Va. Beach Towncenter project

vdogg

• Replies 988
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I figured out what they changed. They increased the room size and probably accidentally put the old rendering up too. The site with the new rendering used to list the rooms at 800 to 4000 sq ft. Now its 2200 to 4000. They were probably having issues getting people to plunk down money for something as small as 800 sq ft.

None of this is in concrete. It will probably keep changing depending on what the reaction is by possible buyers. Until they break ground, nothing they show us is final. I wish they would tell us how tall it will be. Hey, vdogg have you asked them what the proposed height is as of right now?

None of this is in concrete. It will probably keep changing depending on what the reaction is by possible buyers. Until they break ground, nothing they show us is final. I wish they would tell us how tall it will be. Hey, vdogg have you asked them what the proposed height is as of right now?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, i bundled it all into the same email but i haven't heard from them yet. The last time i talked to them, which was months ago, they gave me a figure of 31 stories which included 119 condos. That is nowhere near accurate now so i'm trying to get a new update.

At lunch today I was at the stop light and our friendly folks at CMSS were outside on the sidewalk with a white sample of what appeared to cladding - like on the TC building and the Cosmo. They had 4 samples of glass - such as the light blue-green as shown on the Westin rendering and also 3 others of different shades of brown smoked glass. I was thinking, hmmmm, wonder which project this is for?? :shifty:

At lunch today I was at the stop light and our friendly folks at CMSS were outside on the sidewalk with a white sample of what appeared to cladding - like on the TC building and the Cosmo. They had  4 samples of glass - such as the light blue-green as shown on the Westin rendering and also 3 others of different shades of brown smoked glass. I was thinking, hmmmm, wonder which project this is for??  :shifty:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well considering things are "supposed" to start getting underway next month it may very well be part of that project. I doubt it though cause they tend to bring such material in much later in the construction of the building, ususally most of the skeleton will have been completed before they do so.

Maybe the 800SF ones sold out already haha. Maybe I've been in Jersey too long but 800 SF isn't ridiculously tiny.

CONDOS in a highrise at 4000 SF? How is that even possible? That's like a bunch of McMansions stacked atop one another. Even 2200 SF is pretty huge.

Maybe the 800SF ones sold out already haha.  Maybe I've been in Jersey too long but 800 SF isn't ridiculously tiny. 

CONDOS in a highrise at 4000 SF?  How is that even possible?  That's like a bunch of McMansions stacked atop one another.  Even 2200 SF is pretty huge.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

4000 sf IS HUGE!! my house in Chesapeake was 4000 sf and it covered a lot of ground.

Maybe the 800SF ones sold out already haha.  Maybe I've been in Jersey too long but 800 SF isn't ridiculously tiny. 

CONDOS in a highrise at 4000 SF?  How is that even possible?  That's like a bunch of McMansions stacked atop one another.  Even 2200 SF is pretty huge.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

when I lived in VB, I had a condo that was 1000 sq ft and VB residents would say that was small. You could never sell small condos with high price tags there, but think about that, if you can go and buy a 4000 sq ft house for the price of an 800 sq ft condo in pembroke, what would you choose?

the picture on the westin site, looks much more defined. I am really starting to like the spire to it now. Although still too much wasted space with the garage.

Oh and by my architecture math skills (ie the size of the people in the picture). So by the picture we have 36 floors, giving the height of the actual building about 380ft give or take. The spire would put the height to around 440ft. Then that needle on the top would cheat the height to almost 500ft. But the needle usually isnt counted in the height.

when I lived in VB, I had a condo that was 1000 sq ft and VB residents would say that was small.  You could never sell small condos with high price tags there, but think about that, if you can go and buy a 4000 sq ft house for the price of an 800 sq ft condo in pembroke, what would you choose?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I would probably take the condo anyway just for the lifestyle urban living offers (granted Pembroke isn't exactly an urban oasis yet). Cul-de-sac suburbia depresses me to no end. So I could have tons of floor space out there, but the isolation tradeoff isn't worth it IMO.

My rent for a small 700SF jr. 1BR in a vibrant downtown area is probably about the same as a mortgage payment on a 4 BR house with a 4 car garage (because each person in the house MUST have their own car) out in the woods somewhere in VA. But would I want to do move out there?

To me size doesn't matter as much as location.

I would probably take the condo anyway just for the lifestyle urban living offers (granted Pembroke isn't exactly an urban oasis yet).  Cul-de-sac suburbia depresses me to no end.  So I could have tons of floor space out there, but the isolation tradeoff isn't worth it IMO. 

My rent for a small 700SF jr. 1BR in a vibrant downtown area is probably about the same as a mortgage payment on a 4 BR house with a 4 car garage (because each person in the house MUST have their own car) out in the woods somewhere in VA.  But would I want to do move out there? 

To me size doesn't matter as much as location.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Good point about location. I noticed on the Westin site it says that the condos will have "city views". Wow, that just makes me wanna move there right now!! I can't wait to look at the one skyscraper and Dicks Sporting Goods!! (please notice the sarcasm). Whereas in Norfolk you can look at the water and the ships passing by, Scope (or new arena), a true skyline, and so much more.

Good point about location. I noticed on the Westin site it says that the condos will have "city views". Wow, that just makes me wanna move there right now!! I can't wait to look at the one skyscraper and Dicks Sporting Goods!! (please notice the sarcasm). Whereas in Norfolk you can look at the water and the ships passing by, Scope (or new arena), a true skyline, and so much more.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:lol: "City views" means if you have binoculars you can see Norfolk

Hmm. I guess the theory is if you can afford a $2million apartment, you can afford a telescope to see DT Norfolk lol. Apparently though you will be able to see the skyline (not exactly in detail) of Norfolk as well as the Oceanfront and the Shore Drive area. Idk... 12 miles? How much would you be able to see? Not that it matters... people will more than likely drop the cash to pay for the apartments.

when I lived in VB, I had a condo that was 1000 sq ft and VB residents would say that was small.  You could never sell small condos with high price tags there, but think about that, if you can go and buy a 4000 sq ft house for the price of an 800 sq ft condo in pembroke, what would you choose?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The people that they are trying to attract (retirees, young professionals, etc.) probably don't want the hassle of a yard or commuting to somewhere to go out drinking/eating.

A 4K sq ft house in the middle of nowhere with a big yard is probably the most unappealing scenario I can think of living-wise. That is just me though... And I am probably the type of person who would be attracted to the Cosmopolitan, et al.

The people that they are trying to attract (retirees, young professionals, etc.) probably don't want the hassle of a yard or commuting to somewhere to go out drinking/eating.

A 4K sq ft house in the middle of nowhere with a big yard is probably the most unappealing scenario I can think of living-wise.  That is just me though...  And I am probably the type of person who would be attracted to the Cosmopolitan, et al.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I can agree with that. I would probably be the same way. Fisgure eventually it will actually be somewhat urban in Pembroke to justify itself. It just has to get there first.

I can agree with that.  I would probably be the same way.  Fisgure eventually it will actually be somewhat urban in Pembroke to justify itself.  It just has to get there first.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I heard the TC tower has ocean views so the Westin tower should have those as well since it is even taller.

Just letting you guys know, I went home this week and spoke to a resource of mine about the Target which was looking to be built at the new HQ, and he told me that they are almost done signing a deal to make the Target part of the Pembroke mall and allowing full development of the HQ site to other investors. I have to say that news made me very happy to hear.

Just letting you guys know, I went home this week and spoke to a resource of mine about the Target which was looking to be built at the new HQ, and he told me that they are almost done signing a deal to make the Target part of the Pembroke mall and allowing full development of the HQ site to other investors.

well, how interesting is that! I wonder if they will be taking over the Furniture Liquidators spot? I really hope so. I am glad they are coming though. We really need a nice store like that in Pembroke. Soon, we will be waving bye-bye to Kmart. Hmmm, a great spot for another store.  :rolleyes:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have to admit, i still wish they would just rip down that entire mall and use it for building space though. Target just doesnt seem to fit an urban setting. But hey, at least it wont be in the middle of it all now taht it will be attached to the mall. I would say expect the announcement within the next three weeks.

Archived