Aertson Midtown (Buckingham) | 13 Fl Residential | 17 fl Kimpton Hotel | T/O

barakat

• 1 month later...

Nada, the latest restaurant to hit Nashville’s dining scene, is now serving housemade guacamole, 10 varieties of tacos and craft cocktails in Midtown inside the Aertson development. The eatery opened Monday at 202 21st Ave. S. alongside Caviar & Bananas and Henley.  The 6,000-square-foot space in the Aertson features an open kitchen, a 20 by 30-foot glowing bar and seating for 146 diners.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/money/2018/01/17/inside-nada-midtowns-new-mexican-eatery/1007628001/

Screen Shot 2018-01-17 at 10.52.51 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-01-17 at 10.53.01 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-01-17 at 10.53.13 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-01-17 at 10.53.33 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-01-17 at 10.53.43 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-01-17 at 10.54.04 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-01-17 at 10.54.18 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-01-17 at 10.54.29 AM.png

• Like 2

4 hours ago, MLBrumby said:

Nada? Spanish for "nothing"?  Wow! Advice to 96% of restaurant owners/operators: Don't try too hard to look chic. 

Also, I am about the farthest thing from being a design maven, but those white chairs and yellow chairs are a mega fail. 

Hope the food is good. 

This is reminiscent of the Nova car snafu in Latin America.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Too many high end restaurants opening. Yea call me negative, but we need to look at the numbers. We will continue to see a number of these high end restaurants close this year. Prima was a great example. I eat out on a pretty regular basis, and many of these are way, way over priced and the food is not that great. I hear people rave over a restaurant, then I try it, and many times I  am unimpressed or disappointed.

• Like 3

On ‎1‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 7:28 AM, smeagolsfree said:

Too many high end restaurants opening. Yea call me negative, but we need to look at the numbers. We will continue to see a number of these high end restaurants close this year. Prima was a great example. I eat out on a pretty regular basis, and many of these are way, way over priced and the food is not that great. I hear people rave over a restaurant, then I try it, and many times I  am unimpressed or disappointed.

I totally agree.  I travel often and there are way too many of the new restaurants that are priced almost exactly like many of the restaurants I go to in New York, Denver, Northern California.  I am also sick of small plates that are $15, salads that are $12-$15, entrees right at $40 then need to add a side dish.  I would love to see more restaurants have the prix fixe meals like they did during Restaurant Week and like you see all over Europe.  Three courses for $30 to $36 would be well received.  I also see most of these new, high end, restaurants charging 4 times the retail cost of wine.  A $12 retail bottle of wine is usually in the $45 to higher and I firmly believe that many people that know wine will not pay 4 times the retail cost for average wine and therefore don't order any.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
7 hours ago, BnaBreaker said:

Why would you be glad?  Indifferent, sure, but glad? Just dont go, right?

I’m not a vegetarian (my wife is a vegan), but I can understand why he feels that way. If you see the meat industry as a morally decrepit and devoid of decency, the natural follow-up couldn’t just be a “you do you, I’ll do me” indifference. Just my two cents, from an unapologetic meat eater. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Pdt2f said:

I’m not a vegetarian (my wife is a vegan), but I can understand why he feels that way. If you see the meat industry as a morally decrepit and devoid of decency, the natural follow-up couldn’t just be a “you do you, I’ll do me” indifference. Just my two cents, from an unapologetic meat eater. 

I mean, you definitely have  a point, and I agree that the industry itself is pretty disgusting, and yes, arguably unethical, at least when it comes to the giant factory farms and such, but that seems like all the more reason a vegetarian would support, at least philosophically, a place like Cochon Butcher, that uses as much as the animal as they can so as not to waste it, and sources their products from local organic farms that give the animal a good life.  Beyond that though, it just doesn't make sense to me why one would root for a food business to fail just because they aren't serving food you eat, but I digress.  

Edited by BnaBreaker
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Neigeville2 said:

I was just being flippant.  You're taking it more seriously than I meant it.

Ugh.  Sorry... I'm an idiot.  haha... I have vegetarian/vegan friends who've said stuff like that before so it didn't seem like much of a stretch.  

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Neigeville2 said:

I was just being flippant.  You're taking it more seriously than I meant it.

Eh, it brought up some interesting points though. I kind of figured you were kidding ;)

51 minutes ago, BnaBreaker said:

Ugh.  Sorry... I'm an idiot.  haha... I have vegetarian/vegan friends who've said stuff like that before so it didn't seem like much of a stretch.  

I live with that on a daily basis ;). My wife is pretty chill comparably speaking to other hardcore vegans I’ve met. Every once in a while we’ll get into a debate about something to do with the morality of veganism/meat eating, though. 

Edited by Pdt2f
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...