B Tower (5th Street Retail Infill Building)

CLTProductions

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, j-man said:

There are like a hundred in this city...maybe more. I’m sure they all taste the same. So that’s a strong no. 

One should be an Apple store. That would do well in Uptown. 

Average apple store is 8,400 sq feet. Floorplate in this building is 4000 sq feet. 

This will do great cigar bar as Cutters did great over years even after Marriott did a no smoking ban this was the only place globally in Marriott family where you could smoke inside.  Tourists and 100k uptown workers will find it.

There is a cigar bar in epicenter and then there is that cigar bar/club across from the strip club on Tryon just before the uptown bridge. Cigars are that popular these days?

11 minutes ago, j-man said:

Two floors would be ok lol. And I’m sure the Apple store in Southpark mall isn’t that big. Looks aground 4,000 square feet 

Its much much much larger than that. I'm not sure the exact size, but for reference the H&M below Macys is 21,000 sq feet.

image.thumb.png.46aa9a4bf759f2d3508fde3f16f3006f.png

They’d also never go in a building like this, in this location. They’d want Tryon St, maximum visibility and sight lines. And they’d want a high foot traffic area with other equally recognizable retail.

Apple Store Friendly Center in Greensboro is just under 7000 sq feet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

They’d also never go in a building like this, in this location. They’d want Tryon St, maximum visibility and sight lines. And they’d want a high foot traffic area with other equally recognizable retail.

Apple Store Friendly Center in Greensboro is just under 7000 sq feet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That makes sense.

That's weird. Thanks for the info.

I don't have the plans or anything but I measured the store on Google Earth to get a bit over 5k. Maybe the lot includes some sidewalk/loading dock area in the lease.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, dnlleffingwell said:

I think this would be a good place to put a Apple store. Take out the CLT visitor center, dig down for one floor. And create something similar to the Apple store near Central Park but different. Something that says Charlotte and add the visitor center adjacent to the the Apple store!

Screenshot_20200122-211635.png

Fun fact, the Apple Store on 5th Avenue, gets twice as many visitors per year (57M), as Charlotte as a whole (27M)

Edited by Guest