EpiCentre Retail

DigitalSky

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's supposed to be put in the space on the bottom floor across from Blackfinn? Its completely empty with nothing but what appears to be a staging area for equipment.

i've heard it could be a mexican restaurant, but i don't think any leases have been signed yet.

I looked inside the windows of the Epicentre Theaters (or as the sign out on College read: Epic Center)....I don't know much about how long it takes to build out a movie theater, but I don't see how this place can be ready in 5 days.

According to a source who knows the management of the theaters, the opening has been moved to mid-dec. They are still waiting on the delivery of the projectors. I was also under the impression that none of the staff have been have been hired and probably wont be until after Thanksgiving. I do know for a fact, that the lounge/bar Mez has started hiring and should open before the Theaters but I do not have a date yet.

I looked at the 210 trade web cam this morning and noticed how the 210 trade site is starting to suffer from the weather (looks like rusting) where they were building the condo tower. How long before a decision is made on this? Will they somehow utilize the existing structure? I can't imagine many people would want to see this thing deteriorate for too long. If they don't build an structure here, I suggest making it a green space.

According to a source who knows the management of the theaters, the opening has been moved to mid-dec. They are still waiting on the delivery of the projectors. I was also under the impression that none of the staff have been have been hired and probably wont be until after Thanksgiving. I do know for a fact, that the lounge/bar Mez has started hiring and should open before the Theaters but I do not have a date yet.

I am not quite clear on how Mez is different from the theaters, but I guess they are considering them as separate but will be interelated once they both open. Anyway, the Mez signs are now up all over the place (they may have been for a while, but I hadn't seen them until recently), and they list a November opening on the window stickers.

^I think it's on the ledge side (below 210). 2nd floor, like right near the elevators.

I looked through an open doorway at the Theaters and was able to see concrete/steel forms for the underside of the stadium seating. They had fire insulation on the underside but were were still a work in progress.

How are the bars/clubs at the Epicentre doing? Are they still packed?

Everyone knows well how the new cool bar does great business in Charlotte until people get tired of it. I wonder if this project is especially vulnerable to vacancy because it has several nightclubs- ie- if one went dark, they would all go dark...?

I would have to guess that any popularity they enjoy is mainly because they are new. I thought Whisky River was pretty lame- Cosmos meets Buckhead...

I was in Blackfinn before and after the Bobcats game last night for a while, and yes all are still packed, lines to get in Blackfinn and Suite and a constant, steady stream of people into Whisky River. Howl at the Moon also packs itself out regularly due to their "you've won a party for 100 people" ploy that they give to 4-5 people a week. I think they all will be packed for a long time (in Charlotte terms). They have access to the Lynx directly, have a parking garage attached to them just for them, and have a good mix of places to hop around without leaving the block.

I'm not saying they are the best bars ever, as they are ALL chains, and pretty generic, but it provides a good place to gather with something for most people.

Like QCKid said the Epicentre bars and clubs are doing extremely well. They will continue to do well for a while especially when the whole complex gets completed and has its grand opening next summer. The only thing I see taking some of the business away from Epicentre, is the NC Music Factory which suppose to have its grand opening Summer 2009, too. I believe NC Music Factory is suppose to have somewhere close to 10+ bars & nightclubs not to mention resturants as well.

I looked at the 210 trade web cam this morning and noticed how the 210 trade site is starting to suffer from the weather (looks like rusting) where they were building the condo tower. How long before a decision is made on this? Will they somehow utilize the existing structure? I can't imagine many people would want to see this thing deteriorate for too long. If they don't build an structure here, I suggest making it a green space.

I'm not a structural engineer by any means, but I think rebar/steel is designed to rust a little, and it does it pretty quickly. I would also like to see them do something to make it more attractive in the meantime.

I'm not a structural engineer by any means, but I think rebar/steel is designed to rust a little, and it does it pretty quickly. I would also like to see them do something to make it more attractive in the meantime.

Skyline Putt Putt Course maybe?

210 and its issues aside, its been great to see the energy and crowds that have been at Epicentre everytime we've gone there. This includes lunchtime for the restuarants, late night ice cream, and the bar scene (which we actually quit going to because it was TOO crowded!). It'll be interesting to watch once the movies and bowling are open and The Ritz and Aloft are open and have people staying there. Considering all the ongoing construction and roped off areas this has been quite a success even though it isn't fully complete.

Does anybody know what type of signage the bowling alley will have. I think there were pictures of a big bowling pin on some ofthe original renderings? Will the movie cinema have a marquis or movie posters on street level. I see the Epicenter Theaters signage, but people passing by on trade should be ableto see whats playing. I think movie ads across the back side of epicenter would be cool. I am talking about the spot that had the big Kasey Kahne poster during speed street.

Archived