The Joseph Hotel, 21 stories, 232 ft., 297 rooms, 380-space garage, $140 million

markhollin

Very Nice!!! It would be nice if the Arcade had a North/South Axis crisscrossing its East/West axis and you could make it into an international version of the Public Market concept at 5th and Broadway.......it would make the Arcade into an 16 to 18 hour destination.

As far as the Maxwell House goes the Millennium folks need to see this brand as a potential gold mine and do something while the doins' good!

On 7/27/2019 at 9:50 AM, MLBrumby said:

Nice detailing on that building. I appreciate that Mr. Giarratana wants to build taller, but I can't help feeling he's trying to build luxury on the cheap. 

This was a art deco building I found online to get an idea of what could be built in the area. I love glass but love art deco with the tops of the buildings lit up I think they have a timeless beauty about the look

Edited by chris holman
  • Like 2

50 minutes ago, NashWellington11 said:

Why why why why WHY would the city allow this block to be planned with the alley intersecting with KVB? A solid street wall like what The Joseph has with the Holiday Inn should be what is along KVB if they are going to make it the major thoroughfare they envision it to be.

~Rant over.~

Metro does some of the strangest stuff on the planet. I think we all have been asking ourselves the same questions over and over for a long time now. There are too many hands n the cookie jar and too many people changing the cookies out. MDHA, Planning, DTC, The past Planning chiefs, The past MDHA committees, etc, etc.

One thing I have to say if Cooper wins is that he is for eliminating MDHA and TIF according to William who read his website. I will not shed a tear to see MDHA go away. We really do not need TIF at this point in the game either anywhere in Nashville as these developers have plenty of money to get these projects done without Metro giving them help.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

One thing I have to say if Cooper wins is that he is for eliminating MDHA and TIF according to William who read his website. I will not shed a tear to see MDHA go away. We really do not need TIF at this point in the game either anywhere in Nashville as these developers have plenty of money to get these projects done without Metro giving them help.

So...this is your official endorsement of Cooper for Mayor? :D

7 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

Metro does some of the strangest stuff on the planet. I think we all have been asking ourselves the same questions over and over for a long time now. There are too many hands n the cookie jar and too many people changing the cookies out. MDHA, Planning, DTC, The past Planning chiefs, The past MDHA committees, etc, etc.

Cooper cannot eliminate MDHA, regardless of what his website says. However, TIF, which MDHA manages per state legislation,  will probably see some changes.

On 8/5/2019 at 9:27 PM, WebberThomas4 said:

Cooper cannot eliminate MDHA, regardless of what his website says. However, TIF, which MDHA manages per state legislation,  will probably see some changes.

Just the development arm of MDHA. Housing would stay the same, but their authority over all of the redevelopment districts would end.

Question,  with the Holiday Inn being only 15 or 16 floors I believe, why is the The Joseph Hotel only going to appear about a one and half stories taller at 21 floors.   I don't see that much elevation change and can't believe the  floors could be that much shorter.

What am I missing?  I may be way off on the number of floors at the Holiday Inn.

The floors are different heights. Holiday Inn is 15+ mechanical and a tall cupola at the corner (rising to a level of a 17th floor). The Joseph is currently up to ongoing construction on the 19th floor. The 18th floor of Joseph is a little below the cupola of the HI. But Joseph will get 3 more occupied floors and a mechanical screen above that. 

• Thanks 3

^^I really wish at least one of those hotels in that cluster would have been significantly taller than the other.  When you combine these 3 hotel structures with the Omni across the street...it all kinda blends together as one large "lump" of building.  Not saying that's a bad thing...just hard to differentiate each building from a distance.

• Like 2

On 8/14/2019 at 7:54 PM, titanhog said:

^^I really wish at least one of those hotels in that cluster would have been significantly taller than the other.  When you combine these 3 hotel structures with the Omni across the street...it all kinda blends together as one large "lump" of building.  Not saying that's a bad thing...just hard to differentiate each building from a distance.

A high rise on the opposite corner of 5th Avenue should help to balance things out.

• Like 1

Looks like they may have some glazing issues with a few of their windows. Two of the more recently installed ones look noticeably different from the rest. I checked them from different angles at different times of day to make sure I wasn't going crazy. They look off no matter how or when you look at them.

Since this is such a well designed building for a luxury hotel brand, I assume they will catch it (if they haven't already) and fix it. If it were any of the other generic infill hotels on this block I wouldn't have the same confidence. 

617838901_TheJoseph8-20-2019Windows2.JPG.555deaa230493c646a75d36daabb7151.JPG.

1833122829_TheJoseph8-20-2019Windows.thumb.JPG.39da1884287c031109c4c6f02c7d64cb.JPG

1555331725_TheJoseph8-20-2019.thumb.JPG.97b21d1d0068ccdada6a4415dfe6a255.JPG

• Like 1