Davidson West: Bellevue, Bordeaux, Green Hills, MetroCenter, Nations, N Nashville

smeagolsfree

On 2/20/2023 at 1:23 PM, Nash_12South said:

Well, I don't disagree, but I like the backstory, that I've heard, on part of the reasoning for their leaving. I was told, that Pottery Barn was asked to leave the Mall at Green Hills, way back, when they built their Cool Springs store as previous mall owners only wanted "unique" stores in the mall. Pottery Barn was not happy and wanted to pull Williams Sonoma from Green Hills immediately but cooler heads (and a lease and no other locations) slowed the process down. Admittedly gossip, but gossip I trusted.  I do agree with the trend away from Malls.   

I've heard the same from some reliable sources about Pottery Barn's move from the mall in the early 2000s.   We had a long conversation with one of Pottery Barn's managers on Christmas Eve.  Asked them about the move of William Sonoma into the former space of Pottery Barn Kids.  Turns out most customers who buy from Pottery Barn Kids buy online, so William Sonoma saw an opportunity to move into the Hill Center.  Made perfect sense to me.  The Manager also mention that the Green Hill Mall was really focusing on bring "Boutique" and "Unique" Stores to the center.  I'm guessing mainly stores that have no other location in the area (excluding 2 of the anchor stores ;Macy's and Dillard's).   Heck!  I'm still waiting for a permanent See's Candy Store!  LOL     William Sonoma Corporation has to be very happy to have 3 of their brands in the same center,  West Elm, WS and PB.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ThreatLevelMidnight said:

Has anyone heard anything about what is happening near that corner? On West Trinity Lane, before Jacks, what are they putting where the old "Fat Mo's" and "Waffle House" used to be?

At 310 W Trinity? "CONSTRUCT A 950 SF BUILDING FOR DUTCH BROTHERS COFFEE."

• Like 1

On 1/26/2023 at 2:07 PM, markhollin said:

115 Duluth Ave. will be  a  6 story, 300. unit residential complex with 2,500 sq. ft. of ground level retail and an internal 363 capacity garage on 3 acres in Charlotte Park. Abiete Real Estate is the developer, having bought the property fro $5.12 million. a year ago. Consortium is the architect; Catalyst Design Group is in charge of land planning/engineering.  They will go before the Metro Planning Commission on March 9th to get the property rezoned to mixed use from industrial. Currently, a 1 story structure is on the. site that is home to Brantley Sound Assoc.

More behind The Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/charlotte-park-site-targeted-for-development/article_84b90738-9d9b-11ed-97c8-0f0b22c43ba1.html

And at NBJ here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2023/01/26/the-nations-apartments.html

115 Duluth, Jan 26, 2023, render 1.png

115 Duluth, Jan 26, 2023, render 2.png

115 Duluth, Jan 26, 2023, render 3.png

115 Duluth, Jan 26, 2023, render 4.png

115 Duluth, Jan 26, 2023, render 5.png

115 Duluth, Jan 26, 2023, render 6.png

115 Duluth, Jan 26, 2023, render 7.png

115 Duluth, Jan 26, 2023, render 8.png

115 Duluth, Jan 26, 2023, diagram.png

1733665933_115DuluthJan262023sitemap.png

Not sure if it'll matter, but everybody who voted on this voted "No" at the last neighborhood assn meeting. It would further strain Robertson even more than it already is with the increased housing density, among other reasons

Edited by ThunderOne

21 minutes ago, ThunderOne said:

Not sure if it'll matter, but everybody who voted on this voted "No" at the last neighborhood assn meeting. It would further strain Robertson even more than it already is with the increased housing density, among other reasons

I can see that. Roberton Ave is just not designed to handle much traffic. The truck traffic alone makes a mess of the street. Speaking if which, when is the tunnel supposed to be finished to get the trucks off of that street?

When I go through that area, I go over James and hit Centennial and then go Briley rather than go Robertson and wait at the light.

38 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

I can see that. Roberton Ave is just not designed to handle much traffic. The truck traffic alone makes a mess of the street. Speaking if which, when is the tunnel supposed to be finished to get the trucks off of that street?

When I go through that area, I go over James and hit Centennial and then go Briley rather than go Robertson and wait at the light.

That is exactly what I do as well. I believe the bridge is done, however the industrial businesses that use those dump trucks are having some trouble getting some of the truck drivers to actually use it.

3 hours ago, ThunderOne said:

That is exactly what I do as well. I believe the bridge is done, however the industrial businesses that use those dump trucks are having some trouble getting some of the truck drivers to actually use it.

Smells like sign and fine time to me. After all of that fuss and they continue to use the road, it seems as if MC Roberts would get involved.

20 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

Smells like sign and fine time to me. After all of that fuss and they continue to use the road, it seems as if MC Roberts would get involved.

They definitely do, I see them turning left from White Bridge onto Robertson all the time still. Not sure who I would contact to get sign/fine stuff implemented. Hub maybe? I have tried on a couple of occasions the past few years to reach MC and never heard back, so that's not an option. I can only imagine how much worse communication with constituents will be when the council is halved.

Edited by ThunderOne

4 hours ago, markhollin said:

The Hayden at 625 West Trinity (4 stories, 74 units) update: fencing and erosion barriers up.

Looking east from intersection of West Trinity Lane and Free Silver Rd:

Hayden, Feb 26, 2023.jpeg

The transformation of that former squalor zone is amazing!

• Like 1