Nashville Yards, 15 acres/4 million sq. ft./ $1 billion, Phase I: Grand Hyatt Hotel (25 stories), Phase II: Amazon (26 & 22 stories), Phase III: AEG District (4 K theater, 34 & 35 story apts); Phase IV: Pinnacle Tower (35 stories), Amazon 3 (43)

On 2/13/2022 at 8:36 AM, smeagolsfree said:

OK, for the architects and engineers out there, I have a question as to how to count building height? This has all be a crap shoot as to how we count and there has been controversy even from the Council on Tall Buildings when they count antenna and then sometimes do not.

Where does the count start and end? The schematics from this packet are showing all counts from upper 10th. The Upper 10th to the roof top of the 35 is 419.3 and the 34 is 408.7. While other info. says the heights is 373 & 385. They are also giving the count to the highest top occupied floor and not the ceiling of that floor. This is all very confusing for the layperson. I know it is supposedly from the address of the building as well. We have no ideas of the addresses of the buildings, as one of them could be on lower 10th or Commerce.

It really is not as a big a deal to me as much as it is to the bean counters on this board and the folks that count this crap on Emporis and for the Wiki page.  I just get grief when I put one height on the map and the get yelled at saying the height is wrong.

For Fire Department purposes, lowest point of grade to top of building. If that surpasses 75' (which is higher than their hoses can reach), developers have to do more safety requirements.

For definition of high-rise, it's average grade plane to top of occupiable space. Anything above 85', developers have to do more safety requirements. 

For Nashville bragging rights, let's start at lowest grade to highest building element, because we have to stop at 750' anyways. Thanks FAA. 

Edited by nashvylle
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Bos2Nash said:

Apologies for missing this if it was said, but based on the recently uploaded documents to the Development Tracker, Pinnacle Tower appears to be 36 floors tall and sitting approximately 500' above Upper 10th and 523' above Lower 10th. 

0B12BBD7-8DD7-4843-B6DF-ABC29FF6A442.jpeg.4ecd13732e204b629daa2486b4d9efd4.jpeg
Can I get a judges ruling?:shades:

Edited by Skyscrapergeek
  • Like 3

17 hours ago, rolly said:

And Amazon is tripling down with the office space in downtown, with

---
91 floors of office space in less than 4 years...   :rolleyes:

It’s why I think they are legit putting in at least part of their HQ2 there, either that or they are significantly investing in healthcare.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Binbin98 said:

It’s why I think they are legit putting in at least part of their HQ2 there, either that or they are significantly investing in healthcare.

They are absolutely getting into the Healthcare market. 

My friend at the big Healthcare campus downtown said Amazon has been actively recruiting and poaching her employees for some time.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, ArchitectBarbie said:

They are absolutely getting into the Healthcare market. 

My friend at the big Healthcare campus downtown said Amazon has been actively recruiting and poaching her employees for some time.

In what ways are they getting into healthcare?  Just wondering where they’re headed with that.

• Like 1