Richmond's Suburban Developments

wrldcoupe4

1 hour ago, Brent114 said:

I’m loving that the counties are actually starting to pull their weight (IMO the lack of amenities/destinations in the counties is just about the biggest thing holding Richmond back at the moment). 

I wish that Richmond reporters would learn the world mid-rise.   10 floors isn’t a tower and I’m tired of getting my hopes dashed when I learn that “tower” doesn’t mean a sleek 30 floor condo on Patterson. 

THANK YOU!!!! I second your motion! OMG!

Fully agreed, my friend. TEN STORIES IS NOT A TOWER!!!  Oh wait - I forget - because of our very small market size, we have to put everything into "Richmond scale" - in which case, the 8-story newbie at 219 W. Broad is probably considered a "tower". (I flat out cannot eye roll or face palm hard enough...)

Edited by I miss RVA
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Child2021 said:

Man meadowville is rolling my aunt owns 150 acres on Enon church road just right down the street next to itac. It’s the old brown and Williamson tobacco plant. She bought it fixed it up and leases it to numerous tenants it’s almost 100 percent leased last I heard. Take this with a grain of salt a very big grain of salt as I haven’t seen or heard of it from anyone else other than her but she apparently has meetings and talks with people in the business community she had heard somewhere round that area where meadowville and her property along enon church road is that google was looking to build around there and looking at property in that neck of the woods. So like I said take that with a very big grain of salt not sure how true it is but this has been a while ago since I have heard of it.

• Like 1

https://richmondbizsense.com/2022/09/12/apartments-next-to-kinsale-headquarters-sell-for-91m/

This would be a solid price even by Nashville standards. Knox at Metrocenter, probably the best comp for this, sold for $372k a door. This sold for $350k a door, which is pretty close. It would be the 6th-highest per-SF price in Nashville for wood-frame.

This is good news. This will help out the underwriting a lot.

Edited by upzoningisgood
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

New development being pitched for just southeast of the Chesterfield County Airport - Wow - as Bruce points out in his commentary, that whole stretch of Route 10 between Chippenham and the 288 beltway is going nuclear with development. I have a feeling plenty more will be on the way in the near future.

https://richmondbizsense.com/2022/09/12/chesterfield-sets-stage-for-commercial-development-at-county-airport/

Chesterfield-airport1.png

• Like 3

Another large project teed up for Midlothian - 350 apartments (check out the five-story building in the rendering!) - and a Whole Foods. Wow... it blows my mind sometimes. When I was a kid (mind you, we're talking 50-plus years ago) one of my uncles (my dad's oldest or second oldest brother) had an antiques and upholstery shop in Midlothian when it (the town) was literally little more than a wide spot in the road on Route 60. I think the whole town constituted at best one or two intersections on U.S. 60 -- and no traffic lights -- in those days. And now? Just amazing and wonderful to see! Loving all of this! BRING IT ON!!! :tw_thumbsup:

(Now we need to get a PULSE line run out to Midlothian...)

From today's Richmond BizSense:

https://richmondbizsense.com/2022/09/16/developer-known-for-whole-foods-anchored-projects-plans-175m-mixed-use-center-in-midlothian/

depot1.png

depot2.png

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, I miss RVA said:

Another large project teed up for Midlothian - 350 apartments (check out the five-story building in the rendering!) - and a Whole Foods. Wow... it blows my mind sometimes. When I was a kid (mind you, we're talking 50-plus years ago) one of my uncles (my dad's oldest or second oldest brother) had an antiques and upholstery shop in Midlothian when it (the town) was literally little more than a wide spot in the road on Route 60. I think the whole town constituted at best one or two intersections on U.S. 60 -- and no traffic lights -- in those days. And now? Just amazing and wonderful to see! Loving all of this! BRING IT ON!!! :tw_thumbsup:

(Now we need to get a PULSE line run out to Midlothian...)

From today's Richmond BizSense:

https://richmondbizsense.com/2022/09/16/developer-known-for-whole-foods-anchored-projects-plans-175m-mixed-use-center-in-midlothian/

depot1.png

depot2.png

may dad told me when he was younger he remembers when he was doing roadwork at Glen side and broad street that’s as far as it went. Now it goes to short pump and beyond or at least starting to.parham of course was built when I was born in 1988. The early 90s everything to gaskins and beyond was pretty empty not much at all out that way. I remember growing up short pump only had the Walmart and that car repair shop that had that plane on top of it that looked like it crashed into the building as a prop. Found out when 9/11 happened they were told to take it down then.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Downtowner said:

may dad told me when he was younger he remembers when he was doing roadwork at Glen side and broad street that’s as far as it went. Now it goes to short pump and beyond or at least starting to.parham of course was built when I was born in 1988. The early 90s everything to gaskins and beyond was pretty empty not much at all out that way. I remember growing up short pump only had the Walmart and that car repair shop that had that plane on top of it that looked like it crashed into the building as a prop. Found out when 9/11 happened they were told to take it down then.

I was 26 when you were born, my friend, so my childhood memories stretch back to when places like Midlothian and Short Pump were nothing more than the intersection of a local county road and a two-lane U.S. highway and there was literally nothing but farmland or woods for as far as the eye could see.

Edited by I miss RVA

1 minute ago, Child2021 said:

You wanna know whats crazy, the sprawl line seems now to be in Flat rock, or even close to the actual town of Powhatan. Hull street is even further out by skinquarter.

That's amazing, really. Very true - there are pockets of development that go pretty far out to the west/southwest of the 288 beltway. That stone fabrication company that does a lot of work for stuff like granite countertops and stonework for construction and interiors has opened a showroom and a larger facility in the eastern portion of Powhatan - and a pocket of development no doubt will spring from that new place. It will be amazing to watch these far-reaching localities blossom in the coming decades.

I’ve rumors from random people who have said the old jc Penny at regency is going to be an Amazon fresh. Have yet to see anything on it. However the guy doing the leasing mark slusher his son and I grew up together and went from elementary school to high school and we played baseball together in high school. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, wrldcoupe4 said:

I’ll put a quarter on Amazon Fresh. Agree with the architecture as a giveaway. 

The green line, entry door roof, is one I’m seeing consistent with many Amazon fresh entrance, there’s also a green dash line used above doors, the solid green is used at pickup entrances, an image from a quick search. 

FAC4AE61-ADD0-430B-94A9-9D502A2B87E9.jpeg

Edited by Hike
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Hike said:

The green line, entry door roof, is one I’m seeing consistent with many Amazon fresh entrance, there’s also a green dash line used above doors, the solid green is used at pickup entrances, an image from a quick search. 

FAC4AE61-ADD0-430B-94A9-9D502A2B87E9.jpeg

Is Amazon fresh the one that has no checkout that it just charges your Amazon account after you get your groceries? 

32 minutes ago, Downtowner said:

Is Amazon fresh the one that has no checkout that it just charges your Amazon account after you get your groceries? 

I’ve never been to one, that sounds right though, maybe others have been that can say.

Funny shopping experience I had at Walmart recently, all my fault, but funny none the less. I had to have these certain glass globes to replace the ones on our ceiling fan. Walmart in short pump had them in the store, went, couldn’t find them, asked, looked again, found them way up on a top shelf, got in the self check out, long wait,  finally get up there to pay for them, scan them, reach for my wallet, don’t have it, can’t cancel the transaction on the register, no worker near by, busy at another register, long line, people breathing down my neck, I just take them and walk to customer service to leave them to come back and pay, says can’t hold items and puts them in an area with thousands of other items, I drive home, get wallet and return, go to the customer service, huge line, wait, get up there and they can’t find them, I go back to the shelf where they were, not there. I drive to another Walmart that had them, got them, went home, replaced the globes on the ceiling fan and they look terrible, I returned them, whole process took about 5 hours, moral, be happy with what you have and don’t look at that ceiling fan anymore.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Hike said:

I’ve never been to one, that sounds right though, maybe others have been that can say.

Funny shopping experience I had at Walmart recently, all my fault, but funny none the less. I had to have these certain glass globes to replace the ones on our ceiling fan. Walmart in short pump had them in the store, went, couldn’t find them, asked, looked again, found them way up on a top shelf, got in the self check out, long wait,  finally get up there to pay for them, scan them, reach for my wallet, don’t have it, can’t cancel the transaction on the register, no worker near by, busy at another register, long line, people breathing down my neck, I just take them and walk to customer service to leave them to come back and pay, says can’t hold items and puts them in an area with thousands of other items, I drive home, get wallet and return, go to the customer service, huge line, wait, get up there and they can’t find them, I go back to the shelf where they were, not there. I drive to another Walmart that had them, got them, went home, replaced the globes on the ceiling fan and they look terrible, I returned them, whole process took about 5 hours, moral, be happy with what you have and don’t look at that ceiling fan anymore.

I tell my wife that I always lose the battle lol. It ends up always being more of pain than it should be. I’m happy and content with what I have even though she likes to change things. I’ve always asked myself why can’t things be simple anymore? Like even going to any store now is so stressful. I refuse to go to Costco unless it’s when they open in the morning. When it’s the middle of the morning or around lunch or any other time of a day I won’t go. Costco drives me absolutely insane. My adrenaline when I get to my car is to the point where if you mess with me we may be fighting or boxing. I hate Costco it’s like rush hour inside a store. I’ve said for years need a Costco in short pump to divert some of this insane mess. I know we could handle it.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Downtowner said:

I tell my wife that I always lose the battle lol. It ends up always being more of pain than it should be. I’m happy and content with what I have even though she likes to change things. I’ve always asked myself why can’t things be simple anymore? Like even going to any store now is so stressful. I refuse to go to Costco unless it’s when they open in the morning. When it’s the middle of the morning or around lunch or any other time of a day I won’t go. Costco drives me absolutely insane. My adrenaline when I get to my car is to the point where if you mess with me we may be fighting or boxing. I hate Costco it’s like rush hour inside a store. I’ve said for years need a Costco in short pump to divert some of this insane mess. I know we could handle it.

Yeah, Costco is nuts and like you said, we’ll go and be the first ones in, other than that, no way, even then it’s terrible plus the size of the carts. Last time I went I ran into a friend I hadn’t seen in 10 years, he was with his wife and my wife was there too, 4 people, 2 carts standing and talking, man, we were so hated that day, but it felt good and I didn’t care for some reason, was just my day to be the one to piss off others. See what talking about Amazon groceries will do to me, just reminds me of how terrible it is to shop, luckily my wife goes 99% of the time.

Edited by Hike
  • Haha 1

I had another Amazon thought, off topic again but it’s Amazon so maybe ok to mention. Was psyched to watch LA vs KC on Thursday and thumbed thru the channels and zero, looked it up and saw it was on Prime Video, Amazons channel, was bummed, don’t have it, don’t want it. Thought, oh well, no big, next Thursday, my team, Pittsburgh and the Browns on prime video, come on, are you kidding me!

Edited by Hike

3 hours ago, Hike said:

I had another Amazon thought, off topic again but it’s Amazon so maybe ok to mention. Was psyched to watch LA vs KC on Thursday and thumbed thru the channels and zero, looked it up and saw it was on Prime Video, Amazons channel, was bummed, don’t have it, don’t want it. Thought, oh well, no big, next Thursday, my team, Pittsburgh and the Browns on prime video, come on, are you kidding me!

I think the way the new NFL TV alignment is set up is that Amazon Prime gets the Thursday night games this season. I have Prime and watched the game; really like the way Amazon produced and packaged the telecast - a top-flight job. 

Depending on whether you have an iPhone or Android, there are free streaming apps specifically geared to watch (admittedly 'bootleg') streamed NFL games for free, if you're looking for a workaround.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, I miss RVA said:

I think the way the new NFL TV alignment is set up is that Amazon Prime gets the Thursday night games this season. I have Prime and watched the game; really like the way Amazon produced and packaged the telecast - a top-flight job. 

Depending on whether you have an iPhone or Android, there are free streaming apps specifically geared to watch (admittedly 'bootleg') streamed NFL games for free, if you're looking for a workaround.

I know next season either then or apple will have the rights to nfl Sunday tickets. Direct tv is finally no longer the soul owner of it. I can’t wait for them to no longer have it and have Amazon or apple have it. I’m really excited and can’t wait to watch out of market games.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Downtowner said:

I know next season either then or apple will have the rights to nfl Sunday tickets. Direct tv is finally no longer the soul owner of it. I can’t wait for them to no longer have it and have Amazon or apple have it. I’m really excited and can’t wait to watch out of market games.

Depending on whether you have an iPhone or Android, you can watch out-of-market games even now. There are free streaming apps specifically geared to watch (admittedly 'bootleg') streamed NFL games for free, if you're looking for a workaround.