The Tennyson

Florida

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ohhh yeah... i will take one of those, and a pancake please! I would love some medievel hieght improvements made to the church right there also... its such a jewel, you should be able to see it from farther away...

the parking garage on the tenny sticks out (visually).. i wish it were less obtrusive.

Knowing how smooth you are Murphy... you could get in. If you do you should take your camera and shoot a few pictures for us. I'd like to see the Tennyson participate in the upcoming Parade of Homes. It would be really nice to allow the community to see how Urban Living is. This would really start a condo boom around here.

They would definately be a hit among singles, and young professionals. We've got to save room for the possibility of more office space in the downtown, because the housing boom will definately set off a demand for more office and retail space downtown.

Many of us have complained about the high price of the condos under construction. But remember, the Tennyson originally had units going for $130,000 and the Plaza Tower, up until recently had some going for $155,000. The Tallahassee Center also had a few in the $150,000 range but those are also gone. If you lock in your reservation at a preconstruction price you'll save. Having said that, its always the wealthy that start a trend toward something new. This will absolutely be no exception. I know many people look at Tallahassee and say, who would want to pay all that money to live in Downtown Tallahassee? Consider our market of Legislators, Lobbyist, Lawyers... the three L's are a powerful segment in this community. Many college students tend to forget that Tallahassee is the Capital of the best state in the union, and 4th largest. We will continue to grow as our state does. Not only is our downtown attractive for the three L's but those who can appreciate the site of a growing, Charming Antebellum city.

Gators,

When you say lit up are you refering to the outside of the building or thru the windows? I passed by last week at night and noticed crews inside... apparently working on interiors. Looked like they were moving in some appliances.

Has everyone had a chance to look at the Video from the Tallahassee Democrat website?

This link may work.

I am sure we have all noticed that the exterior finish on the bottom level (north side) is red instead of the proposed tan. Are we witnessing a mid-construction remodeling? I think the red looks quite nice. It will be interesting to see if they finish the front similarly.

((They seemed kinda cramped up there!))

Cramped in the video? Yeah!! I thought the same thing. Its really hard to get good shots of interiors with a normal camera. It seemed like whoever it was, was probably using a standard digital camera with a camcorder feature hince the lack of sound and poor image quality. I can't wait to see if they will feature these in the Parade this year. It would likely be my first stop.

They are kind of like shutters, or blinds. It is a fixed panel with slanted slits (like blinds that are angled to keep out the sun). They let air through, but sheild other weather and reflect sunlight to prevent direct exposure.

I presume they were chosen because they would let air flow through the parking deck.

Archived