Camperdown (Greenville News Building Site)

gman

On 12/4/2017 at 5:30 PM, gman430 said:

According to the front page article in the Greenville News today(Monday) everything has been approved except the staircase into the plaza. The condo/office tower will be 15 floors. 

• 2 weeks later...

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, distortedlogic said:

Hopefully they're not pulling a Peacock... :whistling:

I doubt it. Daniel Corp. (yes that Daniel from the Fluor past life) is the one building the apartment building. They are a very large experienced southeastern developer. Here are the urban apartment projects they have done: https://www.danielcorp.com/property_type/multifamily-urban-residential/ Some pretty big high-rises in there especially in Atlanta. 

My guess is that they are waiting to finish the rest of the parking garage first before starting on it. 

Edited by gman430

39 minutes ago, motonenterprises said:

I thought as much with the emoticon you put afterwards. Just wanted to post. This site should look pretty massive once everything is done.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Indeed-- It's going to be a drastic change for South Main. I can't wait to see the view from Up on the Roof when this thing starts peeking over the Peace Center complex. 

• 2 weeks later...
37 minutes ago, GvilleSC said:

Probably a crane for the Hotel?

That’s my guess. Just drove by the site and it’s not the current crane coming down. Two new  crane pieces along with the trolley/hook system are now on site with several pieces just offf site on flatbed trucks waiting to be unloaded.

Edited by gman430

22 minutes ago, Jet-set said:

The hotel? Has that been approved already?

i would think it would be for the condo/office tower. 

Yes it has. The pieces are being connected to the large yellow crane on site as an extension for its boom as you can see in the pics below so who knows. No second tower crane base installed on site at this time either. Maybe this will be the crane for the hotel which would be disappointing.

206B2CA9-6714-459A-8FC1-7E2187D5293F.jpeg

54BC9CCD-1C7D-4530-BA43-45CBB227176E.jpeg

Edited by gman430
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, gman430 said:

Yes it has. The pieces are being connected to the large yellow crane on site as an extension for its boom as you can see in the pics below so who knows. No second tower crane base installed on site at this time either. Maybe this will be the crane for the hotel which would be disappointing.

206B2CA9-6714-459A-8FC1-7E2187D5293F.jpeg

54BC9CCD-1C7D-4530-BA43-45CBB227176E.jpeg

Thanks gman....the  Hyatt Place  project (Broad  St) catches the eye in the first pic as it looks awesome.

Edited by cabelagent
Wording

1 hour ago, GvilleSC said:

Probably going to erect more than one crane on the site, and the location of the first one was poorly place for that purpose. Which leads me to believe that they're moving forward with things faster than anticipated. 

I don’t get why they installed a tall tower crane there in the first place for only three stories of the structure unless the apartment building has stalled. I’ve got a bad feeling the apartment developer has backed out. 

Edited by gman430

Well, the Greenville News is aware of the situation so hope to hear some news fairly soon. Another Peacock on our hands? We shall see. I’m guessing it has stalled though. No wonder no work has been done on the fourth floor in months. 

Edited by gman430