The Tennyson

Florida

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ruth Chris Plot Thickens

In reviewing some documents for a proposed parking lot to go along with the Proposed Floridan proerty I ran across a mention of Ruth Chris. It was stated that with the plans for the new parking garage that would have to be built at the rear of the Floridan and Hyatt Place Hotel projects, there will be some extra parking. The document goes on to say this extra parking may be of use during off-peak hours for surrounding businesses and restaurants specifically mentioning "Ruth Chris" which I could only assume would be across the street as part of the Tennyson development.

I just thought I'd share this information with you all as we haven't had any type of update on the retail/restaurant plans for the Tennyson since construction began.

Ruth Chris specializes in U.S. Prime steaks, expertly executed seafood, New Orleans-inspired appetizers, unforgettable desserts and award winning wine list, this is a steakhouse to which others aspire. ---ruthchris.com

Nice shots TJ - glad you did not get run over on Monroe St. before you could post them! I tried to walk that way one day where the sidewalk is closed...it is too long a stretch walking on Monroe for me.

:lol: LOL. I know what you mean. I actually took those from the car as we drove by.

Thanks for the photos! You know, whenever I see a rendering for a proposed building, I always think to myself, "Yeah, but it won't look that good in real life." However, The Tennyson is looking better even than I recall the rendering looking. I'm quite amazed at the attractiveness and level of detail present in those photos. Kudos to the design and construction teams!

I have to give the crew workers there props

on paiting the Tennyson. They have been moving really fast on that.

You aren't kidding. Just over the weekend they painted the entire Northern Wall of the building. I was shocked to see how nicely it turned out today. If the weather was better I would have taken a picture of it. For the moment I was looking at it, I was so proud of them and it actually felt as if the building was complete. The crews are still working on the fron the building. I can't wait to see it after the balconies, molding, and lighting are complete.

A splash of pink would make me like it even more. Bring it on!

Hey TJ, a little "birdie" told me that Ruth Chris might be trying to defect from the Tennyson to another condo project. Have you heard anything about this? Another condo project to me mostly likely means The Plaza. I'm sure Ruth Chris would like to be closer to the Capitol and all the "fat cats." Of course it could mean the new project that is going up at the old BP. But that would mean quite a wait for them to come into our market. And of course this could just be a silly rumor. Let me know if you hear anything along these lines and I'll do the same.

A splash of pink would make me like it even more. Bring it on!

Hey TJ, a little "birdie" told me that Ruth Chris might be trying to defect from the Tennyson to another condo project. Have you heard anything about this? Another condo project to me mostly likely means The Plaza. I'm sure Ruth Chris would like to be closer to the Capitol and all the "fat cats." Of course it could mean the new project that is going up at the old BP. But that would mean quite a wait for them to come into our market. And of course this could just be a silly rumor. Let me know if you hear anything along these lines and I'll do the same.

Hmm... the birdy didn't visit me on this issue. But it would make since now that you say it. I had a conversation with Plaza Tower Realty executive and he mentioned a major restaurant looking to take over one of the two spaces that building will have. He didn't mention any names... but you're right, with the Capitol and the courts so close it would be more of a prime location for the daily lunch crowd, and elite diners.

Still the Tennyson is a high traffic location... but parking may be an issue until things are sorted out with the Floridan Property OR until something could be done with the surrounding Capital City Bank parking areas.

I've been thinking abotu the little building next to the Tennyson, since Poother surfaced the rumor about Ruth Chris considering other locations downtown.... if that infact is the case... what will become of this "cute" little building next to the Tennyson. I've also questioned wether or not the Sprint Tower Antenna will be put back up after this building is complete. That Antenna, although thin and ugly, was tall enough to add some character to our downtown. I'd like to see it return.

I've been thinking abotu the little building next to the Tennyson, since Poother surfaced the rumor about Ruth Chris considering other locations downtown.... if that infact is the case... what will become of this "cute" little building next to the Tennyson. I've also questioned wether or not the Sprint Tower Antenna will be put back up after this building is complete. That Antenna, although thin and ugly, was tall enough to add some character to our downtown. I'd like to see it return.

YUMMY! Right next door to The Tennyson would be a great location for a Ruth's Chris Steakhouse....we'll have to keep our fingers crossed. :)

As far as the Sprint building microwave relay tower, I'm not 100% sure so I'll have to check but I don't think we'll see this go back up. With the advent of newer digital technology, fiber optics, voice over IP, etc. most of the old microwave relay towers that still exist aren't even being used anymore....at least not for the purpose they were originally erected for. They were once used to transfer telephone voice traffic between local exchange switches & for long distance calls via microwave-band radio frequencies. The microwave dishes were big & heavy so that's why the towers were so stout. Most of them around the country have been taken down or were bought by a consortium of cell phone companies to use as a co-location tower site. Sorry to disappoint you,TJ :(

YUMMY! Right next door to The Tennyson would be a great location for a Ruth's Chris Steakhouse....we'll have to keep our fingers crossed. :)

As far as the Sprint building microwave relay tower, I'm not 100% sure so I'll have to check but I don't think we'll see this go back up. With the advent of newer digital technology, fiber optics, voice over IP, etc. most of the old microwave relay towers that still exist aren't even being used anymore....at least not for the purpose they were originally erected for. They were once used to transfer telephone voice traffic between local exchange switches & for long distance calls via microwave-band radio frequencies. The microwave dishes were big & heavy so that's why the towers were so stout. Most of them around the country have been taken down or were bought by a consortium of cell phone companies to use as a co-location tower site. Sorry to disappoint you,TJ :(

:cry: Why Glenn? WHY!!!!!!!! Didn't I give you everything!? :lol:

I suppose I can live with the fact that its not going back up... it was ugly anyway. But it was a spot on our little skyline. I suppose what I should really look forward to are the extra towers that well see go up in the future!

Archived