Trader Building Progress

Chesapeake Pirate

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks, dbo. I can open your personal page but still no Trader Pics even when I click on the link from your site. I've tried at home and work. Don't go nuts trying to fix it on my account. I have a computer savy brother I can bother. Your pictures are nice!

Thanks, dbo. I can open your personal page but still no Trader Pics even when I click on the link from your site. I've tried at home and work. Don't go nuts trying to fix it on my account. I have a computer savy brother I can bother. Your pictures are nice!

It does seem odd that both of your PC's can't access the same site. Try flushing your internet browser cache, then type the link in the address bar.

I have seen, in other cases where there is a corrupt file in the cache, the page being requested will not come up.

dbo

Has it "topped out" yet? I'm a little confused on exactly what that means, because it has reached its tallest height already.

Until you see the american flag raised on that sucker (aka "topping out ceremony") , it hasn't topped out yet :) . We have definately reached its highest point though.

"Picture of the Week" Posted

Misc pics will be updated Friday.

dbo

pictures.traderpub.net

IMG_7049s_w645.jpg

I really thought itr would be taller then what it looks it will be. Well, I wwwas thinking it would be taller then towers in Richmond but I see that is a no! But nice tower, short yet nice, I maybe don't like it because the towers I've seen, lived in and been on top of New York most of my life.

I don't think anyone expected this tower to be "tall". It was always gonna be a filler building that adds desity to downtown, and does so nicely. :)

In other news...

Amid corporate confusion, Trader's tower springs to life

The pace of construction at Trader Square in Downtown Norfolk has been almost too good to be true.

So of course, as the saying goes, there had to be a catch. When the 20-story tower is completed it will have the capacity to hold 1,600 Trader Publishing employees. The catch is that no one knows who those 1,600 employees will be.

I wwwas thinking it would be taller then towers in Richmond but I see that is a no!
Ahh, it's only a 20 story building no matter how you slice it. From street level it makes a big statement, trust me. Also, I'm glad the top has a little design to it, it may not be much but it's better than a box.

Ahh, it's only a 20 story building no matter how you slice it. From street level it makes a big statement, trust me. Also, I'm glad the top has a little design to it, it may not be much but it's better than a box.

You got that right!

I have a bunch of pictures of the Trader building that I will upload to one of the webservers in the next day or two.

I sort of got laid off with a few others from the company I was working for in the BB&T tower, so I can't really take the same pictures anymore. I've got a bunch tho from several days, in stupid high resolutions.

(And now I finally get a vacation!!! Needed to find a job that pays at least $!0k more considering how fast the cost of living is going up in Hampton Roads, I was going to leave anyways. Just wanted to do it on my terms).

Archived