Davidson East: East Nashville, Inglewood, Madison, Donelson, Hermitage, Old Hickory

smeagolsfree

11 hours ago, WebberThomas4 said:

East Park and Five Points neighborhoods?  Gethan is just making stuff up now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nashville Cliff said:

East Park and Five Points neighborhoods?  Gethan is just making stuff up now.

I can't wait to hit Three Points tonight to enjoy me some Jeni's and then maybe a jaunt over to Historic West Town. :tw_grin: 

Edited by TnNative
more info
  • Like 4

18 hours ago, WebberThomas4 said:

Ayesh is the jerkball who just tore down the stately Florence Crittenton building in midtown for a parking lot. 

From the Nashville Post:

Donelson mansion could offer tours, event, bed and breakfast

The new owners of the historic Belair Mansion in Donelson have filed a request for specific plan zoning in order “to create a mixed-use development allowing mansion tours, a bed and breakfast, and a venue for weddings, receptions, and corporate events.”

The plan application is on the Metro Planning Commission’s March 23 agenda.

A Hendersonville couple paid $1.55 million for the 4.88-acre property last year. The Tennessean reported at the time that the couple planned to invest another $1.5 million in the property, which was built in the 1830s. "We think the location is good for large events because Nashville is growing," Lewis James, one of the owners, told the newspaper at the time. 

• Like 1

https://epermits.nashville.gov/#/permit/3317978?page=1&searchText=821 Porter&searchCode=ADDR&searchType=permit&orderBy=permitNumber DESC

Permit for the apartments and homes slated for Porter Rd and Tillman. They've being doing quite a bit of site work over the past few weeks. I am not sure if they have released any updated renderings, but here is more information from the developers: http://imagine1co.com/projects/east-nashville-multi-family-development-on-porter-road-and-tillman/

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Gracie said:

Don't know if it's been posted, but here's a link to the site plan for development planned for Riverside Village. 60+ apartments I think. Really curious to see architectural drawings. If anyone has more info, please share. Thanks! http://maps.nashville.gov/MPC/2017SP-013-001_plan.pdf

I own a residential lot about a block from there. Will my property value go up or down as a result of this development? Any ideas?

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10104663586237685&set=gm.1351750941531124&type=3&theater&__tn__=R

Here's a Facebook post where Councilman Davis comments. 

And here is a permit for Bajo Sexto Taco(same building as Fond Object): https://epermits.nashville.gov/#/permit/3302093?page=1&searchText=2300 Riverside&searchCode=ADDR&searchType=permit&orderBy=permitNumber DESC

Edited by WebberThomas4
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, WebberThomas4 said:

Thanks! I didn't know about Bajo Sexto -- is that going beside Fond Object? 

I'm excited about getting some denser development in the neighborhood. I expect a lot of NIMBY push back and discussion about the "already terrible" traffic (I drive thru that intersection about 2 times a day and there is none).  Really hope to see more sidewalk on Riverside and a better bus stop. 

• Like 1

Nashville Post's story on the new main tenant at The Wabash (see article above):

http://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/20852066/international-entity-eyes-east-nashville-office-space

Looking north from intersection of Woodland St. and South 9th St:

Wabash 1, Feb 12, 2017.JPG

Looking SW from South 9th Street 1/2 block south of Main Street:

Wabash 2, Feb 12, 2017.JPG

Interior shot from Nashville Post looking west towards downtown:

Wabash 3, Feb 12, 2017.png

• Like 4

I don't think I'll ever understand the mentality of people like that.  'We should end all development because it might mean one more car  that I'll have to share the road with in the two minutes a week I happen to be passing through that specific intersection.'  It's a completely made up problem.  But even if it were a legitimate problem, how the hell is that a solution to said problem?  So many people seem to bring up traffic concerns and nothing else.  It's like it's all they care about.  I sometimes wonder if a concern about "traffic" is just what people say when they actually are afraid of change that may come with an influx of new residents.  Obviously there is a line that shouldn't be crossed, and that line is going to vary from person to person, but that line can't be 'zero new development ever.'  I mean, we're talking about an intersection that is currently populated by one gas station and two small local businesses in total, and these folks are talking about it like it's the intersection of Hollywood and Vine.  Their concerns simply have no basis in reality.

Edited by BnaBreaker
  • Like 3

I think "traffic" is definitely a cover for their underlying fears, @BnaBreaker. The goal is to make a case that gets the neighborhood engaged and on their side, and who can honestly say they don't loathe sitting in traffic?

It's a lot easier for others to relate to my comments about "the damn traffic" than to my underlying prejudices and fear of change.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, jmtunafish said:

Any idea what international company this is talking about? 

Developers in East Nashville are in final-stage lease negotiations with an international company that wants a sizable chunk of office space near the popular Five Points district.

Should the deal come to fruition, the company would occupy 25,000 square feet of space at The Wabash, redevelopment occurring at the former Fluffo mattress factory. There, developers Dan Heller and March Egerton are building a four-story building with a 120-space parking garage. It's a sign of the evolving growth in East Nashville, which is across the Cumberland River from downtown and has been one of the hottest parts of the residential real estate market for a few years now. In addition to more office space, several apartment complexes also are under construction.

Heller said the prospective tenant would be signing a long-term lease for all of the office space in The Wabash. The building also contains 15,000 square feet of space for retailers and restaurants.

"The user will be well-known to your readers," Heller said. "They're an international company and this is their first foray into the Nashville market."

http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2017/02/14/international-company-targets-east-nashville-debut.html

Please don't be Air BnB...bye bye neighborhood. 

Edited by TnNative
Edit
  • Like 1