Orlando City Place

Jaybee

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. With the exception of The Vue, Orlando has yet to see a big project actually get built yet without incentives.

2. TTT has bigger problems than just being late. All of which are perfect examples of why this City Place project won't get built.

3. PBL&T was conceived and ultimately designed around a major tenant taking a portion of each phase. If any one of these pieces drop out of the picture the whole job is dead in the water.

Don't get me wrong, I love the concept. As I have said in other posts, if it was located anywhere other than where it is I think the odds of it getting built double. You can choose to be skeptical about demand or not, but the reality is most of these projects (Orlando and otherwise) don't get built. Not because they are not great projects but because there are too many things working against it at this point.

1. Correct, and i am simply saying that if they ask for incentives, based on recent history, they will get them.

2. If you mean rising construction costs, then I take your point. If you me4an myriad regulations and hoops to jump through, then Cityplace has got it easy.

3. So if they do land an anchor, you'll amend your appraisal ?

4. ?

And regarding demand, sure, most don't get built. So it's hard to see what we're arguing about. Wait a minute, this appears to be an a-historic cycle, so maybe we need to re-examine the conventional wisdom. That's all I'm saying.

1. I guess this is where we disagree. I just dont see them getting any incentives.

2. Construction costs are the major thing i'm talking about. You could build a barn over there right now and the city would allow it, (Assuming of course you put a visor on it).

3. Partially. It's going to take a BIG tenant though.

4 ? Im not sure.

All in all we typically agree, and I believe we pretty much do now. I just get very skeptical when it comes to mega projects like this. I do like it though.

this thing looks like the courthouse on crack, but I actually like it more now than before when it was all blue glass.

other developers' opinions are always biased against projects they aren't affiliated with- b/c those projects are taking $$ out of their pocket- potentially. I had a similar experience with a realtor of a local project talking down a competing project. he ended up being wrong.

I like it a lot better now. Before it looked so bizarre like the Jetsons meet a hotel remodel. Now it has more of a modern-but-classic look that won't seem ridiculous in 15 years. And the fact that the buildings somewhat go together now -- rather than walls of blue glass surrounding a random classicly styled condotel -- is much more appealing.

But yeah, definitely lose the visors.

I like it a lot better now. Before it looked so bizarre like the Jetsons meet a hotel remodel. Now it has more of a modern-but-classic look that won't seem ridiculous in 15 years. And the fact that the buildings somewhat go together now -- rather than walls of blue glass surrounding a random classicly styled condotel -- is much more appealing.

But yeah, definitely lose the visors.

Yeah, somewhat go together. It's an improvement for sure over the last rendering, but still not perfect. Not that I'm taking this project too seriously to begin with.

If this does actually happen though, I see this as serving to seperate Parramore from the CBD even more, serving as almost a wall to hide Parramore behind. I guess it ultimately depends on how this thing opens up on the street level and the degree to which you'll be able to get through the base of the building/garage from one side to the other. From these renderings though, I get the impression of a distinct front and a distinct back. Ideally, this development would have a 'front' on every side.

Maybe the reasoning behind all the speculation and doubts about this project is because it's almost too good to be true??? After all, this would be the largest project in downtown Orl history...personally, I'm one of the skeptics, but I'll gladly stand corrected if this project is approved and constructed.

Archived