EpiCentre Retail

DigitalSky

So what exactly is the dress code for the Epicentre movies? Can you wear nice jeans or are jeans not allowed at all? I'm assuming the dress code is for after 7 pm only? They really need to make a website with all this information so people know what you can and cannot wear to avoid confusion at the door.

When I was there I saw people with jeans, and it was after 7. I'm guessing noticeably ripped jeans might be a problem.

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since Jeans have managed to get their way into the workplace, and when in good shape are excepted most anywhere, I don't think epicentre would/could prohibit it. Jeans are the staple of the current generation, and can run more expensive than slacks. I can't think of many places in town you cannot wear jeans that is public. Heck even private country clubs have started to get more accepting of jeans.

I don't know for certain about these things, but I will say that Strike City looks to be about 80% complete. The outside signage is up (if not powered up), the lanes are in place, the TV and scoring screens. You can see the pin return systems through the back windows on the Lynx platform - so my guess is a couple of weeks at the most until it's ready. Wild Wings Cafe is also about as far along in construction. The wall coverings are all done and tables in place. I don't know anything about the kitchens though. Also, the CVS is very close. The carpeting went in this week, and the isle signage. They will start to put in the fixtures soon - my company works with CVS and I have not gotten a new-store set-up schedule yet, but I probably missed it on the schedule - it's gotta be close. Oh, and the pizza place - Libertinos (??) I think has everything in place now too. I don't know anything about the restaurant industry and I don't know how long it takes to staff, train and open a new restaurant.

I don't know for certain about these things, but I will say that Strike City looks to be about 80% complete. The outside signage is up (if not powered up), the lanes are in place, the TV and scoring screens. You can see the pin return systems through the back windows on the Lynx platform - so my guess is a couple of weeks at the most until it's ready. Wild Wings Cafe is also about as far along in construction. The wall coverings are all done and tables in place. I don't know anything about the kitchens though. Also, the CVS is very close. The carpeting went in this week, and the isle signage. They will start to put in the fixtures soon - my company works with CVS and I have not gotten a new-store set-up schedule yet, but I probably missed it on the schedule - it's gotta be close. Oh, and the pizza place - Libertinos (??) I think has everything in place now too. I don't know anything about the restaurant industry and I don't know how long it takes to staff, train and open a new restaurant.

I would say by February there will definately be more action going on! :)

When I was in for an interview for Strike City in the middle of December I was told Jan. 15th. I was told CVS will open around the 1st of Feb.

• Wild Wing Cafe opens at the EpiCentre on Friday, just in time for this weekend's playoff games. They'll have live music from Tokyo Joe after the Panthers beat the Cardinals Saturday night.
  • StrikeCity, the new bowling alley and lounge at the EpiCentre, is tentatively set to open Jan. 29.
  • Also coming soon to the EpiCentre is Libretto's Pizza. Get a taste of real New York City pizza from this Manhattan parlor.

Heres an update from Sarah Aarthun on the Epicentre openings. I am quite excited to have a wildwings at epicentre. If/When I move back to charlotte, I will definately frequent it often!

^I can't wait to see this complex before and after the Panthers game Saturday night. Unless we have lots of rain, center city will be crawling with people, tailgaters going in, and tailgaters and celebrants who aren't going to the game but want to be nearby. I know a lot of friends hitting the uptown sports bars, who live out of the core, for the game and we are all meeting out at the bars afterwards. It'll be a fun Saturday night to spend downtown if you like this atmosphere!

My girlfriend and I ate and drank at Wild Wing Cafe tonight. I was actually unaware that tonight was the first official night open. It sure didn't seem like it - the staff was spot-on with service even though it was packed. I have to say...I know this is a chain, but the food was great! We got the chicken queso dip, which was heavenly and then split a plate of "Chicken Feathers," which are grilled chicken breast tenders on skewers dipped in one of the 30-some sauces they offer. They were wonderful - in fact, I don't think I will ever be able to order wings there after having them. The flavor from the grilling rather than deep-frying was just incredible. And to think that they were noted as the "healthy" option on the menu. I doubt I'd lose any weight eating those every day, but they are really an awesome alternative to the wings - and better in flavor if you ask me. Also, Wild Wing has a whole page on their drink menu dedicated to Firefly drinks - and we tried 2 of them, both which were great (I have yet to taste anything with Firefly in it that didn't, though). The staff was very attentive and courteous, and the band (U-Phonik) was great, playing stuff from The Killers, U2, Rage Against the Machine, Oasis, Weezer, Jet, etc. - better than your typical bar band. They are there next Friday and then two Fridays after that as well.

We then closed the night with a trip to Aloft to go to bar xyz. So, we go up to the 5th floor where the lobby is, and we were wowed by the atmosphere. But even more, we were wowed by the friendliness. "Aloha" is the greeting you'll hear. We walked to the bar, which is a very casual, but elegant atmosphere. There were people playing Jenga on a giant ottoman, chess boards on the tables, and a small billiards table. When the waitress sat us at a huge couch (literally - the back was like 5 feet tall), she asked us for our drink order and if we were staying there. We said no, and so she offered to show us a room while she got our drinks. So, we got a key card and went to the 12th floor to check out a room. It's really a first-class spot, I have to say. I have stayed in plenty of 4-star hotels, but the rooms in this place are just beautiful. They are small - very small, compared with what you might find elsewhere in Charlotte in the same calibre. Modern, elegant decor and just great function in the rooms. You can plug your laptop into a VGA or HDMI port to display it on the 42-inch plasma. There are more amenities than typical (what hotel have you seen in the US that gives you a bottle of facial scrub?). Two wireless phones - one on the desk and one by the bed - are available. The room really reminded me of my stay in the Chicago Hyatt Regency, which is the nicest Hyatt I have stayed at (but a bit smaller). So, the rooms were great...we went back down to the bar, and our table was still reserved with our drinks waiting. Excellent service followed, and I have nothing but good things to say about this hotel. First-class service is what we got, and we weren't even staying there. Rest assured that the next conference my company has in town, I will be recommending this hotel over any others. Totally impressed.

Everytime I go here or go by here I notice something new and cool. Last night's discovery...the rotating signs for Wild Wings and CVS. Very small but very cool touches.

Yes and the lit up rotating bowling pin too! Details like that make it so much more visually interesting...

I heard Cantina 1511 is going to open an operation here. That's good news if true; downtown really needs a good Mexican restaurant.

i'll give it a chance but i found cantina on east to be the worst mexican restaurant i've ever been to. their tex-mex stuff looked better than the regular combo i got, maybe thats the problem. don't put a sprig of cilantro on top of a mushy $3 enchilada and charge me $9 for it.

/rant. looking forward to good margaritas at least!

i'll give it a chance but i found cantina on east to be the worst mexican restaurant i've ever been to. their tex-mex stuff looked better than the regular combo i got, maybe thats the problem. don't put a sprig of cilantro on top of a mushy $3 enchilada and charge me $9 for it.

You must have passed on the Made At Your Table guacamole. They mix everything together right there and mash in fresh alvacado halves. Mmmmmmm...so good.

Some of their stuff is a bit weird though.

The food is good there but I wouldn't recommend the enchilidas. Their fajitas are really good as well as there guacamole, quesadillas, tacos, and burritos. If you like pork, the Barbacoa dish is awesome. It isn't a traditional mexican restaurant as it is more on the "upscale" side and the menu is more like mexican-fusion. I am assuming they are closing the East Boulevard restaurant if they are moving downtown.

CHS owns the Cantina building on East now and their lease is up in a few years. So it makes sense for them to moving to Epicentre.

Can you please confirm that CHS now owns 1511 East Boulevard? In my last meeting with CHS in November, they did not own this building and they said emphatically that all purchases in the Four Blocks had been put on hold, for now. I have checked the Register of Deeds site since then and I have not seen any change in ownership of 1511 East Boulevard.

Archived