Richmond's Suburban Developments

wrldcoupe4

11 hours ago, Brent114 said:

The service is good.  The food is trash. 

There was a time that I was never going to eat at chick-fil-a again, but have had a few sandwiches since. This was prior to  my knowledge of their political stances, though I should have had a clue being closed on Sunday. This happened in the mid 2000’s, they went after a t-shirt shop in Vermont for printing the phrase “eat-more-kale” on stickers and t- shirts. Chick-fil-a said “eat more” was their trademark and to cease and desist. It turned into a lengthy saga, the t-shirt store owner dragged it out and profited off of this and was criticized. I was surprised at how chick-fil-a was so concerned over a small town shop making a few stickers and t-shirts. When this happened, I said I’ll not eat there again, until one day my now old office brought them for lunch and since then, which was about 3 years ago,  I’ve had them a couple more times, I broke my word.

https://time.com/3631523/eat-more-kale-slogan-chik-fil-a/

Edited by Hike
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, Hike said:

There was a time that I was never going to eat at chick-fil-a again, but have had a few sandwiches since. This was prior to  my knowledge of their political stances, though I should have had a clue being closed on Sunday. This happened in the mid 2000’s, they went after a t-shirt shop in Vermont for printing the phrase “eat-more-kale” on stickers and t- shirts. Chick-fil-a said “eat more” was their trademark and to cease and desist. It turned into a lengthy saga, the t-shirt store owner dragged it out and profited off of this and was criticized. I was surprised at how chick-fil-a was so concerned over a small town shop making a few stickers and t-shirts. When this happened, I said I’ll not eat there again, until one day my now old office brought them for lunch and since then, which was about 3 years ago,  I’ve had them a couple more times, I broke my word.

https://time.com/3631523/eat-more-kale-slogan-chik-fil-a/

I'm with you, mate.

I haven't eaten Chick-fil-A in years mainly bc I haven't eaten fast food in years, mainly for both health and cost reasons. It's just always been cheaper to cook and prepare meals at home - and my ex wife is a PHENOMENAL cook (I told her time and again she should have competed for a spot in Hell's Kitchen - she's THAT creative!) Mind you, I'd suggest we eat out every now and then (and that's bloody expensive with three kids) and she (half-jokingly) took umbrage with the suggestion (which was meant to relieve her of having to cook every day/night) saying (tongue-in-cheek) - "what, my food isn't good enough for this family?"  Mind you - the kids liked my cooking but it was nowhere close to the quality of what she could make. And my ex, being a very kind and considerate soul (we are still very close friends, believe it or not) would never EVER criticize my cooking (even though she clearly knew it paled in comparison to her offerings) and was always grateful when I'd pitch in and cook. The kids always looked forward to "dad food" :tw_glasses: even though their mother prepared gourmet-level meals every single day/night. :tw_smile:

All of that to say - I haven't eaten at Chick-fil-A in eons.

Edited by I miss RVA
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, I miss RVA said:

I'm with you, mate.

I haven't eaten Chick-fil-A in years mainly bc I haven't eaten fast food in years, mainly for both health and cost reasons. It's just always been cheaper to cook and prepare meals at home - and my ex wife is a PHENOMENAL cook (I told her time and again she should have competed for a spot in Hell's Kitchen - she's THAT creative!) Mind you, I'd suggest we eat out every now and then (and that's bloody expensive with three kids) and she (half-jokingly) took umbrage with the suggestion (which was meant to relieve her of having to cook every day/night) saying (tongue-in-cheek) - "what, my food isn't good enough for this family?"  Mind you - the kids liked my cooking but it was nowhere close to the quality of what she could make. 

All of that to say - I haven't eaten at Chick-fil-A in eons.

Gotta say, my wife’s cooking is good too, feel lucky. I had no idea when we married how good a cook I found. Early on we both worked and bought ready made meals from grocery stores, heat and eat type or just ate food at home that wasn’t complex. When my wife retired she started cooking and for several reasons, cost and health, as ready mades,  etc. are salty and typically high calorie, so we never go out anymore, years, and pre-COVID too. It saves money to get other stuff, like hiking gear! I don’t miss it and really enjoy our time dining at home, no children, but it’s our family dinner, love the process and the time spent together. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Hike said:

I don’t miss it and really enjoy our time dining at home, no children, but it’s our family dinner, love the process and the time spent together. 

image.png.ffe1931e6e61252a02f61fa71f4df9e0.png - this!! ^^^^^^^

If there's anything, being divorced, that I miss (aside from the companionship - romantic and otherwise, etc.) it's the nightly gathering around the dinner table. It was our daily "ritual" (if you will) to reconnect as a family - to check in with the kids and really engage with them - to LISTEN to them (because the kids ALWAYS had a LOT to say at dinner - school stuff, friends, fun things they were doing, asking lots of questions about stuff they were interested in, teaching moments, etc.) I miss those days. 

Either way - the glue that held all of that together was cooking -- and the kids would help out, too! They're SOOOOOOO much fun in the kitchen - although my ex and I still laugh at this following exchange:

One of the kids: "Mom - what'cha making?"

My ex: "Get out!" :tw_joy:

Like Chef Ramsay, she runs a tight kitchen. :tw_wink:

Edited by I miss RVA
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, I miss RVA said:

image.png.ffe1931e6e61252a02f61fa71f4df9e0.png - this!! ^^^^^^^

If there's anything, being divorced, that I miss (aside from the companionship - romantic and otherwise, etc.) it's the nightly gathering around the dinner table. It was our daily "ritual" (if you will) to reconnect as a family - to check in with the kids and really engage with them - to LISTEN to them (because the kids ALWAYS had a LOT to say at dinner - school stuff, friends, fun things they were doing, asking lots of questions about stuff they were interested in, teaching moments, etc.) I miss those days. 

Either way - the glue that held all of that together was cooking -- and the kids would help out, too! They're SOOOOOOO much fun in the kitchen - although my ex and I still laugh at this following exchange:

One of the kids: "Mom - what'cha making?"

My ex: "Get out!" :tw_joy:

Like Chef Ramsay, she runs a tight kitchen. :tw_wink:

My wife tells me to get out too when she’s cooking, I feel like a kid again when she does that.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Hike said:

My wife tells me to get out too when she’s cooking, I feel like a kid again when she does that.

Hopefully she doesn't drop F-bombs or call you a "donkey" or a "donut" when she gives you the ol' heave-ho from the kitchen (a la Chef when giving his acolytes a blistering dressing down and tossing them from the red or blue kitchen) :tw_wink:

Edited by I miss RVA
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, I miss RVA said:

Hopefully she doesn't drop F-bombs or call you a "donkey" or a "donut" when she gives you the ol' heave-ho from the kitchen (a la Chef when giving his acolytes a blistering dressing down and tossing them from the red or blue kitchen) :tw_wink:

No, just get the, “it’s my kitchen” 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, I miss RVA said:

And you and I BOTH (well - really all of us on here) know the ONLY correct answer to that one:

"Yes ma'am!"

(Or those of us REALLY old-school Southern boys - "Yessum!!")

:tw_joy: 

If I want dinner I’m getting out of that kitchen and I’m actually good with that, when in there I’m usually trying to “help” but it’s never perceived as that.

• Haha 1

Interesting developments in RVA's western suburban CRE market: Lingerfelt has sold it's big 11-building real estate portfolio in the Innsbrook area to Charlottesville-based Seminole Trail Management for $119 million. Seminole specializes in multi-family residential development - so, particularly with the economy (inflation, construction costs, interest rates) and market conditions what they are at the moment, it remains to be seen what will happen with plans Lingerfelt had to redevelop large oceans of surface parking into more urban-core multifamily/mixed used properties (which I believe we've featured earlier in this thread). Interesting read in the commentary to the article as to whether this change of hands of these properties will delay such projects or actually speed up the process, since Lingerfelt's expertise has been in office development whereas Seminole's sweet spot is multi-family residential. Either way, the future looks to be quite interesting.

Would love to hear from our CRE gurus for some expert thoughts and opinions.

From today's Richmond BizSense.

https://richmondbizsense.com/2022/12/20/lingerfelt-sells-11-building-portfolio-in-and-around-innsbrook-for-119m/

Screenshot (2653).png

Edited by I miss RVA

10 minutes ago, Child2021 said:

Merry Christmas everyone, I wanted to annouce that the Lego development has begun massive site work. 

Merry Christmas!! Holy wow - you're doubling as Santa this year - a GREAT Christmas present with the beginning of site work on the LEGO factory!

Ummm... any chance for ... you know... ???   Camera2.jpg.e79d56c6b3d100c7c8afa65d0c5cdd04.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Hike said:

And it’s raising the port-o-potty, it’s a Christmas miracle.

TRULY, it is indeed a Christmas miracle. (Hopefully, there's no LEGO construction working INSIDE the port-o-potty as it's being raised...) :tw_flushed:

Reminds me of when the Children's Hospital expansion was underway a couple of years ago. Seems like tower cranes and port-o-potties just somehow go together.

XNOMSKs.jpeg

42ajkyg9htj61.webp

Edited by I miss RVA
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, I miss RVA said:

TRULY, it is indeed a Christmas miracle. (Hopefully, there's no LEGO construction working INSIDE the port-o-potty as it's being raised...) :tw_flushed:

Reminds me of when the Children's Hospital expansion was underway a couple of years ago. Seems like tower cranes and port-o-potties just somehow go together.

XNOMSKs.jpeg

42ajkyg9htj61.webp

They even have the “work inside” I’ll just leave this here, yes, they even have a #2 for those that need to have it all. 

D64BF9FA-49FF-437C-9F6C-12DD0A60B535.jpeg

Edited by Hike
  • Haha 4

12 minutes ago, I miss RVA said:

WAIT - does this mean that our new LEGO factory will be making...  PLASTIC POO???  😱 😳

It seems that way, had no idea they’d be this detailed. I’ll have to say, my latest posts are truly living up to the term “shi* posts.”

• Haha 3