Davidson East: East Nashville, Inglewood, Madison, Donelson, Hermitage, Old Hickory

smeagolsfree

4 hours ago, markhollin said:

1333 Dickerson Pike will be a 26 unit (3 stories?) townhome project on 1.12 acres facing Lucille St. It is still unknown who the developer is. A water and sewer permit has been sought.  Alfred Benesch & Company is handling engineering. 

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/residential-project-planned-for-east-side/article_d922ffb0-958e-11ec-8d00-a301c75be477.html

1333 Dickerson Pike, Feb 24, 2022, diagram.png

This screen shot from Smeagolsfree's excellent development map shows the site highlighted in teal at the center of the frame:

LOL how many things in this city have been neglected, torn down, repurposed, etc. 

And yet Apple Annie's Inn on Dickerson fudgeing pike stands tall. 

Go Preds

• Haha 2

Anyone know why or how these street lights ended up in backyards?  This example is not the only one I have seen.   The below picture is of a house built in the 50s and another example I have is of a house built in the early 1900s.

It's a dumb question but I'm just curious.

rzannZG.jpg

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, grilled_cheese said:

Anyone know why or how these street lights ended up in backyards?  This example is not the only one I have seen.   The below picture is of a house built in the 50s and another example I have is of a house built in the early 1900s.

It's a dumb question but I'm just curious.

rzannZG.jpg

Homeowners can contract with NES to have a streetlight installed for a monthly rental fee. Perhaps that is the case with these.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 3/2/2022 at 12:40 PM, WebberThomas4 said:

2 quick observations after my lunch break:

- The signs are back up for Calypso Cafe

- Core sampling being done on the vacant lot at 926 Gallatin Avenue. It’s the lot next to Hunan Express and is around .44 acres. 

According to water/sewer permits, 926 Gallatin will be a drive thru only restaurant. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, markhollin said:

Two former Cleveland Park church structures that back up to each other at 1105 Stainback Ave. (circa 1925) and 1100 Lischey Ave. (circa 1950) have been purchased for a combined $2.15 million  by Martin Bubis. The most recent congregation of the structures, Grace Apostolic  Church, paid a cumulative $381,000 for the structures over 40 years. No word on Bubis' plans as of yet.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/east-nashville-church-property-sells-for-2-15m/article_63bd0b18-9e66-11ec-b49c-e3277305112e.html

1105 Stainback Ave:

1105 Stainback Ave, March 8, 2022, site.png

1100 Lischey Ave:

1100 Lischey Ave, March 8, 2022, site.png

Can someone confirm if this is the same Bubis family that gave us this???

May be an image of road and sky

Because if so, planning and the community should be extremely attentive to these folks as clearly they do "great" things for the neighborhood.

• Like 2
  • Sad 5

On 3/6/2022 at 10:29 AM, DJIII said:

Walden is being turned into a 1930's themed bar.  Owners of Pearl Diver.  I caught the guy coming out of the space last week when I was getting coffee at Elegy.

https://nashville.eater.com/2022/3/8/22967014/pearl-diver-tiger-bar-east-nashville-coming-attractions

• Like 2

15 hours ago, tokiorose said:

Can someone confirm if this is the same Bubis family that gave us this???

Same family but a different member of the family. The B&B was done by Bobby Bubis, but this property was bought by Martin Bubis. I think that may be the son. Not entirely sure. William knows better than I do.

• Thanks 1

Samaritan Nashville (4 & 5 stories, 475 units, internal garage) update: Phase I (4 tories, 195 units) groundbreaking several days ago. 

More info  at NashvilleNowNext here:

https://nashvillenownext.com/2022/03/09/affordable-mixed-use-development-breaks-ground-in-east-nashville/

Looking NE from intersection of South 4th St. and Shelby Ave:

Samaritan Center, March 12, 2022, 1.jpeg

Looking NW from intersection of South 5th St. and Shelby Ave:

Samaritan Center, March 12, 2022, 2.jpeg

• Like 4