The Transportation and Mass Transit Megathread

TopTenn

2 hours ago, nashvylle said:

how long after tomorrow until the final vote is counted?

I would assume it would be pretty quickly, maybe tomorrow evening. It’s computerized and there’s only one county voting so it should go pretty quickly. Kind of tense, waiting a day to find out if your city is going to completely take a step up in city tiers or not. 

• Like 1

I am quite nervous. Has there been any polling done?

Mayor Bailey is quite active on twitter today. 

One of the replies to his tweet about mobility, seniors, students and those with disabilities...

"@MayorBriley Noticed no comment on tweeter about the vandalism at The Hermitage. Guess it doesn't fit the liberal narrative. I'm a Senior and the street car doesn't help me one bit. #notax4tracks. Street cars went out in the 1930s."

I mean, what the hell man, when did this city/state/country become so damn selfish. I mean damn.

• Like 2

Landline? Like, the thing that hung up on your wall in your kitchen? It was only a decade after I was born when that began phasing out of most American homes.  Most people in my cohort (18-24) wouldn't even know how to use one.

Hang on, let me whip out my address book... :rofl:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, nativetenn said:

Landline? Like, the thing that hung up on your wall in your kitchen? It was only a decade after I was born when that began phasing out of most American homes.  Most people in my cohort (18-24) wouldn't even know how to use one.

Hang on, let me whip out my address book... :rofl:

Rolodex?

• Like 2

I personally really hope this transit plan passes. Do I think this transit plan is perfect? NO! Actually i think its pretty mediocre in terms of the long term, however it really is the only viable option for mass transit Nashvillians have currently.  I would much rather have light rail than driverless cars or only bus rapid transit, light rail is more efficient, convenient and even faster than the other options. Nashville tourism and economic growth will continue regardless of whether this transit plan passes, which might sound good on the surface, but really it just means if a transit plan doesnt pass in the near future, gridlock is inevitable and will be unimaginably bad.

2 minutes ago, Dale said:

To read the Tennessean it doesn't seem like any of the pundits are giving transit much of a chance.

I hope those same pundits hold the No Transit’s people’s feet to the fire and make them come up with a plan...

But they won’t.  

• Like 2

I stopped using landlines and pay phones around the time David Arquette stopped doing ads for 1-800-COLLECT. 

4 minutes ago, Dale said:

To read the Tennessean it doesn't seem like any of the pundits are giving transit much of a chance.

Yeah my gut is saying it won’t pass. The radio airwaves are just blasting with anti-transit, I still haven’t received anything pro-transit in the mail, and the news reports I was hearing ads for seemed to be negative (but that might have just been the idiots they were interviewing in the sound clips).