Davidson East: East Nashville, Inglewood, Madison, Donelson, Hermitage, Old Hickory

smeagolsfree

The Chapel/Chester umbilical with the front-loading garages serving as the ground floor is being marketed by Pete Prosser, who is one of the developer/realtors who testified against -771 saying to the Council that they need to stop putting in Overlays and just let developers build whatever they want, wherever they want so that Metro can remain financially afloat with new property taxes.

Is Mr. Prosser not aware that most residential development fails to generate enough property tax to cover its cost of service?

Edited by Rockatansky
  • Like 1

Does anyone know how to find a site plan for a particular residential permit? I've pulled the permit for Codes Department as follows;

Permit #: CARN 201418928 (this is actually one of two, Unit A to go along with unit B)

Here is a link, if it works:

https://permits.nashville.gov/kivanet/2/permit/lookup/index.cfm

Property address; 1414 Stainback Ave. 37207

The permit states "see site plan", but at the bottom it says "plan on file".

I would like to know how to access this plan if it's public domain.

Thanks for the help. I would have put this in the coffee house, but I figured I may get more looks here.

Try Development Tracker http://maps.nashville.gov/DevelopmentTracker/# on Planning's website.  You have to "accept" the terms, then hover your mouse over the dot where the rezoning is located on the map and then the site plan will be posted if it is available.  It may simply not be available at this moment.  I would seriously expect a side-by-side duplex, though.

I will send you a PM with some contact info for District 5 folks who are tracking some of these items for ongoing discussion with your Council Member.

Why does brush cleanup only come a couple times a year and why won't they come pick my stuff up when I call?  This seem like basic stuff to me.

Brush pick-up limitations is a coordination and budgetary issue.  But due to large constituent outcry, the Council increased funding in last year's (FY14) budget so that there are now four collections per year, up from three previously.   There is basically a set number of vehicles and staff to work on those for the entire county, so there is a coordinated schedule and Public Works is not in a position to deviate from that schedule very much. 

Here is the link to the 2014-2015 brush collection schedule http://www.nashville.gov/portals/0/SiteContent/pw/docs/recycle/BrushFlyer.pdf

I would encourage your to put your brush items out early rather than to wait until the last minute.  Don't put them in the right of way, and don't put them next to a fence.  Trust me, the machines that pick up the bags can damage your fence!  Also, don't forget to use the paper bags.  The brush collection crews will not pick up leaves in plastic bags.  Public Works takes the brush to the mulch facility for use on public right-of-way and parks land, and you know what it's like when you run over a plastic bag with a lawnmower.   

You can also take your own brush items to the Bordeaux Mulch Facility.

Edited by bwithers1
  • Like 1

While we are on that subject, I thought I would mention the waste facility on the east side. Many people don't seem to know about it. It's just off trinity Ln at Ellington pkwy. It's a good place to properly dispose of household waste. Examples of items they accept include;

-appliances

-electronics

-furniture

-construction materials

-oil/paint/solvents

-mattresses

The address is;

943A Doctor Richard G. Adams Drive

Nashville, TN 37207

Must be a Davidson County resident. Small loads are free. Trailers and pickups are a small fee.

• Like 1

Thanks guys.  Good to know they bumped it up to 4.  I've already got a huge pile out front and I'm ready for it to go.  Had a huge pile last pickup too.  No one has taken care of the backyard here for what seems like the last 30 years. 

Good to know about the waste facility.  I've got a bunch of electronics I need to dump off.

Is it just me or is it kind of odd how the Nashville Business Journal only mentioned the new West End location (and Boro) and said it was going to be the first one in Nashville, with no mention of this one, when it looks like this site is well ahead construction wise? Web Pro still lists "Cook Out" as being the owner...hopefully no surprises and they start delivering wigs and hair care products to the building :shok:

Edited by TnNative
  • Like 1

Zaxby's replacing Black Raven Emporium? Boo...I liked how that block/area was shaping up with all the independently owned businesses and at least the Cook Out was replacing the KFC and I'll probably go there every once in while.

Edited by TnNative

I can check with CM Scott Davis on the Douglas/Montgomery cottage development status. Sometimes these take a while. The Eastland Porter 11-unit detached cottage development SP was approved about a year ago but the demo permit for the apartment blocks was just pulled last week and the architect let me know that construction might start in the fall. SPs are valid for up to four years, so even when they do pass, you might have to wait a while to see the dirt move.

As for Zaxby's, my source had told me a while back that it was proposed for somewhere near Gallatin/Trinity but I was not anticipating that particular spot. That's really sad.

"Congress must approve specific HUD funding, known as the Rental Assistance Demonstration Fund (RAD). If the RAD program is included in the congressional budget brought up for a vote this fall and passes, then HUD would have to approve MDHA's $1 billion request to redevelop public housing in Nashville."

$1B. Wow! That's a lot of scratch.

I don't want to start a war, but I don't understand all the bashing of Zaxby's, chain stores, etc.... Everyone is happy when local restaurant (ex. Hattie B's) opens a second location. But somewhere between one store and x number of stores, the business becomes an evil chain. I thought that was called "success".

And I like Zaxby's!!! (A lot) ... and McDonald's and Chick fil A and Arby's and O'Charley's and Logan's and Bonefish Grille and J. Alexander's and ..... but I don't eat there everyday!!!!

• Like 2

I don't want to start a war, but I don't understand all the bashing of Zaxby's, chain stores, etc.... Everyone is happy when local restaurant (ex. Hattie B's) opens a second location. But somewhere between one store and x number of stores, the business becomes an evil chain. I thought that was called "success".

And I like Zaxby's!!! (A lot) ... and McDonald's and Chick fil A and Arby's and O'Charley's and Logan's and Bonefish Grille and J. Alexander's and ..... but I don't eat there everyday!!!!

I agree that there's too much bashing of chains. I generally prefer local places, but there are chains I enjoy, too....especially regional chains that have their act together and provide a superior product.

I understand if people get upset about chains overrunning development -- because that can sometimes lead to the development having a bland and/or "corporate" feel, without the quirks and uniqueness that local places provide. But if there is a good balance, and the chains aren't chasing or pricing local joints out of the market -- then what's the big deal?

And I like Zaxby's, too.