The Tennyson

Florida

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A splash of pink would make me like it even more. Bring it on!

Hey TJ, a little "birdie" told me that Ruth Chris might be trying to defect from the Tennyson to another condo project. Have you heard anything about this? Another condo project to me mostly likely means The Plaza. I'm sure Ruth Chris would like to be closer to the Capitol and all the "fat cats." Of course it could mean the new project that is going up at the old BP. But that would mean quite a wait for them to come into our market. And of course this could just be a silly rumor. Let me know if you hear anything along these lines and I'll do the same.

Poonther... have you heard any more news about Ruth Chris from your little birdy?

If I were a betting man (and sometimes I am) I'd put money on R.C. Steakhouse at the Plaza!

Damn I hope I don't have to eat those words! :(

I've never heard of R.C. before. I know the Plaza has a big time restaurant waiting to come online. I'm hoping its not Ruth Chris... as that restaurant is a perfect fit for the Tennyson site.

Does R.C. have a website?

I've never heard of R.C. before. I know the Plaza has a big time restaurant waiting to come online. I'm hoping its not Ruth Chris... as that restaurant is a perfect fit for the Tennyson site.

Does R.C. have a website?

R.C. = Ruth Chris in shorthand.

Sorry for the confusion.

I'm hoping its not Ruth Chris... as that restaurant is a perfect fit for the Tennyson site.

Hmm...I was just thinking the Plaza would probably be a better site than the Tennyson for Ruth Chris. It would be a good compliment to Harry's, and make Kleman Plaza a more high profile place. It would also draw more from the capital during session, after all these rules are changed very soon.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I like how the parking garage (except for the lower level) isn't "exposed" but instead covered up with faux shutters. FSU needs to do something like that to its garages ;)

I'm glad to see people posting around here again, it's been dead around here for a week!

I walked by Tennyson yesterday and during the parade on Saturday and it is looking really nice. I did not realize that they have a really big "drive through" area in the middle, but I just saw the lower level plans and it makes good sense. I had never thought about driving access from monroe, but I guess that is because I never thought about living there.

ground_floor_th.gif

I thought to myself that our old plans to renovate the old county library that was there before might have turned out great, but this is much, much better.

Also, it appears that they are definitely going with a red base on the building, which is different than what was showing on the renderings.

Tennyson looks like it's almost ready to move into. Today as I passed, they were pouring cement in front of the building having already planted new trees eariler this week. The entire building is beautiful. I can't wait to see the moving trucks and the restaurant and shops open.

Archived