Davidson West: Bellevue, Bordeaux, Green Hills, MetroCenter, Nations, N Nashville

smeagolsfree

On 8/13/2020 at 12:20 PM, Dunkijo said:

Treaty Oaks expansion (21 additional townhomes) nearing completion. Photos courtesy of Miken Development. 

Looking East. West Mill Townhomes to the left. Nations 57 (office development) at top. 

1.png.df367a73fcd8ec4cbf898fda5dbc9cc9.png

Above view - West Mill Townhomes at bottom. Nations 57 to the left.

2.png.ec2afe8f89a6b36213411adb32606561.png

@Bos2Nash - As shown above, I think that sidewalk network is actually the "front yard" of the townhouses, with the typical concrete garage alleys on the outer sides. It's an interesting arrangement resulting from this "landlocked" plot of land that has no direct access to a real street.

• Like 1

On 8/17/2020 at 11:07 PM, AsianintheNations said:

@Bos2Nash - As shown above, I think that sidewalk network is actually the "front yard" of the townhouses, with the typical concrete garage alleys on the outer sides. It's an interesting arrangement resulting from this "landlocked" plot of land that has no direct access to a real street.

That's how i understood it as well. I think this works better as it creates the yard between the townhomes rather than a vehicle alley. Having the townhomes face one another gives a better opportunity to actually create a community as you see your neighbor across the way outside your front door. 

• Like 1

On 8/13/2020 at 8:26 AM, Andrew_3289 said:

That was a quick turnaround considering the current environment and restaurant landscape.

Commercial real estate has been a buyer's market due to the current conditions, it's a great opportunity to purchase I would imagine.  Once everything blows over they may just be opening their doors (only speculation)

Edited by ThunderOne
  • Like 1

Lindsey's Corner (3 & 4 stories, 108,000 sq. ft. office space, some retail, 357 capacity garage) at Charlotte and 42nd Ave. North has received another $12.8 million permit for the shell of one of the medical office structures.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/construction/article/21142983/permit-patrol-24-august-2020

• Like 2

15 hours ago, markhollin said:

Edison Park (3 stories, 84 units) rendering.
Edison Park, Aug, 2020, render.png

Definitely ended up looking more dense that I was expecting, especially relative to the surroundings. I'm sure the roof decks will be popular, and there are surprisingly few of those on the standalone tall skinny houses (I have one and spend way more time up there than on the front porch - almost no bugs, and the plants I grow up there aren't disturbed by prowling animals). However, I can't imagine living in a four-story house ... so many stairs to climb! I know it says three stories, but I think including the garage level, those units in the front are four stories tall (judging by the windows).

Edited by AsianintheNations
  • Like 4

The Row on Leslie (2 stories, 11 townhomes) at 5825 Leslie Ave. in Charlotte Park is expected to be complete sometime this fall.  Gaw Properties is the developer.

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21143162/work-starts-on-music-row-timber-building

Row on Leslie, Sept 2, 2020.png

Row on Leslie, Sept 2, 2020, site map.png

• Like 4

Regal Homes is planning a 20 single free-standing house project at the SW corner. of Centennial Blvd. and California Ave.  They bought the land for $2.27 million this week. Work should get underway in the first quarter of 2021.  Previously it was rumored that a 4 story, 72 unit apt. complex was going to be on the site. There is a nondescript 1 story cinder block building on the site that will be razed. 

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/residential-real-estate/article/21143182/residential-project-planned-for-site-in-the-nations

This screen shot from Smeagolsfree's excellent development map shows the site highlighted in teal at the center of the frame:

Screen Shot 2020-09-03 at 8.46.59 AM.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1