Retail in Richmond

vdogg

I thought I didn't hear it right the first time... I think they might be closing their current location and they're gonna open in a new location... though someone was in there recently and said they saw them remodeling inside.. so who knows?

I bet it was just one of their commercials. That's just the way they are. They're probably trying to get rid of everything before they ship off all of the merchandise out to the "Dump...the dump, da de dump, dump, dump!" :rofl: (Those are stupid commericals...I hated them when I lived there)

How is American Apparel doing in Carytown, does anyone know?

I had drinks in Chelsea the other day with some friends and I noticed an American Apparel store across the street at about 20th and 8th Avenue. Peeking thru the windows all I saw were pictures of practically naked men in thongs - no women.

Then I realized where I was and concluded that the store caters to the area in which it is situated. I seriously doubt that the Carytown store courts that market. :lol: But whatever, I'll bet its racy for Richmond.

Edited by burt

Ha! Racy for Richmond? I remember that photographer couldn't show her work here at the VA Musem of Fine Arts... and she was from Virginia.. forget her name... I've seen her work. I'm not offended.

Sally Mann. I saw some of her work at a show in the Reynolds Gallery last year and she's really a fine photographer. It's appalling that the VMFA would turn away one of the most well-known Virginia artists just because of overblown controversy over some pretty tame photographs.

Hey, the Popeyes on Laburnam is racking in some money! The last time I tried to get some, there was a line all the way around the building with a parking lot full. Went at 11PM later that night and the same thing! Went tonight, same thing! People really must have missed Popeyes! Or is it the only one left now? I know Chamberlayne's is in the city... maybe they don't feel safe there.

It's a neat building through, they remodled the old Hawk's and made it into a New Orleans styled building.

Hey, the Popeyes on Laburnam is racking in some money! The last time I tried to get some, there was a line all the way around the building with a parking lot full. Went at 11PM later that night and the same thing! Went tonight, same thing! People really must have missed Popeyes! Or is it the only one left now? I know Chamberlayne's is in the city... maybe they don't feel safe there.

It's a neat building through, they remodled the old Hawk's and made it into a New Orleans styled building.

Brent was recently bemoaning the fact that he couldn't find good fried chicken in Richmond. Wonder if he tried Popeyes? I like their spicy f/c.

I live not far from Times Square and I can't find fried chicken ANYWHERE in the area. There used to be a Popeyes at 48th and 7th, but it has been replaced by a new high rise. When I get a hankering, I have to fry my own -- haha, and I'm about as good at cooking as I am at the computer. :rofl:

I'm suprised there isn't at least a KFC nearby in the Times Square area, burt. I think there's one towrds Herald Square, which may or may not be a long way to travel for the Colonel.

You may be right about KFC in Herald Square, but I'm not inclined to go there for the Colonel. Now, if it were Popeyes, I might be tempted! :lol

One of my friends in Richmond used to frequent a Popeyes on Broad Street. He practically used to swear by their chicken. I've never been to that location, but the Popeyes I have been to haven't been very good. Maybe I need to swing by that one next time I'm in town.

mmmm. yum yum good! Be sure to get the SPICY chicken, and their mashed potatoes with gravy and the cole slaw. mmmm! :thumbsup:

Stevenrocks I don't know if you've ever heard of the town called Covington in southwest virginia but my great aunt used to live their untill she died about 7 or 8 years ago but she used to always order chicken from a place in covington called D&J Chicken that was the best chicken I had ever had. I literally used to try and set a record with that chicken the most I ever ate was like 8 Pieces. That was the best chicken I had ever had I wish I could go back up their and get some more but I know one day i'll have to. I also loved going in their and eating it was so good. AHH I miss those days.

Stevenrocks I don't know if you've ever heard of the town called Covington in southwest virginia but my great aunt used to live their untill she died about 7 or 8 years ago but she used to always order chicken from a place in covington called D&J Chicken that was the best chicken I had ever had. I literally used to try and set a record with that chicken the most I ever ate was like 8 Pieces. That was the best chicken I had ever had I wish I could go back up their and get some more but I know one day i'll have to. I also loved going in their and eating it was so good. AHH I miss those days.
I've heard of Covington (never been to the town proper, but I've been pretty close to it), but I hadn't heard of D&J Chicken before now. I'll have to look it up when I go back up that way.