Davidson East: East Nashville, Inglewood, Madison, Donelson, Hermitage, Old Hickory

smeagolsfree

^ Ugh. So sad. This is "the cheap bar up the street" for me and the only one that I can walk to from my house. Frustrating to see it go when there are so many empty lots all around the area.

Is there an official announcement at this point? All I've heard so far is hearsay from random folks posting on Facebook.

9 hours ago, Vrtigo said:

^ Ugh. So sad. This is "the cheap bar up the street" for me and the only one that I can walk to from my house. Frustrating to see it go when there are so many empty lots all around the area.

Is there an official announcement at this point? All I've heard so far is hearsay from random folks posting on Facebook.

That info is from our waitress this past Saturday.  Don't know of an official announcement but that seems pretty solid.

More details on the mixed-use project with 321 residential units is on the drawing board for 52 acres at the southwest corner of Broadmoor Drive and Ellington Parkway in the Maplewood Heights area of East Nashville. It will include at least three commercial buildings to house restaurant and retail tenants — one next to the Studio 615 photo and film production facility at 272 Broadmoor and the others behind it.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/real-estate/2017/04/10/residences-restaurant-and-retail-space-planned-maplewood-area/100297350/

272.JPG

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RJCor said:

Long time reader of this thread, but first time poster.  I live over in the McFerrin/Cleavland park area and there seems to be a ton of new stuff going on.  The pics below are of the townhome project surrounding the McGavock house at the corner of Cleveland and Meridian.  Three houses along the intersection have been cleared and there is work happening on the McGavock house itself as well.

Welcome, RJCor!  Thanks for the info and pics.  Please feel free to contribute as often as you like.  You are always welcome to attend our Monthly Meet-Ups as well on the first Sat. of every month at 10 Am at The Perch on James Robertson Parkway and 3rd AVe. North downtown.  : )

• Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 9:17 PM, WebberThomas4 said:

http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/real-estate/2017/04/11/mdha-pursues-church-site-near-east-nashvilles-cayce-homes/100347466/

MDHA purchases church site near their Cayce project. Was this part of the original plan?

These parcels are included in the Cayce Redevelopment District and in the Envision Cayce Master Plan.  But detailed planning for properties such as these cannot proceed until such time as they are acquired by MDHA.  The mulch yard on South 5th that backs up to these properties, as well as several of the apartment complexes along Crutcher/Glenview, etc, are still privately owned even though they are included in the Redevelopment District and the overall Master Plan.  Does that make sense?  This is similar to the CWA properties along Shelby that were part of the original Master Plan but were not owned by MDHA until an acquisition a few years ago.

I believe that a separate SP will be required for these properties for design detailing similar to what was done for the Kirkpatrick Park block.  Similarly, the Explore! Community School elementary building is now proposed to go at a currently vacant site at the NEC of 7th/Lenore rather than behind Martha O'Bryan and adjacent to Kirkpatrick Elementary.  The Middle School part of Explore! will still go next to Martha O'Bryan.  Similarly, the plans for the community amenity campus area are shifting slightly and may now include housing as well as civic uses. 

Some plans are shifting slightly but the general concept of the Master Plan remains consistent.  The acquisition of these parcels on South 6th that can be cleared and redeveloped relatively quickly to construct and open up new housing units for tenant relocation is likely to move up the calendar for other phases of the project by a year or more.

Edited by bwithers1
  • Like 4

A team led by a Philadelphia-based developer has been deemed most qualified to collaborate on a transit-oriented development of 5.1 acres that adjoins the Donelson Station train stop along the Music City Star commuter rail line.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/real-estate/2017/04/17/philadelphias-pennrose-track-develop-donelson-station/100555498/

• Like 3

I can't imagine a developer would make this sort of commitment without substantial due diligence. They must've spoken with various civic leaders who have assured them that there is, indeed, going to be increased, regular service of the train schedule. It's nice to see both parties taking the strides towards making a commute culture like this a reality.

• Like 2

From the Nashville Post:

Ground has broken on The EastSider in East Nashville.

Nashville-based Hardcastle Construction Co. is serving as construction manager, with foundation work (and footers in place) fully underway at the Five Points site.

The EastSider will have an address of 105 S. 11th St. Caribe Hospitality GP is undertaking the project and has enlisted Nashville-based Quirk Designs to handle architectural duties.

The project will include two buildings: a three-story structure (with the third floor set back) fronting South 11th and a two-story building adjacent to the existing alley that separates buildings home to East Side Cycles and cafe Bongo East on the west and Art and Invention Gallery on the east. A courtyard would provide connectivity between the two EastSider buildings.

The three-story building that will front South 11th will offer retail space on the main floor (uses for the other two floors have not been disclosed) and stand 42 feet, with the rear building to rise 17 feet.

Also....

Mixed-use development breaks ground in Old Hickory

Providence Land Co. has broken ground in Old Hickory on mixed-use project Village Green of Old Hickory and is targeting a 2019 completion.

The development, to be located on Hadley Avenue, will feature 46 single-family homes, 5,600 square feet of retail space, and five two- bedroom apartments on five acres across Donelson Street from the existing community center and fire hall.

“We are excited to be a part of the revitalization of the Old Hickory Village Neighborhood,” Brock Rust, president of Providence Land Co. and a partner in Village Green of Old Hickory LLC, said in the release.

Stillwater Construction is the project contractor, Southern Bank is providing financing, Civil Site Design Group is the engineer and Jessica Porter Home Design is handling design work