Ascent Uptown - 33 stories (3rd and Poplar)

navigator319

On 3/14/2016 at 10:53 AM, Jayvee said:

Honestly it's a very simple answer and very simple reason why they won't. Because it would require Preferred Parking to do something creative and thoughtful. And it would require them to put some effort into something and get rid of parking spaces. And mostly because it would do something that would actually positively impact the city in which they make so much money from. 

Ah ok. That makes sense - I thought you meant that the restaurant was against it. Preferred Parking only wants to deal with parking lots, and that won't change. It's as close to zero operating costs as you can get, and practically guaranteed revenue, so if you take out property taxes its probably 90% profit just for having the good fortune of owning some land uptown.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, ah59396 said:

Now if ONLY something can be done about this area, boy will this be a great shot:

56fb21f0d1d14_knights3.29.16.thumb.jpg.dd4cb39c8b5f9e52767e625adfacebde.jpg

I mean... there will be a 7-9 floor expansion to the federal courthouse along 4th, plus a 6-7 floor brick building bookending the outfield with office, retail, more fixed seats and a couple box seats. Beyond that, you have the pork chop lot to deal with, and the lot that the builders building is on. That'll probably get redeveloped one day.

24 minutes ago, Synopsis101 said:

Why the lack of development around Vue?

Something will eventually get developed on the lot behind the Vue, directly next to Harris Teeter. :ph34r::ph34r:. Big great lot fronting 6th. 

Edited by Guest

42 minutes ago, RaleighHeelsfan said:

There you go with Ninja Eyes again....Spill it! lol

Everything I know should be in the Knights Thread. It should all be public knowledge now.

Ascent will very striking when people first look at it. It's sexy, It will have the planters in the front for about 5 floor, and the more that gets built the better the views are for anyone living uptown. I read something in the paper today about 2016 being perhaps the peak year for development ( Vitner among others were quoted), Never ,imd the 25.000 apartments under construction or planned to built. Im in Concord. And we are seeing tons Of Charlotte style apartments out here. I would say about 1-2,000 under construction.

Its exciting but basically I can almost hear Charlotte saying " knock, knock...we're here"...lol

I personally think we are going to continue strong for years to come. Charlotte is becoming a " Dont F;&% with us"  kind of city. I kinda feel liker nothing can stop us anymore.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Skyybutter said:

Ascent will very striking when people first look at it. It's sexy, It will have the planters in the front for about 5 floor, and the more that gets built the better the views are for anyone living uptown. I read something in the paper today about 2016 being perhaps the peak year for development ( Vitner among others were quoted), Never ,imd the 25.000 apartments under construction or planned to built. Im in Concord. And we are seeing tons Of Charlotte style apartments out here. I would say about 1-2,000 under construction.

Its exciting but basically I can almost hear Charlotte saying " knock, knock...we're here"...lol

I personally think we are going to continue strong for years to come. Charlotte is becoming a " Dont F;&% with us"  kind of city. I kinda feel like nothing can stop us anymore.

Bite your tongue! That's exactly what was being said around here in 2007.

I wish Charlotte could secede from North Carolina. So tired of the hatred, contempt, ridicule and scorn created by Republicans.

[We now return you to your Ascent discussion.]

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Silicon Dogwoods said:

Bite your tongue! That's exactly what was being said around here in 2007.

I wish Charlotte could secede from North Carolina. So tired of the hatred, contempt, ridicule and scorn created by Republicans.

[We now return you to your Ascent discussion.]

Yes, stick to the topic. Crying and beotching is for other places.

Edited by caterpillar2

14 hours ago, Skyybutter said:

I personally think we are going to continue strong for years to come. Charlotte is becoming a " Dont F;&% with us"  kind of city. I kinda feel liker nothing can stop us anymore.

Agree with the bolded. There was a article that says it might be showing signs of slowing down, but it's still steaming along pretty well. Sale of the wells faro building will drive up property prices even higher, meaning rapid vertical expansion. Parking lots and small building's cant last for long in uptown.  

• Like 1