Davidson East: East Nashville, Inglewood, Madison, Donelson, Hermitage, Old Hickory

smeagolsfree

16 hours ago, Bos2Nash said:

The variance request is for a leasing outbuilding that is tied into the already built development in the back

May be a black-and-white image

May be an image of floor plan

BZA approved the variance. It appears that the ownership has some preliminary thoughts on a future phase, but nothing has been submitted. Below is a preliminary sketch that popped in one of the BZA documents.

May be an image of blueprint, floor plan and text

I think it is just going to be the apartment office according to the docs I read last week. I almost got excited until I saw it was only one small building.

5 hours ago, markhollin said:

It's taken several years,  but the two homes at Cahal Ave. & Branch St. are finally wrapping-up.

Looking NW from Porter Rd., 1/3 block SW of Cahal Ave:

Cahal & Branch Townhomes, April 20, 2024.jpeg

Wierd but more appelling than so many plain vanilla boxes going up here.  Certainly distinctive.  They must be are a huge departure from the rest of the neighborhood though. What do the nearby residents think of them.  i suspect they are appalled and pissed off.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Baronakim said:

Wierd but more appelling than so many plain vanilla boxes going up here.  Certainly distinctive.  They must be are a huge departure from the rest of the neighborhood though. What do the nearby residents think of them.  i suspect they are appalled and pissed off.

Man I wish property rights were strong enough that what nearby residents think of the aesthetics of a couple new builds was unimportant.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, markhollin said:

1021 South 11th St. (2 story commercial structure that is part of the Ten21 development) is nearly ready to open.

Looking west from South 11th St. at Holly St:

1021 11th St South, April 20, 2024.jpeg

I Dream of Weenie is already open actually. I have not heard anything on presumably the leasable office space upstairs though. 

• Like 4

20 hours ago, billgregg said:

Two developments along Eastland Avenue that I don't think have been posted here.

Shelby Green, a 20-unit development adjacent to the golf course in Shelby Park. Some complete and sold and some still under construction. 2208 Eastland Avenue was purchased and demolished to provide access to the undeveloped and landlocked property. The first shot is from inside the property looking back toward Eastland; the second is looking into the property from Eastland.

image.thumb.png.3b8b1534eca3a25a63e3786af7579b3f.png

image.thumb.png.1c316c17be1f237d3631f8a5d399e376.png

And a 10-unit development at the northeast corner of Eastland and Riverside. It replaces a circa-1950 ranch home and a vacant lot next to an electrical transmission tower.
image.thumb.png.231478d1857ad3a54378e28c111502c1.png

Here is info on Shelby Green:

East Nashville Luxury Homes | Shelby Green (harpethvalleyhomes.com)

I can't find one building permit related to the townhomes I see the water and sewer permits but permits are so screwy it is understandable. Our old buddy Duane Culthbertson that attended meetings a number of years ago did the heavy lifting on the project.

• Like 4

It looks nice, but not much like an event space (OK, maybe a church!).I wonder why Madison went with that rustic look. I seem to recall from previous posts here that this is a part of a larger town center type of development. Is there a Madison town government or was this a Metro project? 

That stone/brick wall looks as though it could actually be very old.  Is there some reference to history? Any of our construction experts here know how much/less the rustic look affects cost as opposed to a more "streamlined" contemporary look?  

Not related to this project... I was pretty shocked how bad traffic is in Madison when I drove through there last winter.

• Like 1

All the need is a Raisin Caines. The one on White Bridge is always busy and honestly, I do not know why. I am sure it is sort of like Chick filet. Chick Filet is OK, but nothing to write home about. I do not go out of my way to eat there or any fast food in general. I may have a burger every now and then. Once a month at most, but good gosh their prices are as high as most of the sit downs restaurants anymore.

• Like 4