Surrounding Counties - Cheatham, Dickson, Montgomery, Rutherford, Sumner, Wilson, Williamson, Maury, etc.

Rural King

https://fox17.com/amp/news/local/usta-looking-to-invest-millions-of-dollars-in-middle-tennessee-spring-hill-crossings-williamson-county-southstar-tennis-court-complex-mixed-use-development-preservation

SouthStar, the developer behind most of the recent Cool Springs development along Carothers Parkway and McEwen, is working with the United States Tennis Association on a mixed use development in Spring Hill adjacent to the existing Crossings retail development.

This would host the southeastern Regional Headquarters for the USTA and have the potential to host regional and national championships. This will also include a 120,000 SF fitness center and some residential/retail/office development.

This development will be located on the Maury side of Spring Hill. 

Edited by MagicPotato
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone heard any news on the possible Buccees on Joe B Jackson or the massive sports facility on Broad in Murfreesboro? Or the Sazerac distillery for that matter. It seems like Murfreesboro has these big things pop up, only to disappear (except for that damn Trash Mountain). 

• Like 2

On 9/7/2022 at 7:40 PM, satalac said:

Has anyone heard any news on the possible Buccees on Joe B Jackson or the massive sports facility on Broad in Murfreesboro? Or the Sazerac distillery for that matter. It seems like Murfreesboro has these big things pop up, only to disappear (except for that damn Trash Mountain). 

I’ve been waiting for the Sazarac distillery for a long time.  Not holding my breath on that one.

Regarding Buc-ee’s…. After seeing the madness at the interstate exit and general area around the Crossville location it’s not going to bother me at all if they decide to cancel that project.

22 hours ago, tragenvol said:

I am out of kolaches, stopping by Buc-ees Tuesday for sure.  Kolaches are available in Lebanon at both local donut shops and several places in Middle Tennessee; however, they're nonexistent in Cookeville.

Being 1/2 Czech and loving my heritage and kolaches, great to know tragenvol about Buc-ees and Lebanon. Not any Czech/German food or pastries that I know of in the Spring Hill/Columbia area. Tried some kolaches at Yeast Nashville but imo not traditional as very doughy.  Whenever I’m in Omaha I buy dozens, individually ziplock them and bring home to freeze.  Where are the several places  you mentioned in TN? Think someone here said Buc-ees is coming to the Boro. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Nashusker said:

Being 1/2 Czech and loving my heritage and kolaches, great to know tragenvol about Buc-ees and Lebanon. Not any Czech/German food or pastries that I know of in the Spring Hill/Columbia area. Tried some kolaches at Yeast Nashville but imo not traditional as very doughy.  Whenever I’m in Omaha I buy dozens, individually ziplock them and bring home to freeze.  Where are the several places  you mentioned in TN? Think someone here said Buc-ees is coming to the Boro. 

Buc-ee's are the Texas version...a bit doughy, but like you, I grab a bunch and take them home to freeze.  Shipley Do-Nuts on Lebanon Rd and Fox's Donut Den on Hillsboro Pike in Nashville along with Best Donuts in Gallatin.  Off topic, but speaking of Czech goodness, I recently scored some Czechvar from Total Wine in Brentwood....so good, next time I should wash down a kolache with a Czechvar!

Rutherford County: Interview with JW Roth on why he chose Murfreesboro as the location of his $40 millionNotes Live entertainment campus (4,500 seat amphitheater, indoor music hall, restaurants) at Medical Center Pkwy.  and Gateway Blvd. He hopes to break ground in January of 2023. 

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2022/05/19/sunset-amphitheater-murfreesboro.html

• Like 2

Maury County: Spring Hill has approved Pentagon Holdings'  4 story, 237 unit, 33,000 sq. ft. retail/office space development on 18 acres at Derryberry Lane and Port Royal Rd. Groundbreaking for the $90 million project will be early in 2023. Tuck Hinton is the architect.

More at NBJ here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2022/09/14/spring-hill-development-gets-the-citys-go-ahead.html

Screen Shot 2022-09-14 at 11.41.27 AM.png

• Like 3

Montgomery County: Clarksville will see The Youth Academy (1 story, 800 child capacity) near many of the county's largest employers at exit 8 off of I-24 near International Blvd. in south Industrial Park.  The first phase of the $12 million facility should be open by spring of 2024.

More at NBJ here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2022/09/20/youth-academy-clarksville-child-care.html

Screen Shot 2022-09-20 at 3.37.29 PM.png

• Like 1

Sumner County: Gallatin's Meta Data Center (1 million sq. ft. on 900 acres, costing $800 million) will now have an additional two structures, with another 2 million sq. ft. and $200 million in building costs. 

More at The Tennessean here:

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/local/sumner/2022/09/21/gallatin-data-center-expansion-continues-total-investment-reaches-nearly-1-billion/69503245007/

Screen Shot 2022-09-21 at 5.40.41 AM.png

• Like 3

Wilson County: Mount Juliet will see two large new developments:

1) Golden Bear Place North (596 homes of multi-family and senior living variety, as well as about 40% of the space committed to commercial, retail, restaurant, hotel, office, and grocery on a total of 138 acres) at Beckwith Rd. and Golden Bear Gateway.

2) LifeStyle Communities Mt.Juliet II (655 multi-family units on 68 acres) on the south side of Central Pike between Cook Rd. and South Mount Juliet Rd.

Also, Lebanon will see a mixed-use project by Forester Real Estate Group featuring 120 townhomes and 2 commercial buildings totaling 8,900 sq. ft. on 23 acres on Lebanon Rd., between Medearis Dr. and South Greenhill Rd.

More at The Tennessean here:

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/local/wilson/mt-juliet/2022/09/21/mt-juliet-homebuilding-plans-golden-bear-place-north-central-pike/69497684007/

• Like 2

Wilson County: Mt. Juliet will see a BJ's Wholesale Club built on a 28 acre site at 200 Adams Lane for which  the chain paid $6.6 million. The store will cover 104,000 sq. ft. and include a tire store and 6 pump gas station.  It will be part of a larger 175 acre Providence Central  development which will include 2.6 million sq. ft. of mixed-use.

More at NBJ here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2022/09/23/massachusetts-wholesaler-buys-land-in-mt-juliet.html

Screen Shot 2022-09-23 at 1.07.26 PM.png

• Like 3