The Tennyson

Florida

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where do you work Tallaman? I'm wondering if they'll be covering the entire outside of the building in that yellow panel. It seems they are purposely not doing certain spots.

I'm still guessing the opening of the building will be this winter... only because the project has been on track thus far. Before I even start to think about the inside, I need to see some bricks and mortar on the outside. I can't wait to see how they decide to light the place up.

I'm also excited about the possibility of having a Ruth Cris.

I work in the Bloxham Bldg. I expect that the entire building will get the yellow panels (insulation panels and moisture protection?) eventually. The rendering leads me to believe the outside will be stucco and paint. I'm sure it will be magical when finished and lit. Professionally, my interest is in the property tax implications.

Opening this winter will be optimistic (IMO) - it's already late September and the interior details are always what seem to take the longest with large buildings, especially large buildings like this with individual units. I could be wrong... I can't wait to see the Winter and Spring parades goes past the Tennyson, and also the new one proposed yesterday, with the throngs crowding the streets.

I think the Tennyson, and the proposed building should be very compatible in both size and character in order to establish the downtown as a solid Urban area. The reason I say solid is because the downtown for all practical measures is urban now, however, if we're going to try to use our downtown as an asset to attract businesses and such, we need the denisty that CSMurphy is excited about, coupled with the excitement that people bring, and the modern character of taller buildings. Monroe is the perfect place to start this. I'd like to see the newer building go taller, however, as a non-owner of the property, I'll take what they give us... I just hope its pretty.

I'm loving the fact that we have the downtown CRA, Tallaman's comments about his interest in the tax base reminded me of this. The CRA will allow us to further develop the infrastructure downtown especially in areas like Cascades where we're about to begin work, and It'll also give us funds to implement the downtown connectivity plan.

I'd share your feelings if this were the only thing we had going downtown. But as I've said time and time again... this is the beginning. Tennyson was the start. The door is open my friend. There will be so much construction downtown in the next few years, we'll all be sick of it. We'll probably say to ourselves, I didn't know we'd end up like this. I think it'll be exciting.

Did i perhapes see some shaping other than the crown atop the tenny today?!? or am i dreaming. But from tharpe and tennessee (as close as i got to DT today) i thought i saw something. If anyone sees anyhting...

I was thinking about this the other day... there is such a large difference in the amount of space between the top floor and the crane arm at the tenny vs how tight the crane on tally centers looks like it will be to the top floor. Maybe the tenny has some more surprises. the rendering is a worms eye view (sidewalk view) but maybe I am being overly anxious and tired all at once.

Tennyson.. cant it be done now?????? I want it to be done, and the Tallahassee center... cause i want to see people coming in and out of the condos... I wanna see a congested downtown, thats lively

O ya and too add something..... The IMAX, Challenger Center, once tallahassee center is done and plaza tower is done.... people will go to the movies all the time, so we wont have to worry about supporting it anymore., on a budget shortfall.

^Oh I think we'll still have to worry about supporting them!

The Challenger/IMAX has done a great job in years since its completion in hosting elementary school field trips as it was designed to do. I believe both schools should reserve about 2 Billboards, one on The Parkway, one on Gaines or Tennessee, and One off of I-10 that really stand out and attract visitors, and residents and give them directions to the facility, because believe it or not, many people in Tallahassee still don't know where Kleman Plaza is. It shocks me everytime I have to explain it to someone.

Budget short falls will just be absorbed into the two school's budgets... so I wouldn't worry much about that part. Although we don't want this to become a money loser, its there for educational purposes... as the staff likes to stress. A few more Matrix's or Batman Begins, or Spider Mans and this place will be jumpin'.

I am also looking forward to the 24 hour pressence of DT... Last night (as i may have mentioned) we went swimming at 3 am-ish and DT was empty... i literally peed on monroe (i was sooo drunk) while walking backwards. I garentee that once people move in, wiedos like me will move out! It will be awsome to see the lights on at 9 pm in all the rooms! I think about it alot. It will be nice!

^Uugh!!! I'm surprised you didn't get arrested for indecent exposure in public places. I would have put you in jail... you little nasty! :D

Why would you pee on the streets of the city you love? I sure hope those 24 hour residents wouldn't like to look out of their windows at someone taking a leak on the ground walking backwards!

As a side note... the sky was beautiful today as I drove back into the downtown area from Thomasville road. Going south on Monroe I saw the most beautiful refelction of clouds off of the yellow panels on the Tennyson, and the glare of the blue from the windows of the Hancock bank building. It was quite a scenic moment.

Today for the first time I noticed that the entire North wall of the Tennyson is covered in yellow panel. They have a little bit to finish on the east and west sides, right at the top. Looking at this building I can't help but smile, I can't thank Sonny Granger enough for getting the ball rolling downtown again. What a pioneer!

Archived