Inside 440 - Berry Hill, Midtown, Vanderbilt, 12S, WeHo, Fairgrounds, etc.

smeagolsfree

1 hour ago, PaulChinetti said:

What's wrong with it? There are balconies, it's not just glass, adds some color to the neighborhood, if that is still the plan. They have a pool. 

And it's some great infill. 

https://emblemparknashville.com/about/

I do appreciate how it addresses the street for sure... much better in that regard than many other Nashville projects... but the overall design I definitely do not care for.  

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, BnaBreaker said:

I do appreciate how it addresses the street for sure... much better in that regard than many other Nashville projects... but the overall design I definitely do not care for.  

I agree, it has kind of a military barracks feel to it. 

• Like 1

On 1/16/2024 at 10:05 AM, PaulChinetti said:

What's wrong with it? There are balconies, it's not just glass, adds some color to the neighborhood, if that is still the plan. They have a pool. 

And it's some great infill. 

https://emblemparknashville.com/about/

Somera Road's other projects in town have all been much better.  So that's the let down for me. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, markhollin said:

445 Park Commons (6 stories, 335 units, ground level retail, garage) update: all windows and balconies installed; retail slots being set.

Looking SW from Benton Ave.,  1/2 block east of Rains Ave:

445 Park Commons. Jan 13, 2024, 1.jpeg

Looking south from Benton Ave.,  1/4 block east of Rains Ave:

445 Park Commons. Jan 13, 2024, 2.jpeg

Looking SE from intersection of Benton Ave. and Rains Ave:

445 Park Commons. Jan 13, 2024, 3.jpeg

445 Park Commons. Jan 13, 2024, 4.jpeg

Looking NE from plaza between complex and GEODIS Park, 1/2 block south of Benton Ave:

445 Park Commons. Jan 13, 2024, 5.jpeg

Looking SE from plaza between complex and GEODIS Park, 1/2 block south of Benton Ave:

445 Park Commons. Jan 13, 2024, 6.jpeg

This construction has disappointed me so far, the apartment building is adequate but so colorless and uninteresting in its design. Even worse is the garage, which better have something applied later to mask the walls, because it is the unfortunate combo of ugly and prominent.

• Like 2

Great scale to that infill. I never would recognize that corner from before/after. Even the utility poles are being replaced. Looks like that little cinder block building along Hart St. at the alley was also demolished.  Is there a bigger new building just to the north on 2nd Avenue? 

7 hours ago, markhollin said:

Vanderbilt Univ.  Power Plant (4 stories) update.

Looking NE from Children's Way, 1/4 block west of 25th Ave. South:

Vandy Power Plant, Jan 14, 2024, 1.jpeg

Looking north from Children's Way, 1/8 block west of 25th Ave. South:

Vandy Power Plant, Jan 14, 2024, 2.jpeg

Ugh, what an unfortunate structure to put in that spot on campus.  The Highlands, just across 25th where Morgan tower is seen at the far right, is next up for replacement with a new residential college.    

• Like 1

I agree! It's smack in the middle of campus... at least the old smokestack had some charm ... I remember feeling the coal ash raining down as I walked from the post office behind Rand to Vanderbilt Place (ahh, great times!) Frankly, it's an eyesore... it was then too, but that old smokestack was dang tall! Last image from Google SV is from April 2014. 

image.thumb.png.572a8d1c2b97f57c73d21377ddacbaa4.png

Broadstone Berry Hill (4 & 5 stories, 303 units, internal garage) update: most external work complete.

Looking SE from intersection of Bransford Ave. and Rosedale Ave:

Broadstone Berry Hill, Jan 12, 2024, 1.jpeg

Looking NE from Bransford Ave., 1/3 block north of Fessey Park Rd:

Broadstone Berry Hill, Jan 12, 2024, 2.jpeg

Looking south from intersection of Bransford Ave. and Craighead St:

Broadstone Berry Hill, Jan 12, 2024, 3.jpeg

Looking west from Rosedale Ave. at Grissom Drive:

Broadstone Berry Hill, Jan 12, 2024, 4.jpeg

Looking NW from Grissom Drive, 1/4 block south of Rosedale Ave:

Broadstone Berry Hill, Jan 12, 2024, 5.jpeg

• Like 4

What is even the point of building this up to the street if you're just going to wall it off and put all of the entrances at the back of the building where the car parking is?  Developments like this do almost nothing to foster a pedestrian friendly environment.   They're masquerading as urban residential buildings.  You'd have to walk a quarter mile around the building just to 'begin' your walk.  

Edited by BnaBreaker
  • Like 3