Va. Beach Towncenter project

vdogg

Lets hope we do get some 500 ft. buildings here. I wish they would eventually go alot taller than that. I just seen where JAX is going to build a 750 ft. building. I wish something like that would come here.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Baby steps Rus, baby steps. I think much taller than this and the Nimbys will have a fit.

2 more floors is probably the most they'll be able to skate by with before people start saying stuff.

• Replies 988
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^ That is AWESOME news! First the news about Target and now this about the Westin. I am pretty excited myself! :D And, if they need to go higher then maybe they can. I mean adding stories on is no big deal (as long as they are allowed to do so).

^ That is AWESOME news! First the news about Target and now this about the Westin. I am pretty excited myself!  :D And, if they need to go higher then maybe they can. I mean adding stories on is no big deal (as long as they are allowed to do so).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Considering how closely the developer works with the city i am sure this increase has already been presented to them and whatever leeway that is needed has already been granted.

Considering how closely the developer works with the city i am sure this increase has already been presented to them and whatever leeway that is needed has already been granted.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Right, and I was thinking if they needed to go higher (since it is still evolving), maybe they would be allowed to do so.

Right, and I was thinking if they needed to go higher (since it is still evolving), maybe they would be allowed to do so.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I bet the westin is having more and more people calling them trying to get rooms so they have to keep adding more and more condos on top. This building is going to turn into a real landmark for the city, just wait and see.

I wonder if it will hit the 40 floor mark?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

From the tone of the email, i think it's a 60% chance that it will. I've got my fingers crossed. I can't even imagine the demand for this thing to justify that type of increase. Maybe guynvb was right about all the condos being spoken for and they had to add more because of that.

38 floors is great but I'm fearing that we'll be seeing one building that just sticks out. Attention is great but it doesn't mean it makes the surrounding area look great. I think they should build another tower in between the heights of the AH building and the Westin. I just want flow ya'know? I don't want the Westin looking like it's out of place because it's so much higher than anything around it.

38 floors is great but I'm fearing that we'll be seeing one building that just sticks out. Attention is great but it doesn't mean it makes the surrounding area look great. I think they should build another tower in between the heights of the AH building and the Westin. I just want flow ya'know? I don't want the Westin looking like it's out of place because it's so much higher than anything around it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree with that. But looking at the town center renditions, there are at least two more buildings scheduled to be built in the area and i doubt they will be westin height, so they could potentially be the building blocks from AH to westin and have real flow.

So if my math was right we are looking at a tower that is around 450ft not including the spire, which will push it well over 500 ft.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm saying at the very least total structure height will rise to 450. 500 Is probably more accurate though. I just can't wait til they start building this thing.

I'm saying at the very least total structure height will rise to 450. 500 Is probably more accurate though. I just can't wait til they start building this thing.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

When it does start being built you might wanna start another thread cause I hope to have some daily updates and pics etc.

When it does start being built you might wanna start another thread cause I hope to have some daily updates and pics etc.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Construction on phase III starts May 4th though it may be as late as August before you start seeing actual construction (i.e. piles being driven) on the Westin itself. I will start a new thread soon seeing as there is more to Towncenter than just the Westin and the Westin project seems to have taken on a life of its own.

hell...to the...YEA!

Ok, who thinks the Granby tower will be taller than the Westin now! :)

Now only if Va. Beach lures in that Fortune 500 company they were talking about in an earlier city council meeting. That's gonna be SWEET!

Like you Rusthebuss, I was born and raised here and I am eager and proud to see this Town Center grow to fruition.

\m/

Metalman

Construction on phase III starts May 4th though it may be as late as August before you start seeing actual construction (i.e. piles being driven) on the Westin itself. I will start a new thread soon seeing as there is more to Towncenter than just the Westin and the Westin project seems to have taken on a life of its own.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

right. maybe some subforums under the towncenter. esp since the performing arts center will be built as well. i hope to get some pics of the different aspects and phases as they come online.

hell...to the...YEA! 

Ok, who thinks the Granby tower will be taller than the Westin now!  :)

Now only if Va. Beach lures in that Fortune 500 company they were talking about in an earlier city council meeting.  That's gonna be SWEET! 

Like you Rusthebuss, I was born and raised here and I am eager and proud to see this Town Center grow to fruition.

\m/

Metalman

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I do fear i have to retract my earlier statements about Granby possibly being taller than the Westin because it appears that the Westin folks are going for the gold here. That being said i still think Granby can stretch out to about the mid-400 range.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What all is going to happen in phase 3?

Archived