GSP International

gvillenative

On 4/22/2023 at 6:09 PM, distortedlogic said:

Just for kicks I put in 4 tickets from here to ILG for July at $29 apiece. The total for that was $116. However, at check out, I noticed that it was $239; taxes and fees cost more than the tickets. I get that $29 is a giveaway price and 4 tickets for $116 is crazy good, but somehow it seems like a bait and switch when the taxes are more than the tickets.

Just did the same and the price was exactly as advertised. Round trip, $29 each way, final price was $58 after taxes and fees. Sounds like you chose a few "extras" like...seats or bags (you can skip all).

On 4/20/2023 at 3:14 PM, rssgvegas said:

Looks like 6 weekly flights was right.  Not sure why they held off on the ILG announcement other than maybe they wanted to make it apart of the ILG expansion announcement!

While the September schedule is not finalized, United has tentatively upgauged one of their EWR flights to a mainline a319 starting Sept 5th.  Also that same day, IAH is upgauged to a 166 seat B737-800 and the pm ORD mainline that goes away this summer comes back and is also upgauged to a B737-800.

Is IAD and mainline to Denver ever going to come back???

30 minutes ago, gman430 said:

Is IAD and mainline to Denver ever going to come back???

IAD will be back at some point, but probably not anytime soon.  Not sure about DEN.  I know the airport has been trying to convince UA to bring back IAD and add a 2nd DEN.   United has said privately they really like the GSP market and want to grow it, but the problem is plane availability.  As part of United next, UA will be adding over 500 narrow bodies in the next few years.  Unfortunately delays at Boeing and Airbus have slowed that process.  I think they also pulled a couple mainline this summer b/c they needed planes for the summer season schedule in places like the Caribbean.  It looks like when that ends GSP goes back up to 4.   IAD was always about the regional pilot shortage and never about market.  Again, as United mainline deliveries grow, I expect IAD to come back.  My guess is middle to late 2024.  United will continue to grow at GSP.  Patience will be the key unfortunately right now.

https://www.flightglobal.com/fleets/nearly-500-regional-jets-parked-in-usa-cirium-fleets-data/152859.article

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, distortedlogic said:

I noticed the Miami flight hasn't beeon the website,  what happened to that?

Which website? American flies there everyday non-stop direct from GSP using a 76 seat Embraer 175 aircraft. It’s bookable on both their website and app. 

Edited by gman430

AA’s new GSP-LGA flights have lots of empty seats.  I guess it takes at least a few weeks for new flights to fill up because people may have booked tickets on other flight well in advance?

Delta’s GSP-LGA flights seem consistently very busy, and AA and US Airways had GSP-LGA flights before, so I know that there is enough business for AA.  Particularly because Amtrak gets maybe one passenger a day between Greenville and NYC, so that’s no competition.

Separately: GSP ought to put a "No Idling" sign along the road in front of baggage claim.  I appreciate that people in SC love to idle their car engines for long periods, even when the weather is good and not hot, but I don't care to inhale exhaust as I'm standing and waiting for Lyft/Uber.

Edited by PuppiesandKittens

GSP isn’t alone. Avelo cut a lot of routes and several cities completely after Labor Day:  

Avelo Airlines extends its schedule to October 31, will suspend 6 cities (either seasonally or discontinued) after early September:

- Memphis (MEM), Chicago (MDW), Baltimore (BWI), Bozeman (BZN), Kalispell (FCA), Medford (MFR)

13 routes will suspend after early September:

- Raleigh (RDU) to MEM, Melbourne (MLB), Sarasota (SRQ), Palm Beach (PBI)
- New Haven (HVN) to BWI, MDW
- Burbank (BUR) to BZN, FCA, MFR
- Wilmington (ILM) to BWI, PBI
- Wilmington (ILG) to MLB
- Orlando (MCO) to Greenville (GSP)

Edited by gman430
  • Thanks 1

A few seasonal or permanent  adjustments happening: 

-Delta to Detroit is back to one mainline 717-200 and one regional plane CRJ-900 from two mainline 717-200. 

-American to Miami will be ending September 5th but is slated to come back November 5th and will be on a mainline Airbus 319 instead of the current regional Embraer 175. 

-American to Philadelphia will be increasing from two times a day to three times a day starting on July 5th seven days a week. Two of the flights will be on Embraer ERJ 145 and one of the flights will be on Canadair RJ 900. 

-Southwest Sunday service to Houston will be ending on August 13th while an additional Sunday flight to Baltimore/Washington will be starting on September 10th. 

-Silver to Tampa and Orlando will be going from three times a week to two times a week starting in the first week of September.

-Allegiant will be ending their twice weekly service to Ft. Lauderdale on August 14th.

-Avelo will be starting twice weekly service to Orlando on June 7th and will end it on September 4th. Twice weekly service to Wilmington and New Haven starts June 22nd and will last at least until October 31st. 

Edited by gman430
  • Like 1

Qdoba looks like they’re closing going off the airport budget for the next fiscal year. :( That’s gonna make three empty F&B spaces within the airport now. Ouch. Wish they would combine the two spaces next to Dunkin’ and put in a Panera or First Watch. 

Capital improvements in the 2023-2024 budget, airline fill rates for March, and number of seats/flights for June: 

D3E5D0E9-4217-4933-A682-13509900BEE6.jpeg

1FACC432-3E89-48DE-A28F-79A51C3B7792.jpeg

A03042B9-DC8F-42C0-A97E-ED86CFE4D74F.jpeg

Edited by gman430

8 hours ago, gman430 said:

Qdoba looks like they’re closing going off the airport budget for the next fiscal year. :( That’s gonna make three empty F&B spaces within the airport now. Ouch. Wish they would combine the two spaces next to Dunkin’ and put in a Panera or First Watch. 

Capital improvements in the 2023-2024 budget, airline fill rates for March, and number of seats/flights for June: 

D3E5D0E9-4217-4933-A682-13509900BEE6.jpeg

1FACC432-3E89-48DE-A28F-79A51C3B7792.jpeg

A03042B9-DC8F-42C0-A97E-ED86CFE4D74F.jpeg

Qdoba has been closed for quite a while!  Dunkin now has a candy shop next store.

Edited by rssgvegas
additional comment
  • Thanks 1

On 5/11/2023 at 8:18 AM, rssgvegas said:

Qdoba has been closed for quite a while!  Dunkin now has a candy shop next store.

Well, that sucks. I’ve always liked Qdoba and that was the only one in the upstate. GSP sure seems to have an issue with keeping F&B tenants in business. And a candy shop is the best replacement they can find? Really? I don’t see that lasting more than six months. But maybe that’s a good thing so a real tenant can go in that spot.

Edited by gman430

4 hours ago, gman430 said:

Well, that sucks. I’ve always liked Qdoba and that was the only one in the upstate. GSP sure seems to have an issue with keeping F&B tenants in business. And a candy shop is the best replacement they can find? Really? I don’t see that lasting more than six months. But maybe that’s a good thing so a real tenant can go in that spot.

The sky is falling in Greenville, as always.

Actually, Qdoba as a chain has had major problems staying in business.