Orlando City Place

Jaybee

45 floors, so thats at least 450 feet, correct?

Pretty much.

SunTrust is 441 feet tall and 32 stories, yielding an average floor height of 13.78 feet.

Bank of America is 409 feet tall and 28 stories, yielding an average floor height of 14.6 feet.

Amsouth is 292 feet tall and 21 stories, yielding an average floor height of 13.9 feet.

Plaza South Tower is 289 feet tall and 21 stories, yielding an average floor height of 13.76 feet.

The mean floor heights of these four buildings gives us an average office floor height of about 14.01 feet. A 45-story building using the same height-to-floor count ratio would be about 630 feet tall. Using the Plaza South Tower ratio of 13.76, the building would be about 619 feet tall, whereas the Bank of America's 14.6 ratio would bring it up to 657 feet.

Then there are the shorter residential ceiling heights...

The Vue will be 426 feet tall and 35 stories, yielding a ratio of 12.17.

Solaire will be 330 feet tall and 30 stories, yielding a ratio of 11.17.

Tradition Towers will be 415 feet tall and 37 stories, yielding a ratio of 11.22.

The Ivanhoe towers will be 420 feet tall and 37 stories, yielding a ratio of 11.35.

The mean floor heights of these four residential buildings is 11.48 feet. A 45-story building with that kind of floor spacing would be 516 feet tall.

Chances are that these 45-story buildings will be mixed-use, so let's just assume that half of the floors will be office and half will be residential. With the ratio now at 12.75, a mixed-use 45-story tower might be about 573 feet tall.

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

At this point I'm not going to get too excited. First of all it's kind out out of context for it's surroundings. Am I the only one who thinks this looks like a Vegas mega-project? That main building is too damn wide.

The other thing I think that keeps me reserved about this is the suspicion that this has a snowball's chance in hell of ever materializing.

And by the way UPSDAN, that's blasphemy offering to trade Tradition Towers for this!

At this point I'm not going to get too excited. First of all it's kind out out of context for it's surroundings. Am I the only one who thinks this looks like a Vegas mega-project? That main building is too damn wide.

The other thing I think that keeps me reserved about this is the suspicion that this has a snowball's chance in hell of ever materializing.

And by the way UPSDAN, that's blasphemy offering to trade Tradition Towers for this!

Your right I was getting a little too excited...Hopefully this is more then just a pipe dream rendering....I just see this along with a new arena as a real jump start to that side of I-4. Imagine the view of driving down I-4 with this on the one side and PBLT, Presidential, etc...on the other....Oh wait you don't have to imagine just look at BIC's 3D renderings.....

Holy crap! For those of you dissapointed in 400 North Orange. Chew on this....

Orlandocityplace2-474x301.jpg

Orlandocityplace4.JPG

By the looks of the first picture... if anyone that has money down on the building that is currently in place sees this rendering, they might just back out, because their view will be completely blocked (except for a little view of I-4). No view of Lake Ivanhoe, which would at least be worth buying.

This is supposed to help the Parramore section of town. According to pic 2, that is the side that is completely walled off. Perhaps they could put in an archway in the middle and people could use any of those buildings and get right over to the proposed Digital Village and the O-rena.

Good grief are they going to put an indoor football stadium on the bottom floors??!! It's almost too big...almost. It looks like it will meet the height restrictions though, it doesn't look taller than SunTrust, so far as I can tell. But projects like this, along with CityMark and Ballari in Orange County, it kind of makes me feel like it's too good to be true for Orlando. I'm afraid to invest myself emotionally right now. I'll be happy if they just make that eyesore of an old Holiday Inn go away. And yes I'll keep my Tradition Towers thank you! :)

Archived