The "We Need A New Outdoor Venue" Thread

grilled_cheese

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

why isn't that little blue one in the bottom left allowed?

Most likely because it's a bleacher bench-beam seat (with the beacher stabilizer hook).  I go an old one of them thinks (from back in the '70s at Dudley Field [it's gold and black]), but they probably ban any such appliances on the bleachers themselves.
-==-

Hopefully blocking a lane on the Korean Vets bridge for trucks isn't a permanent solution. Essentially it bottlenecks to one lane for through traffic.

Yep.  We have a great new venue and they're using up the KVB bridge to park trucks.  Surely there's a better alternative.

Are we still referring to the EC buses from last week?  When entering the venue last night there were semis and tour buses clearly parked behind the stage in what appeared to be their own little parking area.  I did not see any semis parked on KVB.

Are we still referring to the EC buses from last week?  When entering the venue last night there were semis and tour buses clearly parked behind the stage in what appeared to be their own little parking area.  I did not see any semis parked on KVB.

Perhaps they've identified a solution.    I was down there yesterday afternoon as the Phish crew was setting up and there were 3 semis parked on KVB bridge, but from your report sounds like they later moved them.    As with any new venue, there will be a learning curve for the operators but I expect they'll work most of the bugs out after a few shows.  

On a related note, I'm told the price of beer is quite high.   Hope they can work that bug out!   

.. well, It could just be po' ol' cantankerous me, past the point of exasperation rehab, but it seems that the more momentous developments of far-reaching ramification ─ private or civic ─ the more it is revealed of the dysfunction and inability (if not total incompetence) of those agencie(s) which could be charged with working in concert to mitigate these definitely foreseeable and predictable traffic snarls.

There ARE a few exceptions ─ very few.
-==-

Perhaps they've identified a solution.    I was down there yesterday afternoon as the Phish crew was setting up and there were 3 semis parked on KVB bridge, but from your report sounds like they later moved them.    As with any new venue, there will be a learning curve for the operators but I expect they'll work most of the bugs out after a few shows.  

On a related note, I'm told the price of beer is quite high.   Hope they can work that bug out!   

$14 for Sweetwater 420 16oz.

I can't remember how much the domestic macro beers were for a 24oz.

Archived