Orlando City Place

Jaybee

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The residential section of the City Place complex would be made up of a 46-story, 600-unit tower that would be flanked by two, 35-story buildings.

The March MPB Agenda states that the City Place proposal would consist of the existing 14-story hotel, one 45-story residential building, two 38-story residential buildings, one 14-story office building, and one 7-story office, retail, and spa building.

• 4 weeks later...

^ Wow. It looks like the city wants to force this one through to get built. It seems to be getting lots of special treatment.

probably because its the first major development on the West side of I-4.

it's no big deal or anything, but i saw that cityplace asks if one of your referrals is from the ny times, wall street journal or usa today on its website. is it common for developers to introduce projects/test marketability through these papers?

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone have a picture of the work on the Lexington? It looks a ton better then the old Holiday Inn look.

I'll try this afternoon. I drove by yesterday and it's mostly done, only about a 1/4 of the facade still have scaffolding up.

I was told by a good friend that this development is struggling to sell. Odds are it won't happen as planned...if at all.

I think a lot of the problem is what's around it. Seriously, drive past it at night. Not too appealing. If they would level the buildings around it, then maybe it would reduce the riff raff at it's base and sell better. Other than that, it looks a hell of a lot better. I would love to see the project come to full fruition.

Archived