SouthPark neighborhood Projects

A2

http://www.dreambigsouthpark.com/Community-Designed-Community-Center-Charlotte-NC.html

^^ So there's this.....

Sharon United Methodist (the huge tall slopey church across Sharon Rd from Cowfish/Residences at SouthPark) has 7 acres that they want to redevelop.

The Property

Currently, the church sits on seven acres. The original structure is going to be leveled and redeveloped, and we are currently in the design phase looking for your input. We want to know what you want in your new community church and center. Are you hoping for a coffee shop, or perhaps a family-friendly restaurant?

frame1_tl.pngclear_10x10.gifframe1_tr.pngclear_10x10.gif75066264.jpegclear_10x10.gifframe1_bl.pngclear_10x10.gifframe1_br.png We're breaking the conventional church mold and pulling out all the stops, building a center that is dedicated not only to our members, but to improving the entire community. To make our community center a reflection of the community, we need you and your family to get involved!

Very happy they're keeping it modern (http://www.dreambigsouthpark.com/)    Psyched that the ski slope will stay; I was horrified at the possibility of yet another dome/arch/pediment/red brick/efis cluster that currently exists on every lot in the neighborhood.  

Edited by Miesian Corners
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/blog/real_estate/2014/12/developers-seek-rezoning-for-mixed-use-project-at.html?page=2

I am very interested in this Colony redevelopment project. I hope it gets off the ground

Renderings from the CO and further information:

• 1,100 residential units, a mix of apartment and for-sale.

• 250,000 square feet of office space.

• 300,000 square feet of retail space, including a grocery store.

• A 300-room upscale hotel.

• A two-acre plaza at the center of the development.

• Up to 55 units of “workforce housing” reserved for those earning less than the area’s median income.

• An extension of Rexford Road connecting Roxborough and Sharon roads, as well as a new connection between Morrison Boulevard and Colony Road

1bH3Ll.Em.138.jpeg

VWC6K.Em.138.jpeg

vloox.Em.138.jpeg

Edited by rjp212

I'm pretty sure AMI is based on the city as a whole, not the area of south park specifically.

I'm hearing the grocery will be Publix. Which brings me to my next point.

SouthPark is going to have the following grocery stores:

* Flagship Harris Teeter

* Publix

* A Southern Season

* Earthfare

* Whole Foods

* Reid's

Not to mention the other grocery stores within a 2 mile radius.

So why are people freaking out about uptown having three?

I would not be surprised if that EarthFare location bites the dust in the next few years. Honestly I don't see how it stays open now since Whole Foods opened up. Anytime I go in to that EF, it has less people in it than the Fresh Market on Providence/Fairview (and 3x the size).  Whole foods is always busy. EF might be able to survive if they can make it to the end of the building cycle as there is going to be a LOT more residents in SP over the next 5 years. 

I would be interested to see if Publix make their store sort of a "flagship for NC" store. It will take a lot I believe to sway people away from the Taj Mah Teeter. Its big, its nice, lots of parking, and its easy to get in and out of. 

• 3 weeks later...

It looked the like the Allure apartments (JLB) on Carnegie had a ribbon cutting yesterday. 350 units. Lots of balloons and whatnot at the entrance. 

The Crescent apartments are still a pretty long way off from being done but building 1 only has one more floor of interiors to finish up. 321 units in total.

Capital towers building 1 is at floor 8ish (out of 10). The gigantic parking deck is also 3/4+ done. 

The encore apartments at Morrison and Barclay probably has another 2-3 floors to go. 280 units. 

This part of Southpark is a gigantic construction zone right now!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Levine is teaming up with Raley Miller properties to redevelop the Carmel on Providence Apt complex.  Buildings to rise 5 stories and include 225 apartments and up to 100,000 in commercial space. 

http://ww.charmeck.org/Planning/Rezoning/2015/039-047/2015-046%20site%20plan.pdf

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2015/02/04/5493847/levine-properties-affiliates-seek.html#.VNKczivF9O8

Levine is teaming up with Raley Miller properties to redevelop the Carmel on Providence Apt complex.  Buildings to rise 5 stories and include 225 apartments and up to 100,000 in commercial space. 

http://ww.charmeck.org/Planning/Rezoning/2015/039-047/2015-046%20site%20plan.pdf

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2015/02/04/5493847/levine-properties-affiliates-seek.html#.VNKczivF9O8

Speaking of that location, when is Camden Pinehurst going to demo those nasty apartments that is adjacent to this property?  That will quite the busy corner if the Camden project gets built, this gets built and if Strawberry Hill ever finishes their retail expansion.

Speaking of that location, when is Camden Pinehurst going to demo those nasty apartments that is adjacent to this property?  That will quite the busy corner if the Camden project gets built, this gets built and if Strawberry Hill ever finishes their retail expansion.

I understand that Camden no longer owns this property.  Northwood Ravin owns it and is in the due diligence stage for a phased redevelopment.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The hotel project (Hilton Garden/Homewood suites) seems to be full steam ahead. Plans were submitted last week and a project inspection was scheduled today. The project is going right off Sharon Road (4738 Sharon Road) by Fairview. This site has apartments (townhomes???) on it now, I am assuming those are being demoed??

Edited by Jayvee

Every time I see a new project moving forward in Southpark I cringe further at the thought of driving through there. It's a shame light rail isn't viable (or in the works).

100% this. SouthPark and Ballantyne should have been the #1 priorities for mass transit.