GSP International

gvillenative

7 hours ago, gman430 said:

Then I will continue to fly out of Asheville and Atlanta. Cheaper and non-stop direct. It’s a win win for me. 

Anyways, a third additional flight to DFW seven days a week with AA started yesterday. 

Man you are one person. They don't care about that. Lol. If there is truly a demand then maybe it will come. But they don't care what we as individuals alone want. If they add it great. If they don't, it is what it is. Life goes on.

4 hours ago, distortedlogic said:

That makes no sense from a business perspective to not supply a demand that is there because they simply don't want to. My guess is they figure enough people are willing to drive toe CLT/ATL/AVL so why bother.

Can you link data showing there is a big demand for it? If they had data that was showing that this is needed then I could see them adding it. But not because a handful of people want it. And not based on opinions. Opinions are subjective and you can't run business based on that.

24 minutes ago, motonenterprises said:

Can you link data showing there is a big demand for it? If they had data that was showing that this is needed then I could see them adding it. But not because a handful of people want it. And not based on opinions. Opinions are subjective and you can't run business based on that.

@jarvismjposted a link on the last page showing the demand for Boston service. 

2 hours ago, gman430 said:

@jarvismjposted a link on the last page showing the demand for Boston service. 

I see nothing there that tells me that it should be an automatic go for an airline. The numbers from that link are kinda all over the place, and it just goes to another message board; but the ones I see still look low to me. We have to think like the airlines think instead using what we want to try to justify it. I don't know everything, but what I do know is they have people that they pay a great deal of money to make these types of decisions. People much more experienced than we are here about airline service. They have a reason for not providing it.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

The airport was packed today. Both garages were almost completely full. 2024 is coming also: 

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/avelo-airlines-upgrades-pilot-compensation-301951479.html

“In 2024 Avelo expects to add at least five additional American-made Boeing 737NGs to its current 16-aircraft fleet and will open a new state-of-the-art Pilot and Flight Attendant Training Center in Orlando at the beginning of the year.”

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/10/2023 at 7:11 AM, gman430 said:

228,238 passengers for GSP in August 2023 which is 21.70% higher than in August 2022 where the airport had 187,553 passengers.

223,929 passengers for GSP in September 2023 which is 18.90% higher than in September 2022 where the airport had 188,408 passengers. This is the most passengers GSP has ever seen for the month of September surpassing the previous record set in 2019. 

American to Miami daily returns on November 4th, Southwest to Atlanta increases to three times daily six days a week starting November 5th, and Allegiant twice or three times a week to Fort Lauderdale returns on November 17th. The only bad news is that Avelo to Wilmington will be ending October 29th.

Edited by gman430

28 minutes ago, rssgvegas said:

Southwest starting seasonal Sat/Sun only service to Dallas Love starting June 8th.

https://thepointsguy.com/news/southwest-airlines-30-new-routes-florida-flights-schedule-extension/

Excellent. Great to see them finally starting to expand at GSP again. 

Looks like it’s Denver not Dallas. The Points Guy made a mistake there. Even better: 

7edddc9c03df0fbe3e70f808a2345f236b0f15ba

Edited by gman430

41 minutes ago, gman430 said:

Excellent. Great to see them finally starting to expand at GSP again. 

Looks like it’s Denver not Dallas. The Points Guy made a mistake there. Even better: 

7edddc9c03df0fbe3e70f808a2345f236b0f15ba

Wouldn't be surprised to see United counter and upguage their Denver to mainline when they do their summer schedule.

19 minutes ago, rssgvegas said:

Wouldn't be surprised to see United counter and upguage their Denver to mainline when they do their summer schedule.

I was thinking the same thing. Maybe Southwest will make the route daily and year round if it’s successful. Still hoping for Nashville, Boston, and Las Vegas at GSP also. 

Starting December 5th, all three AA flights to DFW are being upgraded to mainline. Two Boeing 737-800’s and one Airbus A320. The A320 is replacing an Embraer 175. Looks like this expanded service will last at least a few weeks.

Edited by gman430

PHL with AA back down to twice a day so everything is starting to even out. Lol. However, it’s slated to jump to four times a day seven days a week starting February 15th. 

Charleston is losing more service again on top of losing Silver completely. This time JetBlue non-stop direct service to both LAX and LGA are being cut permanently. Ouch. CHS will no longer have any non-stop direct service to California after this. Don’t think GSP is ever going to land them with this big slashing of service :

https://thepointsguy.com/news/jetblue-route-changes-nyc-flights/

Edited by gman430

Delta update:

GSP will be losing both seasonal flights to Detroit starting December 17th. One of the flights returns on March 10th and both return on April 14th. ATL drops one flight per day before it comes back and LGA remains at three flights per day during this same time period. 

Southwest update: 

HOU seasonal Saturday service will be ending on November 25th. This Saturday service returns on December 23rd. Sunday service gets added in addition to the Saturday service on January 14th. Both flights are once a day and it lasts at least until the end of the current schedule which is August 3rd. 

ATL increases to three times a day minus Saturday which is twice a day starting on November 5th. Saturday drops to once a day starting January 13th while Tuesday and Wednesday drop to twice a day starting January 9th. Saturday returns to twice a day on April 13th while Tuesday and Wednesday return to three times a day on March 12th. It remains like this at least until the end of the current schedule. 

BWI has no changes through the end of the schedule. Once a day everyday. 

DEN Saturday and Sunday seasonal service starts on June 8th. Once a day and lasts at least until the end of the current schedule. 

Edited by gman430

6 hours ago, gman430 said:

Delta update:

GSP will be losing both seasonal flights to Detroit starting December 17th. One of the flights returns on March 10th and both return on April 14th. ATL drops one flight per day before it comes back and LGA remains at three flights per day during this same time period. 

DTW only goes away a couple weeks.  They bring back once daily service on a B717 starting Jan 8th.

• Thanks 1

On 10/3/2023 at 11:28 PM, rssgvegas said:

With Silver recently starting GSO-BNA service, I'm eyeing that for GSP.  You know Silver isn't content with 1 flight at BNA and GSP kills for that BNA service.   Something to watch.

Not gonna happen. Silver has completely abandoned both GSO and BNA. Ouch. This is on top of them already completely leaving CHS.

GSP on the other hand though is seeing increased frequencies from Silver. 

Edited by gman430