't see an agreement made before March 31st...

Hopefully FIFA sees the location of Nissan and Broadway as a tourist hot spot and they focus on that as opposed to other cities with stadiums far out in the burbs. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, nashvylle said:

I believe World Cup is selecting their cities in March, and I don't see an agreement made before March 31st...

Hopefully FIFA sees the location of Nissan and Broadway as a tourist hot spot and they focus on that as opposed to other cities with stadiums far out in the burbs. 

You think Mayor No Deal is going to allow FIFA to come in and disrupt our fair city? 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, nashvylle said:

NashvilleSC acquires Walker Zimmerman in trade with LAFC.
https://theathletic.com/1599586/2020/02/11/walker-zimmerman-trade-lafc-nashville-sc/

I'm still learning the sport, but this trade is getting tons and tons of praise from fans and the media. This is the type of thing I expected when learning of the Ayres hiring, just awesome work.

Now we just need to make sure he has a home to play in. 

• Like 1